PDA

View Full Version : AK-Cops shoot and kill man for waving a stick at them.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Comply or die.

Circular Force Continuum.

Policy was followed.

Cop got his combat quals.

Anchorage Police Shoot, Kill Man in Mountain View Confrontation

http://www.ktuu.com/news/anchorage-police-shoot-kill-man-in-mountain-view-confrontation-060912,0,7332965.story

By Chris Klint Channel 2 News

1:21 a.m. AKDT, June 10, 2012
ANCHORAGE, Alaska—

Anchorage police shot and killed a man brandishing a stick during a confrontation in Mountain View Saturday evening, after he approached officers and repeatedly failed to follow their commands.

APD spokesperson Lt. Dave Parker says officers responded shortly before 9:30 p.m. to reports of a disturbance on the 700 block of North Bunn Street, where callers said a man with a stick had yelled at passing cars and attacked a neighbor’s dog.

Officers encountered the man -- 26-year-old Shane Tasi -- in the yard of an apartment complex and ordered him to drop the stick, but he continued to aggressively approach them.

Parker said the confrontation between Tasi and the officers occurred at relatively short range.

“He was very close, and it was a very small yard,” Parker said.

One officer shot Tasi with his service pistol. Tasi was taken to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead after efforts to save his life were unsuccessful.

The incident is under investigation by APD homicide detectives and crime-scene investigators. In accordance with APD policy, the name of the officer who fired on Tasi will not be released for three days.

pcosmar
06-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Lesson.
Get something better than a stick.

CCTelander
06-10-2012, 11:59 AM
How were the cops to know the stick wasn't loaded?

CCTelander
06-10-2012, 12:01 PM
And, once again ...

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

The cops ARE NOT your friends. EVER.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.

Intoxiklown
06-10-2012, 12:10 PM
These police are playing with fire. Sooner or later, even the weakest nerdiest kid snaps and starts wailing on his bully.

oyarde
06-10-2012, 12:16 PM
A stick ?

green73
06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
A stick ?

More like contempt of cop.

Vessol
06-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Who knows what he could've done with that stick! He could have gone on a stick rampage, sticking everyone in a 10 mile radius. Obviously we need to ban sticks to keep them out of the hands of criminal stick thugs.

AGRP
06-10-2012, 01:18 PM
Oregon man gets 19 months for killing intruder. Prosecutors said Oregon law does not allow people to use deadly force, even in their own homes, unless the intruder is committing a felony, and Smith was trespassing, which isn't a felony.

Read more: http://tdn.com/news/oregon-man-gets-months-for-killing-intruder/article_26ff4d7c-83bb-591e-89d7-63d275626e0a.html#ixzz1xQ55WCYp

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Comply or die.

If reports are accurate, you still die if you comply in some cases. Especially those who are retarded or otherwise handicapped. :(

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
If reports are accurate, you still die if you comply in some cases. Especially those who are retarded or otherwise handicapped. :(

Or in a diabetic coma.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-10-2012, 04:03 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/funny-gifs-keep-your-finger-off-the-trigger.gif

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 04:06 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/funny-gifs-keep-your-finger-off-the-trigger.gif

What the fuck did I just see here?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-10-2012, 04:08 PM

A police officer accidentally shoot his gun near someone's head. Thankfully, he didn't hit him.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 04:09 PM
A police officer accidentally shoot his gun near someone's head. Thankfully, he didn't hit him.

Jesus.

I thought I just saw another Oscar Grant style execution.

Voluntary Man
06-10-2012, 04:18 PM
probably said "this is a stick up." cops have no sense of humor.

heck, considering the record of our over-esteemed, costumed brooch-shiners, i wouldn't be surprised if the poor guy was offering them a roasted marshmallow.

FindLiberty
06-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Perp made eye contact...

"Don't gimme that look!" [bang]

tod evans
06-10-2012, 04:30 PM
This is getting way out of hand!

Has been for years.

Lucille
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM

A clip from Reno 911!?

fisharmor
06-10-2012, 05:09 PM

I actually saw this in 2005 in a handgun training course, as evidence of why you always keep your finger off the trigger until you intend to fire.
Of course, I took an altogether different lesson away.... "Cops are fucking idiots".
When departments started taking up Glocks in droves, they weren't used to the 5lb trigger pull - service revolvers were closer to 12 lbs usually.
Plus, a Glock is basically a single-action pistol despite what the specs say. Gaston Glock figured out how to make a double-action trigger where the extra amount of pressure you're adding to the firing pin with the trigger is the absolute minimum - if you have a "cocked" Glock's firing pin fall on the primer without that extra trigger pull, the primer won't fire - barely. So it acts like a single-action but it's technically double action.

Stick that in the hands of a bunch of 'roided up meatheads with God complexes with no additional training who were previously used to a 12lb trigger pull, and you get a bunch of negligent discharges, as in the animated GIF here.

There is more than one reason I keep saying in these threads that cops have never been what the public thinks they are. The GIF here predates the militarization of police.

phill4paul
06-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I actually saw this in 2005 in a handgun training course, as evidence of why you always keep your finger off the trigger until you intend to fire.
Of course, I took an altogether different lesson away.... "Cops are fucking idiots".
When departments started taking up Glocks in droves, they weren't used to the 5lb trigger pull - service revolvers were closer to 12 lbs usually.
Plus, a Glock is basically a single-action pistol despite what the specs say. Gaston Glock figured out how to make a double-action trigger where the extra amount of pressure you're adding to the firing pin with the trigger is the absolute minimum - if you have a "cocked" Glock's firing pin fall on the primer without that extra trigger pull, the primer won't fire - barely. So it acts like a single-action but it's technically double action.

Stick that in the hands of a bunch of 'roided up meatheads with God complexes with no additional training who were previously used to a 12lb trigger pull, and you get a bunch of negligent discharges, as in the animated GIF here.

There is more than one reason I keep saying in these threads that cops have never been what the public thinks they are. The GIF here predates the militarization of police.

Spent the entire day yesterday celebrating a friends 50th birthday shooting. There were about 20 people there, male and female, aged 14-65. Rifles and handguns of all caliber. Everyone shot and not a single mishap. How the hell these idiots do not lose their jobs I'll never understand.

alucard13mmfmj
06-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Maybe it was a sharpened stick?

paulbot24
06-10-2012, 06:12 PM
It could have "looked" like a sharpened stick.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks for that info.

I never cared for Glock's, partly for that reason

Or maybe cops should have tattooed on their eyelids: "I WILL KEEP MY BOOGER HOOKS OFF THE BANG SWITCH UNTIL READY TO FIRE!!".

Or maybe just disarm them entirely.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 06:44 PM
"I'm the only one professional enough in this room, that I know of, to handle this g..BANG!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkDcKokWjBk

Voluntary Man
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for that info.

I never cared for Glock's, partly for that reason

Or maybe cops should have tattooed on their eyelids: "I WILL KEEP MY BOOGER HOOKS OFF THE BANG SWITCH UNTIL READY TO FIRE!!".

Or maybe just disarm them entirely.

yes. a disarmed cop is a polite cop.

CCTelander
06-10-2012, 08:07 PM
Disband them all.

Thr only good cop is an UNEMPLOYED cop.

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Spent the entire day yesterday celebrating a friends 50th birthday shooting. There were about 20 people there, male and female, aged 14-65. Rifles and handguns of all caliber. Everyone shot and not a single mishap. How the hell these idiots do not lose their jobs I'll never understand.
Government "employees" (parasites). 'nuff said.

Kylie
06-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Bunch of haters.

Reported. ;)

oyarde
06-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I have never owned a Glock , never will , do not like them , have shot them ,buddy of mine loves his . I would not be suprised if people have more accidents with them than anything . Part I do not understand about that first video , was why was that guy bringing out the handgun in the first place ??

oyarde
06-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Bunch of haters.

Reported. ;) As a Great American Patriot , I usually self report .

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Bunch of haters.

Reported. ;)
What do I get after 100 reports? I'm pretty close. :D

heavenlyboy34
06-10-2012, 10:29 PM
"I'm the only one professional enough in this room, that I know of, to handle this g..BANG!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkDcKokWjBk

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again. :( Damn, that was lol-zy, pathetic, and maddening at the same time. Epic.

Mach
06-10-2012, 10:35 PM
Before you know it your hands alone will be seen as deadly weapons.... and they will shoot you.

It's a "classic" alright...... after that happened I would have never been seen within at least a mile of her as long as she was allowed to carry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDfNV9bJoSg

Mani
06-11-2012, 12:03 AM
So police have 3 weapons they often carry that are discussed quite a bit. Pepper Spray, Tazers, and firearms.

How do they decide which use of force is required at a particular time? Does anybody have the chart so we know the guidelines?

For example is it:

1) Pepper Spray is used for the following situations:

-Already have apprehended someone and feel like torturing them. Tying them up to a chair and pepper spraying. Or when pissing on their head becomes boring, add pepper spray to change the mood.
-Peaceful protestors. Non-violent peaceful protestors when they won't leave the sidewalk and they are sitting peacefully.
-Standing Protestors. Protestors that are peacefully standing around in a public area but not listening to me.
-High School kids doing a dance. When a bunch of kids are doing a war dance honoring their football team but around an entrance, they need to stop dancing and GTFO of the way.
Peaceful Protestors, HS kids, and fun torture techniques, use Pepper spray.

2) Tazer is best used for the following situations:
-When a lady is busy talking on the phone and ignoring your ass...Time to tazer her and teach her a lesson.
-When a guy is in the middle of a diabetic shock he needs to get tazered for having a medical condition.
-When a guy asks stupid questions to a US Senator while on College campus he needs to get tazered.
-Generally when someone is not listening to you, tazer them.

3) Firearms are appropriate in the following situations:
-When someone has something in their hands that could be used as a weapon such as a shopping bag with a beer can, or a stick.
-When someone looks threatening.
-When someone approaches you with a mean look.
-When a dog barks.
-When you are alone with a retarded kid.
-When the church lady tries to drive away and your not done talking to her.
-Generally if someone poses greater than 1% change of being a threat. Kill him, her, it, whatever. And if someone is ignoring you or not listening to you, and you can't taser them, shoot em.

Am I pretty close?

Carson
06-11-2012, 12:07 AM
hp://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/funny-gifs-keep-your-finger-off-the-trigger.gif

I'm pretty sure that was an accident.

puppetmaster
06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Probably going to make a hit on Alaska state troopers.

JK/SEA
06-11-2012, 01:22 AM
A stick huh...mmmkay...was it circumcised?..

phill4paul
06-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Am I pretty close?

Did you find the course handbook in a trash can some where? :D

fisharmor
06-11-2012, 06:43 AM
Did you find the course handbook in a trash can some where? :D

Such would imply that there are both courses and handbooks.

asurfaholic
06-11-2012, 08:00 AM
So police have 3 weapons they often carry that are discussed quite a bit. Pepper Spray, Tazers, and firearms.

How do they decide which use of force is required at a particular time? Does anybody have the chart so we know the guidelines?

For example is it:

1) Pepper Spray is used for the following situations:

-Already have apprehended someone and feel like torturing them. Tying them up to a chair and pepper spraying. Or when pissing on their head becomes boring, add pepper spray to change the mood.
-Peaceful protestors. Non-violent peaceful protestors when they won't leave the sidewalk and they are sitting peacefully.
-Standing Protestors. Protestors that are peacefully standing around in a public area but not listening to me.
-High School kids doing a dance. When a bunch of kids are doing a war dance honoring their football team but around an entrance, they need to stop dancing and GTFO of the way.
Peaceful Protestors, HS kids, and fun torture techniques, use Pepper spray.

2) Tazer is best used for the following situations:
-When a lady is busy talking on the phone and ignoring your ass...Time to tazer her and teach her a lesson.
-When a guy is in the middle of a diabetic shock he needs to get tazered for having a medical condition.
-When a guy asks stupid questions to a US Senator while on College campus he needs to get tazered.
-Generally when someone is not listening to you, tazer them.

3) Firearms are appropriate in the following situations:
-When someone has something in their hands that could be used as a weapon such as a shopping bag with a beer can, or a stick.
-When someone looks threatening.
-When someone approaches you with a mean look.
-When a dog barks.
-When you are alone with a retarded kid.
-When the church lady tries to drive away and your not done talking to her.
-Generally if someone poses greater than 1% change of being a threat. Kill him, her, it, whatever. And if someone is ignoring you or not listening to you, and you can't taser them, shoot em.

Am I pretty close?

You wasted your time.... they just shoot, then make up the story later.

Actually, there is some procedure, as AF mentioned in the OP, and it basically allows the Officer to raise the level of force in order to neutralize the threat, so if the officer is arresting someone, and they resist with their hands (punching scratching, ect) then they can up the level of force to a baton or taser. That goes all the way up to use of deadly force, IF THE OFFICER's or SOMEONE ELSE's LIFE is in danger.

One problem is, not every officer carries a taser. The next problem is, the definition of "resisting" is very much defined by the officer(s) making the arrest. Lastly, we have a system that doesn't really hold any officer or department accountable when someone with a stick or a water hose nozzle gets shot. Or a homeless man gets beat to death, or a man gets gagged and pepper sprayed to death. There is no accountability.

Yieu
06-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Such would imply that there are both courses and handbooks.

Those "policies and procedures" we always hear about being followed have to be stored somewhere. ;)