PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Dollars Seized!

F3d
11-16-2007, 02:59 PM

DjLoTi
11-16-2007, 03:01 PM
Welcome to Thursday morning! :P

Mark
11-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Welcome to Thursday morning! :P

deja vu..

well.. I didn't know CNN had picked it up.. so.. thanks.. :)

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
hmm is coverage a good thing..or a bad thing?

kylejack
11-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for letting us know! Nobody told us about this!

rdenner
11-16-2007, 03:11 PM
I think the OP is stating that it's leaking into the mainsteam slowly but surely.. It also was in the USA Today this morning.

I see three possible outcomes from this as far as Ron Paul is concerned.

1. Nothing(most likely).

2. Possitive in that it will start a conversation regarding Gold/Silver and precious metals as an alternative currency. Ron Paul will have to steer clear of this directly, but it's a perfect segway for him to start talking about his monetary stances.

Here is how a CNN interview may look next week.

CNN: Mr Paul. A company was raided last week on charges of mail fraud. They were minting coins in your likeness. The US Treasury is saying they were minting coins in violation of the law. Do you support such a thing.

Paul: No I don't condone breaking of the law, but this sure does bring into sharp contrast the things I've been talking about. I have learned that this company has over 100,000 people circulating these coins as opposed to the Fiat Federal Reserve notes know to you and I as US Dollars. yada yada yada....

You get the point.. This could be very beneficial to him and his views that the US Dollar is dying..

3. NEGATIVE.. This could be our Dean Scream moment. They could just show over and over and over and over again, images of a Ron Paul coin and call it a counterfiet coin. The company that has ties to the Ron Paul campaign(as the owner has donated to Paul and is an ardent supporter) and his company is now being shut down on charges of counterfieting and mail fraud... COUNTERFIET COUNTERFIET. RON PAUL RON PAUL CONTERFIRONPAUL and on and on and on.

By the time Ron Paul could possibly get on the air to say anything, it'll be over...

Hope it's 1 or 2

Tim724
11-16-2007, 03:11 PM

I think it is marginally good as it gets people curious about Dr Paul.

Patrick Henry
11-16-2007, 03:13 PM

That was my question also. I have no idea. Could be good for those who are watching the dollar collapse right before there very eyes all the while Gold, silver, and copper etc... continue there steady climb.

jgmaynard
11-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't see why this is not a barter issue. If two people want to trade some widget for x number of silver or copper or gold coins, and they both agree that the Norfed symbol or whatever signifies a certain weight and purity of the metal, what COULDN'T they trade one-for-another?

JM

Johnnybags
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Funny, they use the constitution when they feel like it. They love to steal our savings thru useless dollar bills. Its good news because it will spark a debate, its actually real money they siezed according to the constitution and fake money they give us.

American
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM

I think is great news, not for liberty dollar but for Ron Paul. All he has to do is point out what he has been saying and now he has a real example to the differences to fiat money vs real money backed by hard assets. I think this is great if he uses it this way.

You couldnt have made this shit up, its perfect. Just more intrusive Govt controls on peoples lives.

r3volution
11-16-2007, 03:27 PM
MSNBC : Fake gold and silver Ron Paul coins seized
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21836699/

Jobarra
11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they charged the owner for running a scam since there is no precious metals to back up the notes currently held by others. Of course they won't mention that they stole all the precious metals from the vault during the raid. Sadly, I've heard many of the stories of other government agency raids. Most often the owner has to sue to get the 'evidence' back even when exonerated. Imagine having to sue to get your possessions back.

Edit to add:

Fake gold and silver Ron Paul coins seized
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21836699/

Well, there's just the first of many shots against the owner. Fake? Is there a FED issued Ron Paul dollar that I'm not aware of? If not, then it's not a fake but the real thing. Surprisingly they actually printed the campaign's reply. Surprised the journalist even did that much homework. Really wish I had ordered several of those dollars :(. I'm sure they are going to be worth a ton now(someone earlier said up to $100 on ebay now?).

jake
11-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I can't see how this could have any negative impact on the RP campaign from an outsiders point of view - if anything, it should be positive!