PDA

View Full Version : Is it over?

Daveforliberty
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
When I discovered Ron Paul in 2006, if you asked 100 people who he was, 99 or 100 would have said they didn't know. If you asked 100 people what they thought about the Federal Reserve, 99 would have told you that all they knew was Alan Greenspan was really smart. If you would have looked for a conservative anti-war movement you would have found none - only liberals who really only hated Bush and the Republicans. Just five years ago the 71 year-old Ron Paul was literally a voice in the wilderness. Today, everyone knows who Ron Paul is. Everyone at least knows some of what he stands for. 10-15% of people voting in Repbulican presidential forums have realized that what they were really looking for, as they voted for the lesser of two evils, was liberty.

This is phenomenal. But as much as you might hate to hear it, this is not nearly enough. Be honest. The sheeple are still the vast majority. Many of them aren't even paying attention -- they will simply come out to vote in November for whatever "R" or "D" is on the ticket. Ron Paul is smart enough to know that he would never become president. If we are honest with ourselves, most of us knew it too. I did, and told many of my rabid young friends. They didn't like it. Yet I gave money to the campaign. Yes, I hoped a miracle would occur, but at least I knew it would take a miracle. A total economic collapse might have done it, but it didn't happen. Even that wouldn't have guaranteed it, because our movement is not yet wide and deep enough.

Winning the presidency in 2008 or 2012 was not what I donated my money for. Ron Paul is a great man. Truly a great American. When he leaves us I will weep like losing a member of my family. But the message is bigger than the man. He has told you this himself many times.

Ron Paul is Johnny Appleseed. He is planting the seeds for the real revolution. It was almost impossible for it to happen now. How do I know? If you agree, as I do, with Judge Napolitano that Ron Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of his generation, you have to ask yourselves, "Where is the Samuel Adams? Where is the Benjamin Franklin? The George Mason? The Thomas Paine? The Patrick Henry?" These men were of equal stature with Jefferson, or in the case of Franklin, even higher stature. The answer is, they are in college, or in diapers.

I am 55 years old. I came to my senses when I was 49. The values of liberty became the values I shared with my family. Now, all of my four grown children believe in liberty. To some degree, all of my eight grandchildren have heard the message of liberty. Even the littlest ones will say, "We like Ron Paul, don't we?" As they grow, what they have learned will grow inside them. Throw your flame darts if you want, but the Ron Paul Revolution is not for us. It is for my children and grandchildren. It is the light at the end of this tunnel of darkness.

It is our job to preserve what we have achieved and grow it. It is our job to tend to the seedlings. It is our job to hold back the darkness to the best of our ability, knowing that for now, the forces against us are great. (But thanks to Ron Paul, not quite as great as five years ago.) Arguing about the campaign and Rand Paul is not productive, and is in fact irrelevant. Rand Paul is not the answer. As much as we desperately want liberty, now is not the time. Division between us works only to the benefit of the establishment. It is our job to be resolved and diligent for liberty, to do what we can, no matter how small, and to teach our children well. Many of us may not still be here when the war is won.

We are not yet in "1776." We may have to go through very dark times. The establishment may very well lead us to total economic ruin, World War III and even totalitarianism. But because of Ron Paul, we hold the hope of being victorious when we come out on the other side.

I am not a defeatist. I sincerely hope for the best and will always work as if victory is at hand. No one wants to be proved wrong more than me. The convention will be interesting, to say the least. What happens there may hurt us, or help us. Ron Paul speaking to the nation in prime time would be great. But be prepared for that not to happen, because the darkness is still in control. At the risk of using yet another cliche, liberty is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thank you Ron Paul. I am a better person because of you. I look forward to see what you do in the next few years. You, and the message of liberty can always count on me. And my children and grandchildren as well.

We will win when we have more than a Thomas Jefferson standing alone on the stage.

Where is Samuel Adams? Where is Benjamin Franklin? George Mason? Thomas Paine? Patrick Henry? Oh, there they are. Playing Little League. Going off to college. Swinging on the swingset. That is, if we do our jobs, and teach them well.

Daveforliberty
06-10-2012, 01:12 PM
As soon as I wrote this, I realized I might be too pessimistic. I had not yet seen the Jack Hunter video about Rand Paul being right about endorsing Romney. I hope Jack Hunter is right. Maybe 2016 can be our year. Maybe the Adams, et. al are a bit older -- in their 20's, 30's or even 40's, and getting into important positions. I hope so.

Aratus
06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
not totally, i'm trying to get matt collins to agree to do a potus run in 2016! he has a neat wki page and we need to back him up there!

kahless
06-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Typical RPF debate in the first 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBuvRk1thQ

LibertyEagle
06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Hell no, it's not over.

ClydeCoulter
06-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Hell no, it's not over.

Some of you give up before you get to the finish line, keep running !

Do you know that ACTUAL delegate count, has anyone got the required 1144, absolutly?

alex_florida
06-10-2012, 01:31 PM
When I discovered Ron Paul in 2006, if you asked 100 people who he was, 99 or 100 would have said they didn't know. If you asked 100 people what they thought about the Federal Reserve, 99 would have told you that all they knew was Alan Greenspan was really smart. If you would have looked for a conservative anti-war movement you would have found none - only liberals who really only hated Bush and the Republicans. Just five years ago the 71 year-old Ron Paul was literally a voice in the wilderness. Today, everyone knows who Ron Paul is. Everyone at least knows some of what he stands for. 10-15% of people voting in Repbulican presidential forums have realized that what they were really looking for, as they voted for the lesser of two evils, was liberty.

This is phenomenal. But as much as you might hate to hear it, this is not nearly enough. Be honest. The sheeple are still the vast majority. Many of them aren't even paying attention -- they will simply come out to vote in November for whatever "R" or "D" is on the ticket. Ron Paul is smart enough to know that he would never become president. If we are honest with ourselves, most of us knew it too. I did, and told many of my rabid young friends. They didn't like it. Yet I gave money to the campaign. Yes, I hoped a miracle would occur, but at least I knew it would take a miracle. A total economic collapse might have done it, but it didn't happen. Even that wouldn't have guaranteed it, because our movement is not yet wide and deep enough.

Winning the presidency in 2008 or 2012 was not what I donated my money for. Ron Paul is a great man. Truly a great American. When he leaves us I will weep like losing a member of my family. But the message is bigger than the man. He has told you this himself many times.

Ron Paul is Johnny Appleseed. He is planting the seeds for the real revolution. It was almost impossible for it to happen now. How do I know? If you agree, as I do, with Judge Napolitano that Ron Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of his generation, you have to ask yourselves, "Where is the Samuel Adams? Where is the Benjamin Franklin? The George Mason? The Thomas Paine? The Patrick Henry?" These men were of equal stature with Jefferson, or in the case of Franklin, even higher stature. The answer is, they are in college, or in diapers.

I am 55 years old. I came to my senses when I was 49. The values of liberty became the values I shared with my family. Now, all of my four grown children believe in liberty. To some degree, all of my eight grandchildren have heard the message of liberty. Even the littlest ones will say, "We like Ron Paul, don't we?" As they grow, what they have learned will grow inside them. Throw your flame darts if you want, but the Ron Paul Revolution is not for us. It is for my children and grandchildren. It is the light at the end of this tunnel of darkness.

It is our job to preserve what we have achieved and grow it. It is our job to tend to the seedlings. It is our job to hold back the darkness to the best of our ability, knowing that for now, the forces against us are great. (But thanks to Ron Paul, not quite as great as five years ago.) Arguing about the campaign and Rand Paul is not productive, and is in fact irrelevant. Rand Paul is not the answer. As much as we desperately want liberty, now is not the time. Division between us works only to the benefit of the establishment. It is our job to be resolved and diligent for liberty, to do what we can, no matter how small, and to teach our children well. Many of us may not still be here when the war is won.

We are not yet in "1776." We may have to go through very dark times. The establishment may very well lead us to total economic ruin, World War III and even totalitarianism. But because of Ron Paul, we hold the hope of being victorious when we come out on the other side.

I am not a defeatist. I sincerely hope for the best and will always work as if victory is at hand. No one wants to be proved wrong more than me. The convention will be interesting, to say the least. What happens there may hurt us, or help us. Ron Paul speaking to the nation in prime time would be great. But be prepared for that not to happen, because the darkness is still in control. At the risk of using yet another cliche, liberty is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thank you Ron Paul. I am a better person because of you. I look forward to see what you do in the next few years. You, and the message of liberty can always count on me. And my children and grandchildren as well.

We will win when we have more than a Thomas Jefferson standing alone on the stage.

Where is Samuel Adams? Where is Benjamin Franklin? George Mason? Thomas Paine? Patrick Henry? Oh, there they are. Playing Little League. Going off to college. Swinging on the swingset. That is, if we do our jobs, and teach them well.

Well said.

Aratus
06-10-2012, 01:33 PM
if our own matt collins is being talked about as a bona fide presidential candidate in 2016 he gets to keep his wikipage!
it would be neat if it could be editted to say he is often talked about on the ronpaulforms, where he is often noticed!!!

cajuncocoa
06-10-2012, 01:34 PM

I love this post. You have walked the same path as me and we are just about the same age. I don't have grandchildren yet, but my two sons (age 23, twins) have both heard about Ron Paul and they know the message. They both tease me about how much I'm into this, but I just laugh it off knowing I'm doing it FOR THEM and their future.

MikeStanart
06-10-2012, 01:37 PM
IT'S NEVER OVER. WE WILL TAKE OVER THE GOP IN THE 2014 CONVENTIONS

Daveforliberty
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
We may need a list of high-profile men like this to really return to liberty. These are their ages on July 4, 1776:

Benajmin Franklin, 70
Samuel Adams, 53
George Mason, 50
Thomas Paine, 50
George Washington, 44
Paul Revere, 41
Patrick Henry, 40
John Adams, 40
James Madison, 25
Alexander Hamilton, 21

Daveforliberty
06-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Duh, I forgot

Thomas Jefferson, 33

Aratus
06-10-2012, 01:55 PM
last but not least!

anewvoice
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
+rep, could not have said it better!

Dark_Horse_Rider
06-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Awesome post !

Powerfull and beautifull at the same time.

Really nicely stated !

mosquitobite
06-10-2012, 02:12 PM
As soon as I wrote this, I realized I might be too pessimistic. I had not yet seen the Jack Hunter video about Rand Paul being right about endorsing Romney. I hope Jack Hunter is right. Maybe 2016 can be our year. Maybe the Adams, et. al are a bit older -- in their 20's, 30's or even 40's, and getting into important positions. I hope so.

Absolutely NOT pessimistic! You literally brought this woman to tears (doesn't happen often, I promise!) I was a delegate in 2008 and dropped off the scene and had 2 kids between 2008-2012. My 3 year old can read Ron Paul on any sign he sees. My 2 yr old who is barely talking can say "Wonn Paw" ;)

Thank you for reminding us all that Ron Paul is not God. We should not idolize him, but he has made disciples of all of us. This liberty movement depends on US, not Ron Paul.

walt
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
walt,43

thoughtomator
06-10-2012, 03:06 PM
Where is Samuel Adams?

in the fridge

cajuncocoa
06-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Where is Samuel Adams?

in the fridge

LOL :D

FindLiberty
06-10-2012, 03:15 PM

100% - UR right on the money too...

angelatc
06-10-2012, 03:15 PM
​Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?????

Meatwasp
06-10-2012, 03:21 PM
​Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?????

Japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

r3volution
06-10-2012, 03:27 PM
how can it be over ? look , matt raised $300 . after he takes his class and his ban is lifted he will swoop in and fix all this shit . just wait till he gets "advising" and he will win tampa for us just like MN .

r3volution
06-10-2012, 03:27 PM
​Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor????? lol . maybe .

phill4paul
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM

Forget it, she's rolling...

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 03:29 PM

I needed a laugh.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

twomp
06-10-2012, 03:35 PM
When I came around here, I had only "discovered" Dr. Paul for about a month. So I've learned of "liberty" for only a few months now but I've always admired the NOBP attitude. Now as we speak, there is already another thread of people saying what they are willing to "settle" for to vote for Romney. Asking for crumbs off what is in reality, the PEOPLE's table. It's sad. I believe we are close to being "co-opted" when threads like this start popping up. They survived the Goldwater generation, the Robertson generation. Sure their "branding" changed but THEY still REMAINED in control.

Jack Hunter is selling to everyone that we can BE like Goldwater, we can BE like Robertson. Well those guys managed to change rhetoric, they didn't change the Establishment. They got co-opted. So in answer to your question, is it over?

My answer is no but it is heading that way. Dr. Paul needs to run 3rd party and sever the rEVOLution from the GOP imo. Liberty isn't a message that the GOP can deliver.

AmericasLastHope
06-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Is it over?

No.

Wooden Indian
06-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Wooosh...

paulbot24
06-10-2012, 05:07 PM
I thought the Morgans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Indy Vidual
06-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Great stories take a while longer. :)

Teenager For Ron Paul
06-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Can I be James Madison, then?

Daveforliberty
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Please do. Just don't start a central bank!

Pauls' Revere
06-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Sympathy for the Devil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEgVI-IKpqk&feature=related

reasondeep
06-12-2012, 12:34 AM
That was a beautiful post. Thank you.

affa
06-12-2012, 01:48 AM

Animal House guys, Animal House.
"What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"

parocks
06-12-2012, 03:02 AM
I needed a laugh.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

focus on the ending of animal house

RickyJ
06-12-2012, 03:06 AM
It is not over by a long shot, but it is for Rand Paul.

Romer
06-12-2012, 05:09 AM
OK, It is over for Rand Paul. He made a choice.

But what about Ron? Let's consider some other prospective.

Before this event Ron has had a tough choice - struggling battle in RP (and loosing it) OR running as independent.
If He has chosen to take a chance and run as independent, it would shot politically Rand in current RP establishment for good.

So there was strong personal/family reason for Ron not to run as an Independent.
But now this is not the case any more. Since Rand has backed up establishment candidate, He cannot be that hurt anymore in his political career whatever decision will be made by his father, Ron Paul.

I think there is much less pressure on Ron to take independent course right now. Actually, the opportunity, from this prospective, was never better for that decision.

So, I'll ignore all other potential explanations for this event (Romney's endorsement), which have been covered in media.
Let's assume that Rand Paul have just decided to choose more opportunistic path of his career and at the same time make the things easier to his father. (keeping in mind that he did not agree always and with everything his father said).

In other words, Rand's future in RP would be not heavily compromised by whatever Ron decides, and Ron's got open space to run as independent without leverage of threatening his own son prospect in RP.

Travlyr
06-12-2012, 05:25 AM

Well Said!

fearthereaperx
06-12-2012, 05:30 AM
It is not over by a long shot, but it is for Rand Paul.

My way or the highway, right?