PDA

View Full Version : Google and Apple use planes that can film you sunbathing in your back garden

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 04:51 PM
VANESSA ALLEN
UK Daily Mail
Monday, June 11, 2012

Spy planes able to photograph sunbathers in their back gardens are being deployed by Google and Apple.

The U.S. technology giants are racing to produce aerial maps so detailed they can show up objects just four inches wide.

But campaigners say the technology is a sinister development that brings the surveillance society a step closer.

Google admits it has already sent planes over cities while Apple has acquired a firm using spy-in-the-sky technology that has been tested on at least 20 locations, including London.

Apple’s military-grade cameras are understood to be so powerful they could potentially see into homes through skylights and windows. The technology is similar to that used by intelligence agencies in identifying terrorist targets in Afghanistan.

rest of article here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2157150/Google-Apple-use-planes-film-sunbathing-garden.html

Seraphim
06-11-2012, 04:55 PM
A few years ago when Google Earth was launched and all of their trucks were going around photographing everything - they passed by my parents place as I was in the driveway playing road hockey. Needless to say, I am part of the picture for my parents google Earth photograph. In remarkable detail.

BamaFanNKy
06-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Sunbathing is bad for your skin.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Corporations becoming part of the surveillance grid?

The hell, you say.

And suing them to stop is just as, if not more, difficult than trying to sue government.

These companies hove no permission from me to take pictures of my private property and expose them for all the world to see.

Of course, zero fucks will be given by most people, or worse, this will be defended as some sort of private "corporate" right, and freedom will die a little more.

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
A few years ago when Google Earth was launched and all of their trucks were going around photographing everything - they passed by my parents place as I was in the driveway playing road hockey. Needless to say, I am part of the picture for my parents google Earth photograph. In remarkable detail.

Should've worn your birthday suit.

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM

The hell, you say.

And suing them to stop is just as, if not more, difficult than trying to sue government.

These companies hove no permission from me to take pictures of my private property and expose them for all the world to see.

Of course, zero fucks will be given by most people, or worse, this will be defended as some sort of private "corporate" right, and freedom will die a little more.

There's nothing worse than a slave defending its master.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Should've worn your birthday suit.

Felony indecent exposure in front of a minor.

10 to 20 years in prison and permanent registration in the sex offender database.

BamaFanNKy
06-11-2012, 05:02 PM

The hell, you say.

If they are in the sky that's Public. Courts have ruled you can shoot from Public property if I am not mistaken. (Totally being Devil's advocate)

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:04 PM
If they are in the sky that's Public. Courts have ruled you can shoot from Public property if I am not mistaken. (Totally being Devil's advocate)

There you go.

No recourse, in the unholy alliance between the corporate state and the surveillance state.

BamaFanNKy
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
There you go.

No recourse, in the unholy alliance between the corporate state and the surveillance state.

I could be wrong but, I'm thinking of when Papparazzi (sp?) use long lenses to shoot into back yards of celebrities.

specsaregood
06-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Felony indecent exposure in front of a minor.
10 to 20 years in prison and permanent registration in the sex offender database.

This is a real win for us exhibitionists. Just need to make sure to wear a mask.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:06 PM
This is a real win for us exhibitionists. Just need to make sure to wear a mask.

Wearing a mask while in commission of a felony, is a felony.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I could be wrong but, I'm thinking of when Papparazzi (sp?) use long lenses to shoot into back yards of celebrities.

I'm thinking you're right, although I don't know for sure.

I know there is no legal recourse for google and it's ground patrol spy cars.

specsaregood
06-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Wearing a mask while in commission of felony, is a felony.

that reminds me, what ever happened to that cop that got caught on security cam banging a chick on his patrol car outside a gated community....might have to followup on that one.

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Wearing a mask while in commission of a felony, is a felony.

Bump

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?213485-You-Commit-Three-Felonies-a-Day&highlight=felonies+day

MelissaCato
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Well, I personally will make it easier on them - and check into Google Latitude while I'm sunbathing - just so they don't miss a chance to see me in my (next 2 nothings) LOL

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 05:23 PM
that reminds me, what ever happened to that cop that got caught on security cam banging a chick on his patrol car outside a gated community....might have to followup on that one.

New Mexico Cop Bert Lopez Fired for Sex in Police Uniform with a Chihuahua as Eye-Witness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nYCIhNDeD18

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM

He got fired.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/localnews/State-police-fire-cop-in-sex-tape

Funny, beat somebody to a dead, bloody pulp and you keep your job.

Getting laid at lunchtime gets you fired.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, I personally will make it easier on them - and check into Google Latitude while I'm sunbathing - just so they don't miss a chance to see me in my (next 2 nothings) LOL

They don't care about that.

But they sure will about that unregistered car.

Or those plants that look suspiciously like marijuana.

Or that illegal pool.

Or illegal treehouse.

Or that unpermitted outbuilding that looks like it's housing a meth lab.

Or those unpermitted plants that use too much water.

Or that illegal lawn watering.

Or that unpermitted sundeck.

Stand still, right where you are citizen, and await SWAT, which will be there shortly and await vaporization by drone strike, which is inbound now.

Pauls' Revere
06-11-2012, 06:53 PM

anyone can walk down a walmart parking lot and photograph licence plates and paste it on fb. They can photo the front of your house from the street as well. Shit I can take pics of people on the highway all day if I want. Sucks, but...

Brian4Liberty
06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
He got fired.

Ridiculous. His car is not there, so he probably was not on duty. What if he has sex "in uniform" in a bedroom? Is that OK? Most Police groupies would say that is the entire point of being with a cop... :eek:

And like you said, if they kill or maim people, no problem whatsoever.

Voluntary Man
06-11-2012, 07:00 PM
He got fired.

the rationale is simple:

1) murder reduces the population.

2) sex increases the population.

it's all about eugenics.

if the cop in question had murdered his sex partner, it would've been a wash.

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 07:31 PM
the rationale is simple:

1) murder reduces the population.

2) sex increases the population.

it's all about eugenics.

if the cop in question had murdered his sex partner, it would've been a wash.

Sadly true.

Voluntary Man
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
This is a real win for us exhibitionists. Just need to make sure to wear a mask.running through the woods naked, howling at the moon, while being broadcast on spy-tube? ;)

asurfaholic
06-11-2012, 07:43 PM

The hell, you say.

Here's what I learned from being arrested for being naked in my own house. 2 counts of indecent exposure, dropped, and a neighbor who had been filming me in my house for some time.

Your house and property can be filmed, photographed, stared AT, stared INTO if visible by anybody or company, if they are doing it from public view. Reason is, its in view of the public, and ya, that's about it. I guess the sky is considered public as well.

Its beyond crap, I know. But how do you protect yourself from prying eyes? I sure can't protect my house from being visible from the sky. I can't even build a privacy fence all the way around my house to provide privacy, or the city goons will come and fine me, and if I don't take it down, they will increasingly f me over until I give up.

QueenB4Liberty
06-11-2012, 07:46 PM
So what is new about this?

specsaregood
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
running through the woods naked, howling at the moon, while being broadcast on spy-tube? ;)

this guy ^ knows how to party!

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 08:02 PM
But how do you protect yourself from prying eyes? I sure can't protect my house from being visible from the sky.

You should not even want to comrade.

You should welcome the loving gaze of Big Brother, working tirelessly to keep you safe.

Kidding aside, no, you can't.

If you erected a ghillytarp, then you would get a SWAT raid for a possible pot grow.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 08:03 PM
So what is new about this?

Close in, low level surveillance with, apparently, the resolution to count your nose hairs and pimples on your ass, in addition to being able to look into windows and open doors.

FindLiberty
06-11-2012, 09:32 PM
SpyPlaneCams could be great if web-streamed...

They can be used to screen for breast and/or skin cancer to
lower insurance costs and improve chances for surgical cure!

DCFS can swoop in if children aren't wearing enough sun block...

Spot / target /track source of dog poop found in the yard.

Nude sunbathers will help expand government employee participation
in the "see something say something" program. Participation is
required by all gov workers, unless they are ugly or fat. The ugly
and fat workers are required to climb trees and utility poles instead
of watching the SpyPlaneCameras.

Using false color IR sensors can spot infected trees. Eventually
expand resolution to target individual green ash borers.

Using IR sensors to see through swim suits to check for
weapons at poolside.

Spot banned books being read at poolside.

Spot and target low spots in rain gutters where female
mosquitoes base their disease spreading operations from.

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
The Chestnut Tree was almost empty. A ray of sunlight slanting through a window fell on dusty table-tops. It was the lonely hour of fifteen. A tinny music trickled from the telescreens.

Winston sat in his usual corner, gazing into an empty glass. Now and again he glanced up at a vast face which eyed him from the opposite wall. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said. Unbidden, a waiter came and filled his glass up with Victory Gin, shaking into it a few drops from another bottle with a quill through the cork. It was saccharine flavoured with cloves, the speciality of the cafe.

Winston was listening to the telescreen. At present only music was coming out of it, but there was a possibility that at any moment there might be a special bulletin from the Ministry of Peace. The news from the African front was disquieting in the extreme. On and off he had been worrying about it all day. A Eurasian army (Oceania was at war with Eurasia: Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia) was moving southward at terrifying speed.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 10:06 PM
'I betrayed you,' she said baldly.

'I betrayed you,' he said.

She gave him another quick look of dislike.

'Sometimes,' she said, 'they threaten you with something -- something you can't stand up to, can't even think about. And then you say, "Don't do it to me, do it to somebody else, do it to So-and-so." And perhaps you might pretend, afterwards, that it was only a trick and that you just said it to make them stop and didn't really mean it. But that isn't true. At the time when it happens you do mean it. You think there's no other way of saving yourself, and you're quite ready to save yourself that way. You want it to happen to the other person. You don't give a damn what they suffer. All you care about is yourself.'

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 10:09 PM
A shrill trumpet-call had pierced the air. It was the bulletin! Victory! It always meant victory when a trumpet-call preceded the news. A sort of electric drill ran through the cafe. Even the waiters had started and pricked up their ears.

The trumpet-call had let loose an enormous volume of noise. Already an excited voice was gabbling from the telescreen, but even as it started it was almost drowned by a roar of cheering from outside. The news had run round the streets like magic. He could hear just enough of what was issuing from the telescreen to realize that it had all happened, as he had foreseen; a vast seaborne armada had secretly assembled a sudden blow in the enemy's rear, the white arrow tearing across the tail of the black. Fragments of triumphant phrases pushed themselves through the din: 'Vast strategic manoeuvre -- perfect co-ordination -- utter rout -- half a million prisoners -- complete demoralization -- control of the whole of Africa -- bring the war within measurable distance of its end victory -- greatest victory in human history -- victory, victory, victory!'

Under the table Winston's feet made convulsive movements. He had not stirred from his seat, but in his mind he was running, swiftly running, he was with the crowds outside, cheering himself deaf. He looked up again at the portrait of Big Brother. The colossus that bestrode the world! The rock against which the hordes of Asia dashed themselves in vain! He thought how ten minutes ago -- yes, only ten minutes -- there had still been equivocation in his heart as he wondered whether the news from the front would be of victory or defeat. Ah, it was more than a Eurasian army that had perished! Much had changed in him since that first day in the Ministry of Love, but the final, indispensable, healing change had never happened, until this moment.

The voice from the telescreen was still pouring forth its tale of prisoners and booty and slaughter, but the shouting outside had died down a little. The waiters were turning back to their work. One of them approached with the gin bottle. Winston, sitting in a blissful dream, paid no attention as his glass was filled up. He was not running or cheering any longer. He was back in the Ministry of Love, with everything forgiven, his soul white as snow. He was in the public dock, confessing everything, implicating everybody. He was walking down the white-tiled corridor, with the feeling of walking in sunlight, and an armed guard at his back. The longhoped-for bullet was entering his brain.

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself.

He loved Big Brother.

BattleFlag1776
06-11-2012, 10:21 PM
"We are the dead," he said.
"We are the dead," echoed Julia dutifully.
"You are the dead," said an iron voice behind them.
They sprang apart. Winston's entrails seemed to have turned into ice.

I always look over my shoulder when I get to that part.