PDA

View Full Version : The great unspoken problem...

hammy
06-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Obviously there's a lot of turmoil going on in the liberty movement right now, but I think everyone is missing the bigger issue (or at least, one of the major issues), that is causing a great number of our current problems.

It is with our voting system itself and the spoiler effect. A system that is completely broken.

I'll keep this short, merely by saying, our movement should start focusing on switching our voting system to a new type (ala alternative vote).

This little video explains it all wonderfully:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE

Mr. Perfidy
06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I wan to make Election Day a Holiday in the true sense of the term- every district gets a clear box for ballots, registered voters go to a public stage and write on a piece of paper, drop it in the box; on stage are the elected Election Committee people, who, at the closing of the polls, bust out a giant blackboard, and just read aloud and tally the results. Close down town squares all over america for a giant party in every district as we drink and cheer and rally in support of our various candidates and await the official tally.

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I wan to make Election Day a Holiday in the true sense of the term- every district gets a clear box for ballots, registered voters go to a public stage and write on a piece of paper, drop it in the box; on stage are the elected Election Committee people, who, at the closing of the polls, bust out a giant blackboard, and just read aloud and tally the results. Close down town squares all over america for a giant party in every district as we drink and cheer and rally in support of our various candidates and await the official tally.
lolz... at least this will make it painfully obvious that voting is merely a ritual of the democracy cult.

sailingaway
06-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I agree the system is broken but this goes in general politics

PaulConventionWV
06-11-2012, 04:13 PM

Parties, eh?

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2012, 04:26 PM
P.S. "holiday" comes to us from the phrase "holy day". Considering the evil and secular nature of the state, I propose we stop calling state celebrations "holidays". "Observances" is more accurate.

thequietkid10
06-11-2012, 04:48 PM
If I may, I believe that the true problem is that the general population.

There is talk of raising the minimum wage here in New York. According to the poll reported on one of the local news shows

77% support this

keh10
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
If I may, I believe that the true problem is that the general population.

There is talk of raising the minimum wage here in New York. According to the poll reported on one of the local news shows

77% support this

That's sure to help with the unemployment problem ;)