PDA

View Full Version : Navy Drone Crashes in Maryland

Bruno
06-11-2012, 12:30 PM
No injuries reported at this time.

http://www.wboc.com/story/18757309/possible-drone-crash-in-nanticoke-river

NANTICOKE, Md. (AP/WBOC)- The U.S. Coast Guard says an unmanned Naval aircraft has crashed on Maryland's Eastern Shore and there are no injuries.

A spokeswoman for the Patuxent River Naval Air Station's Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons program says a 44-foot unmanned aircraft on a routine maintenance flight crashed near Bloodsworth Island around noon Monday.

U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Jonathan Lindberg says the Coast Guard is setting up a safety zone around the marshy area.

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Yay.

And when they crash into your house, "qualified immunity" will prevent you from suing.

LibertyEagle
06-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Ugh. These things need to all be grounded in this country. I cannot believe we are putting up with this crap.

Vessol
06-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Yeah at 44 feet that thing will destroy an entire house and any family inside it if it crashes..:(

pcosmar
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Ugh. These things need to all be grounded in this country. I cannot believe we are putting up with this crap.

I'm thinking a Microwave rifle might effectively ground them.
;)

donnay
06-11-2012, 12:41 PM
I am just glad no one was hurt. Drones in our society is not a free society! :mad:

AGRP
06-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Question: If drones are not considered warfare then what if someone from the middle east "accidentally" crashed a couple into buildings?

V3n
06-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm thinking a Microwave rifle might effectively ground them.
;)

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

CaptUSA
06-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah it went down on an uninhabited navy-owned island in the Chesapeake Bay.

I did my flight training down there and know the area pretty well. It's pretty heavily trafficked. I know I would have freaked if I saw one of those things go down out there, though!

pcosmar
06-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

No newsletter. I'm no scientist..
Just internet searches,, and theories based on limited knowledge...

But hell, they'll use this shit on us.. Might just re-purpose existing technology.

Havax
06-11-2012, 12:58 PM
It crashed nearby where I grew up - Cambridge.

ClydeCoulter
06-11-2012, 01:02 PM

When the American people put up with it in other countries, they invited it here. Sad, but true. Stop all of it everywhere.

pcosmar
06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
No newsletter. I'm no scientist..
Just internet searches,, and theories based on limited knowledge...

But hell, they'll use this shit on us.. Might just re-purpose existing technology.

I have no idea. I have done NO personal R&D..yet
This is just to give people ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmWu31eccY0

tod evans
06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
176 million + clean up ......

More good use of tax dollars:mad:

heavenlyboy34
06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Yay.

And when they crash into your house, "qualified immunity" will prevent you from suing.
Remember when you and I predicted the drones being used in "The Homeland" some months ago? Kinda sucks to be right about this kind of thing. :(

Anti Federalist
06-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Remember when you and I predicted the drones being used in "The Homeland" some months ago? Kinda sucks to be right about this kind of thing. :(

Yes, yes it does.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Ths thing crashed close to where I live.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
btw, the comment section in this story on the local news website is blowing up with comments. We hardly ever have a story get this kind of attention so please feel free to chime in and give your thoughts.

Tod
06-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Wow, I have been in that area before, sailing up the east side of Bloodsworth. I spent the night in Fishing Bay in a thunderstorm.

Pericles
06-12-2012, 09:02 AM
IF I was going to mount a PSYOP, I would say the drone was shot down by an irate citizen.

pcosmar
06-12-2012, 09:11 AM
IF I was going to mount a PSYOP, I would say the drone was shot down by an irate citizen.

If it was taken out by a Patriot,, or group of patriots, would the media report it as such?

I think not.

Pericles
06-12-2012, 10:14 AM
If it was taken out by a Patriot,, or group of patriots, would the media report it as such?

I think not.

Thanks to the Internet, more disinformation can be spread faster than it ever could.

The objective is to have authorities feel compelled to deny the rumor.

pcosmar
06-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks to the Internet, more disinformation can be spread faster than it ever could.

The objective is to have authorities feel compelled to deny the rumor.

Meh,,
I don't care whether it was mechanical malfunction, operator stupidity or vigilant citizen,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWsJcg-g1pg

I'm still pleased with the news. :D