PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me, are all the Primaries finished now?

David40
06-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Just wanted to know if there were any states left that have not had their primary or caucus? :confused:
Thanks

tbone717
06-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Utah is on 6/26. That is the last one.

Richie
06-12-2012, 07:46 AM
According to CNN, it appears so.

http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/scorecard/statebystate/r

specsaregood
06-12-2012, 07:50 AM
There are non presidential primaries left as well.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 08:09 AM
The Iowa state convention is coming up, though, and we hope to do well there.

David40
06-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Deleted

thatpeculiarcat
06-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks all for that info. With Utah being the last it's too bad we could not launch a massive concentrated effort on that last state. But of course the delegate conventions are the most important thing I suppose.

It wouldn't matter because it's Utah.

Mormons love them some Obomney. However they don't know anything else about him other than he's Mormon.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks all for that info. With Utah being the last it's too bad we could not launch a massive concentrated effort on that last state. But of course the delegate conventions are the most important thing I suppose.

Utah, as I understand it, broke their rules to keep all debate out and declared an establishment /Romney slate as delegates already. I could be wrong but I remember reading that.

So our big thing is Iowa and supporting the credentialling battles for Louisiana etc.

georgiaboy
06-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Has California wrapped everything up?

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Has California wrapped everything up?

Yeah. We don't even have a convention. The emails right before registration deadline pretty much ended our chance of taking districts there, imho. I put out flyers the last week just to show Ron was still in. I wasn't getting anywhere talking to people.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 11:02 AM
If we get Iowa and keep our delegates through credentials fights, we have five states that can nominate Ron. Given that most issues we have have support outside our group, although the support for specific issues may be scattered, we have other states where we only have to pick up a like minded few people to control those states and do business bringing and seconding motions. We MAY have a majority in more states, but I am not aware of them if so. Note, this will take WORKING WITH OTHERS which is where Ron's 'respectful' comment comes in, not saying we shouldn't insist on our rights under the rules.

But no one has been elected from the floor but the presumed nominee since 1976. If we do that, Ron has an UNEDITED, unfiltered speech as nominee to the convention. Whether it would convince delegates present not to eat the dog food they are being offered in the presumed nominee is one thing, but in itself that nomination would be historic, as would actually doing business that a national convention is SUPPOSED to do in shaping policy for the party.

tsai3904
06-12-2012, 11:08 AM
If we get Iowa and keep our delegates through credentials fights, we have five states that can nominate Ron.

What are the five states again?

Iowa
Minnesota
Maine
Nevada
Colorado (?)

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
I said if we keep them through credentials fights. They never ratified their 'new rules' in Louisiana before the chair was ousted. In fact, the rules committee the night before had elected a new rules chair, the one whose hip was dislocated. And the state I am thinking of is Louisiana. The videos there are more than compelling. The other side looks AWFUL. With Santa challenging on platform, I don't know about CO since it is coalition based, although it is one I am thinking of, as is Alaska, if the Santa folks join ours for purpose of the nomination. Note that the NOMINATION is not the same thing as the first ballot vote, which is where binding applies, and in some states 'Santorum' delegates support Ron. But the one I am more counting on is Louisiana.

Louisiana
Minnesota
Maine
Nevada
Iowa

It would be nice if AK could change their chair etc so our guys get in earlier. Maybe if they put in the call SPECIFICALLY that they would not be undoing the delegates already elected people would come for quorum.

Champ
06-12-2012, 11:21 AM
What are the five states again?

Iowa
Minnesota
Maine
Nevada
Colorado (?)

As of right now, Minnesota, Maine, Louisiana.

Iowa we have a strong chance in, and Colorado is contingent on Santorum delegates keeping their word and going with the RP slate.

We did win Nevada, but those are bound Romney delegates, which don't count towards the winning a plurality of delegates in a state.

So, Iowa, Minnesota, Maine, Louisiana, and Colorado are the 5. That's my take so far at least.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Champuckett, they are bound on the VOTE, not on the nomination. The rule says they are bound on the FIRST VOTE ON THE BALLOT, it says nothing about any other vote.

tsai3904
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
We did win Nevada, but those are bound Romney delegates, which don't count towards the winning a plurality of delegates in a state

This isn't a sure thing though. Even the expert on this nomination process, FHQ (http://frontloading.blogspot.com/), doesn't know for a fact regarding this issue. I'm thinking they are only pledged to vote for Romney on the first ballot but on every other vote, they are not bound to do anything. Hopefully voting to nominate a candidate is a different vote and they are free to do what they want.

Champ
06-12-2012, 11:27 AM
Champuckett, they are bound on the VOTE, not on the nomination. The rule says they are bound on the FIRST VOTE ON THE BALLOT, it says nothing about any other vote.

If that's true, Oklahoma could be another win, although I'm not holding my breath on that.

sailingaway
06-12-2012, 11:31 AM
If that's true, Oklahoma could be another win, although I'm not holding my breath on that.

If we win the challenge. I think we SHOULD win, but that one is more procedural and I think Romney controlled credentials committee will feel more comfortable sweeping it under the rug than the Louisiana one where they look like they were doing precisely what they were, and elderly people were physically injured while in no way acting inappropriately -- all on video tape circulatable to media.

Once we win 5 though, they may flip to the 'conciliatory' side, and be more fair on all the other calls, as well.

dannno
06-12-2012, 11:37 AM
It wouldn't matter because it's Utah.

Mormons love them some Obomney. However they don't know anything else about him other than he's Mormon.

Actually Utah has had quite a few successes coming from anti-establishment candidates. They also seem to like the honest monetary policy angle.

alucard13mmfmj
06-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Utah... lol. We are screwed. >.<

Collectivism will screw us :S.

While they might have success with anti-establishment candidates... they can't resist having one of theirs as POTUS.

JudgeNapFan
06-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Just voted in Nevada. Pleased that there were a couple of Ron Paul supporters to vote for.

Keith and stuff
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
As of right now, Minnesota, Maine, Louisiana.

Ron Paul doesn't have the majority of the delegates from LA right now either so take that off the list for now.