PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck doesn't hold back, "Ron Paul supporters deride son Rand as a "Judas""

Southerner
06-12-2012, 07:57 AM
http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/06/11/ron-paul-supporters-deride-son-rand-as-a-judas-over-romney-support/

cajuncocoa
06-12-2012, 08:02 AM
WGAS what Glenn Beck says?

Southerner
06-12-2012, 08:07 AM
Well I do and we should. He is pretty much correct in his assessment, IMO.

cajuncocoa
06-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Well I do and we should. He is pretty much correct in his assessment, IMO.We've just been burned by him too many times for me to spend any energy worrying about him. I don't expect him to be on our side.

DerailingDaTrain
06-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Glenn Beck is a horrible person who holds extremely bigoted and racist views about much of the world. He is ignorant and was at one point addicted to cocaine and an alcoholic which made his wife divorce him and take the kid. I direct you to these videos for further study:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_lgTIZ22jE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmXjxgy6MUo

donnay
06-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Says one Judas about another. :rolleyes:

paulbot24
06-12-2012, 06:46 PM
He had his time and his place and his fifteen minutes is up. Yet another pink-faced halfwit bites the dust. I don't claim to have all the answers, but he does. Every damn day.

KingNothing
06-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Beck is a lunatic, an idiot, and completely right. The most insane among us did say that about Randy.

BamaFanNKy
06-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Glenn Beck, Adam Kokesh, Alex Jones..... all blowhards who play a role for the attention and money.

dannno
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Says one Judas about another. :rolleyes:

This.

Although I think Schiff's interview posted above does a great job and helping people understand why Rand did what he did.. although it wasn't just the interview, Schiff talked about Rand at various points throughout the entire show and made some really good points.

seyferjm
06-12-2012, 07:50 PM
He had his time and his place and his fifteen minutes is up. Yet another pink-faced halfwit bites the dust. I don't claim to have all the answers, but he does. Every damn day.

IDK if they are up yet, he just signed a pretty big contract IIRC. I cannot stand him anymore, (yes I liked him at one point) Glenn sounds like a kooky preacher wannabe John Hagee poser.

NewRightLibertarian
06-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Glenn Beck, Adam Kokesh, Alex Jones..... all blowhards who play a role for the attention and money.

Nah, the real whores are the Reason scum whose opinions you parrot.

bunklocoempire
06-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Typical.

Equate supporters of the idea of liberty with a cult of personality and bash that, but then turn around and insist those same individuals follow a person of his liking.

I almost didn't catch that with all the awesome camera angles dazzlin' me pea brain and two yes men at yer side. :rolleyes:

Hey Glenn, I think your gonna need some lasers, a disco ball, and about six more cameras to make up for your lame material.

NewRightLibertarian
06-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Beck pisses me off on stuff like this, but he gives quality analysis of the Federal Reserve and banking system. It's strange how someone can get one issue so well and then completely miss the mark on others.

kill the banks
06-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Beck pisses me off on stuff like this, but he gives quality analysis of the Federal Reserve and banking system. It's strange how someone can get one issue so well and then completely miss the mark on others.

mix a little truth with the agenda

Elwar
06-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Buck Feck

AuH20
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
I just read the transcript and Beck is pretty spot-on. The L in Libertarian stands for loser in that they will excommunicate like minded people for that teeny weeny 5%. Remember that movie Shallow Hal with Jason Alexander's character who couldn't bring himself to date the model type with the crooked little toe. That's the so-called libertarians in this movement.

BamaFanNKy
06-12-2012, 09:40 PM

You do realize they have more than one voice. Actually, you probably don't. Sir Alex is your guide.... do not divert your mind from the message of dear leader.

thoughtomator
06-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Glenn Beck is trying to ingratiate himself with the liberty movement the same way he did with the Tea Party, and for the same purposes - to divert and destroy any effectiveness it might have as a political movement.

coffeewithchess
06-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Glenn Beck is trying to ingratiate himself with the liberty movement the same way he did with the Tea Party, and for the same purposes - to divert and destroy any effectiveness it might have as a political movement.

Don't forget, to make a buck. It's the same with all these guys...$$$$$.

Glenn Beck, Risk Santorum lover. Risk Santorum - voted for No Child Left Behind, voted to give Planned Parenthood funding, voted to uphold U.N. resolutions, openly lied about his own positions, and positions of other candidates (at least once in Glenn's face with no correction), and let's not forget the kicker.
Glenn Beck, supporter of Risk Santorum...the "conservative" "anti-Romney" that ended his political campaign with debt. What a real winner.
Don't forget though, Ron Paul is bad because he voted against every single earmark.

Brett85
06-12-2012, 09:49 PM
I just read the transcript and Beck is pretty spot-on. The L in Libertarian stands for loser in that they will excommunicate like minded people for that teeny weeny 5%. Remember that movie Shallow Hal with Jason Alexander's character who couldn't bring himself to date the model type with the crooked little toe. That's the so-called libertarians in this movement.

Yep.

NewRightLibertarian
06-12-2012, 10:38 PM
You do realize they have more than one voice. Actually, you probably don't. Sir Alex is your guide.... do not divert your mind from the message of dear leader.

Yeah, they have a lot of voices that are all owned and do bidding for the Washington D.C. establishment. I prefer to stick with people who are proven supporters of liberty, not those who would be the first to stab the freedom movement in a back when the orders come in

coffeewithchess
06-12-2012, 10:41 PM

Oh, you mean like Hannity, Beck, Rush, Levin, and every single other "conservative" that has done the same thing to RP? Not because of 5%, but because they lie and misconstrue his actual positions. I'm not even Libertarian, but I am tired of the liars on both sides.

COpatriot
06-12-2012, 10:46 PM
What's that Beck? I'm sorry. I couldn't hear your bullshit over the sound of yet another station dropping your radio show.

BamaFanNKy
06-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, they have a lot of voices that are all owned and do bidding for the Washington D.C. establishment. I prefer to stick with people who are proven supporters of liberty, not those who would be the first to stab the freedom movement in a back when the orders come in

You're almost as full of shit as Adam and Alex.

Intoxiklown
06-12-2012, 11:23 PM
First off, he has proven exactly why all the "I hate Rand" threads were moved to Hot Topics so quickly. Way to make us all famous for eating our own.

Second off, anything else about him aside, and like it or not, he is right. People would do well to listen to that excerpt if they haven't already, and then take it to heart. Because he's right. People are running off at the mouth, making wild conspiracy theory assumptions, and burning bridges left and right....without one single clue as to what is going on yet. I have never seen this group of people on this forum make such incredible illogical leaps in thought and prediction as I have the past few days.

No wonder we have the vultures trying to sweep in, make a few attacks on Rand, and try to pat everyone here on the head and say, "it's ok...you can follow me now". Many people here have gone from being free thinkers to sheep with a snap of the fingers.

Brian4Liberty
06-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I just read the transcript and Beck is pretty spot-on.

And did you know that the "transcript" on Beck's site is edited? He (or his editor) removes the most inflammatory parts to make it seem more reasonable.

cavalier973
06-13-2012, 12:04 AM
I would be better able to listen to Beck's radio show if he would drop all the hokey "Three Twelve Eight Step Plan to Love and Liberty" nonsense. Plus, his radio show is a long infomercial to watch his tv show.

enoch150
06-13-2012, 02:16 AM
The L in Libertarian stands for loser in that they will excommunicate like minded people for that teeny weeny 5%. Remember that movie Shallow Hal with Jason Alexander's character who couldn't bring himself to date the model type with the crooked little toe. That's the so-called libertarians in this movement.

Really?

Example 1: The two main LP candidates for President this year were Gary Johnson and R Lee Wrights, with Johnson representing mainstream libertarianism and Wrights representing the "libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party." Johnson won the nomination at the national convention, obviously. Wrights was nominated for Chairman of the national party, but declined, and ended up being the Vice-Chairman of the national party. A place for both sides was found within the party.

Example 2: I am a hard core libertarian and supported Wrights. My friend is also a hard core libertarian and was actually at the national convention and on C-SPAN opposing Johnson. But when it came time to get the campaign active in Connecticut, we both stepped up and are now co-directors for the Johnson campaign in Connecticut because we realize that, even if we have some disagreements with Johnson, he's still a huge step in the right direction and there needs to be an alternative in November to Romney/Obama.

I consider anyone who supports less government to be a friend of the liberty movement, even if they aren't an-cap like me. They won't become an enemy until government has shrunk to the point that they stop supporting less government.

Mini-Me
06-13-2012, 02:33 AM
Really?

Example 1: The two main LP candidates for President this year were Gary Johnson and R Lee Wrights, with Johnson representing mainstream libertarianism and Wrights representing the "libertarian wing of the Libertarian Party." Johnson won the nomination at the national convention, obviously. Wrights was nominated for Chairman of the national party, but declined, and ended up being the Vice-Chairman of the national party. A place for both sides was found within the party.

Example 2: I am a hard core libertarian and supported Wrights. My friend is also a hard core libertarian and was actually at the national convention and on C-SPAN opposing Johnson. But when it came time to get the campaign active in Connecticut, we both stepped up and are now co-directors for the Johnson campaign in Connecticut because we realize that, even if we have some disagreements with Johnson, he's still a huge step in the right direction and there needs to be an alternative in November to Romney/Obama.

I consider anyone who supports less government to be a friend of the liberty movement, even if they aren't an-cap like me. They won't become an enemy until government has shrunk to the point that they stop supporting less government.

You're a lifesaver. I was starting to think that hardly any other hardcore libertarians thought like me. The typical dogmatic view on compromise is that "moving in the right direction" is still "moving in the wrong direction" and "the same thinking that got us in this mess" if a candidate doesn't want to move as fast or as far as the speaker. I understand that the vast majority of candidates typically have dealbreaker issues where they actually want to increase government in some area (huge red flag!), but this movement could gain some serious oomph if more of us could differentiate them from candidates who actually want to move wholesale in the right direction.

donnay
06-13-2012, 07:01 AM
And did you know that the "transcript" on Beck's site is edited? He (or his editor) removes the most inflammatory parts to make it seem more reasonable.

Not to mention when Beck did the show it was a script he was reciting that his handlers wrote. I wouldn't even give Beck credit for thinking this up on his own.

Yeah he has a "L" next to his name and it stands for 'Loser." That's why he cries so much, he knows it!

Working Poor
06-13-2012, 07:06 AM

They are all whores....

Butchie
06-13-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't like Beck, but he has a point here, I didn't like Rand's endoresement and I still don't, I wrote him politely and told him so, but people telling him to "Burn in Hell", seriously grow up.

No Free Beer
06-13-2012, 07:37 AM
ill be honest with you.

we are doing this to ourselves. dont blame the shill for our actions.

going on rands facebook page and explaining your disappointment is one thing. it's another to use such harsh words.

but, let me remind some of you...rick santorum said he will fight us at the convention for the platform, that is why glenn beck is saying this. to hurt us and help santorum.

coffeewithchess
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
ill be honest with you.

we are doing this to ourselves. dont blame the shill for our actions.

going on rands facebook page and explaining your disappointment is one thing. it's another to use such harsh words.

but, let me remind some of you...rick santorum said he will fight us at the convention for the platform, that is why glenn beck is saying this. to hurt us and help santorum.

The last I checked, the grassroots has little blame to bare. When was the last time a company that failed because of terrible policies, pricing, and strategy blamed the customers?
Ron Paul 2012's campaign not only signed a deal with Romney, but they did so and kept raising money and then used the official campaign website to try and defend Rand's lying endorsement of Ron Paul.
If Glenn Beck is supposedly about "The Truth" or whatever bullcrap is his new slogan, how about the fact Rand Paul was lying in his endorsement?
Glenn Beck has no credibility. He lives in a bubble world where honest debate is not allowed, because he pushes propaganda.

Weston White
06-16-2012, 12:55 AM

Glenn Beck has to continue feeding something for his target audience to bit into and string them along with, otherwise his rating would begin to plummet, while his viewers move elsewhere to feed; to Alex Jones for example. Beck’s show is designed primarely to corral those now beginning to awaken.

Even watered down wine will keep you intoxicated if you consume enough of it.

SpicyTurkey
06-16-2012, 01:00 AM
Beck is losing views, and wants to increase his ratings by mentioning us as much as possible in hope of the impossible.

kcchiefs6465
06-16-2012, 11:04 AM
They are all whores....
I would agree. Excluding Ben Swann of course.

BuddyRey
06-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Glenn Beck is a snake in the grass. A disingenuous huckster who is not to be trusted again.