PDA

View Full Version : How do we convert progressives and neocons?

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I would really like to know if there is a successful way to convert these people to our side. They make up a large percentage of our country. By that I mean people who support these huge social programs and people who support our foreign policy.

I think maybe a way to convert the progressives on social programs is to outline a way to ease off of them. A blueprint of how to get from where we are to where we want to be.

Neocons might only be convertable if we can convince them our foreign policy actually makes us less safe and will make us incredibly UNSAFE once it causes (well it is one of the major causes) our collapse.

Thoughts? I'm an eternal optimist when I'm not being pessimistic. I think there is some way to make them see the light. Some of them at least.

jj-
06-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Hyperinflation.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
We cannot convert neocons. We can convert "national security" conservatives, the types that oppose Libya and Syria but still want a good deal of interventionin the world.

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
We cannot convert neocons. We can convert "national security" conservatives, the types that oppose Libya and Syria but still want a good deal of interventionin the world.

Ok. How do we convert them?

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I'd really like to think we can make alot of headway with the supporters of these massive social programs. At least the ones that support them out of compassion for their fellow man. Compassion for other humans is something we have in common, they are just brainwashed on what the solution should be.

Vessol
06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Showing the gun in the room. Show the violence that is involved in Statism, is the only way I've found as successful.

Trying to convince someone via logic is not effective sadly as most people don't think logically. Use morality and push the morality onto them. If they advocate such policies, they then must advocate using force against you in order to fund them. Ask them if they think it's right for them to want to hurt you.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-11-2012, 03:50 PM

Good question.

Demigod
06-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't really think you can convert anyone.Either they understand it or they don't.I have been talking with one of my friends on the freedom subject a lot and he is OK and "you are right " all the time but I can see it that he does not understand it in principle.For every issue he starts with well we have to limit this,tax that so after an hour of two of me explaining to him that he is not correct to say well OK but I don't think that it would work well when implemented.

The best way is to just give them the material then it is up to them if they understand it.Now this is of course for core support.

For soft support you just need to be the next big thing.People want a winner if they see you as the next boss they will suck up although they do not believe in everything you speak off .

catdd
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
baseball bat?

BamaFanNKy
06-11-2012, 03:59 PM

This was highly effective stump speech from Rand in a strong Military state (Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53xlK27GQJM

John F Kennedy III
06-11-2012, 04:30 PM
This was highly effective stump speech from Rand in a strong Military state (Ft. Knox and Ft. Campbell):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53xlK27GQJM

Great video. Thank you.

tod evans
06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Both factions have one thing in common....They're looking for government to force their beliefs on others.

Cowards who wouldn't have the guts to try and force their beliefs on others without hired guns to do it for them.

I'm obviously not diplomatic enough to explain to these folks that standing on their own two feet is preferable...

Those who sleep with dogs..........

BamaFanNKy
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Great video. Thank you.

Other great places to learn this stuff is Learn Liberty's Youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnLiberty/videos