PDA

View Full Version : Australian Coroner Agrees Dingo Took Baby in 1980 Case

specsaregood
06-12-2012, 05:51 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/australian-coroner-agrees-dingo-baby-1980-case/story?id=16546424

One of the most highly publicized missing-child cases in history, which led to a mother's wrongful imprisonment, has finally come to an end after an Australian corner officially ruled that a dingo killed the woman's baby.

Lindy Chamberlain has been haunted for 32 years by public doubt of her version of events about how her 9-week-old daughter, Azaria, died. Chamberlain shocked the world when she reported that the infant had been snatched by a dingo, a wild dog that lives mostly in the Australian outback.

"We're relieved and delighted to come to the end of this saga," Chamberlain said Monday. Her former husband, and Azaria's father, Michael, added, "this battle to get to the legal truth of what happened to Azaria has taken too long."

Coroner Elizabeth Morris said, "Please accept my sincere apology on the death of your special and loved daughter and sister Azaria. I am so sorry for your loss. Time does not remove the pain and sadness of death of a child."

more at link

oyarde
06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I never understood why anyone doubted these poor people in the first place....

Zippyjuan
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Curious why it took 30 years to decide.