Just google Newsmax.com

Meatwasp
06-10-2012, 10:42 AM
No Video. Shame I don't know how.
Just google Newsmax.com

Thank you dear Roxie

tsai3904
06-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Those are the exact same words he used in the CNN interview. Nothing new...

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 10:44 AM
On the upcoming Supreme Court decision on the constitutionality of Obamacare, Paul said he’s been “exhorting my colleagues to say we need to be ready because I think there’s a good chance it’s struck down.”

“When Obamacare’s struck down, the next time we go to tackle these problems we need to talk about how capitalism could fix these problems, how freedom, how competition, how price competition, would work to keep health costs down, instead of just saying ‘Let’s do Obamacare light,’ he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Rand-Paul-backs-Romney/2012/06/09/id/441769

He opposes the law that was created by the man that he now endorses for president.

Mind = Blown

Meatwasp
06-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Those are the exact same words he used in the CNN interview. Nothing new...

I don't have a TV. Sorry

tsai3904
06-10-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't have a TV. Sorry

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379902-Video-Rand-Paul-on-CNN-s-Newsroom-with-Don-Lemon-06-08-12

tsai3904
06-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't have a TV. Sorry

Actually, those are the same words he used in his endorsement interview on Hannity.

He said Ron was and is his first choice and goes on to talk about the Fed, REINS Act, SOPA, and ObamaCare. It seems like he's just going to be repeating those same arguments to everyone.

donnay
06-10-2012, 11:25 AM
What's laughable is Rand really believes Mitt Romney is going to shoot for a truly free market?

"Insanity: Is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Again, I would have had more respect for the Rand if he stuck to his guns and supported his father without equivocation--period.

I guess Rand forgot this speech! "Rudy McRomney." "What did Romney say, He wouldn't consult congress, he wouldn't consult the Constitution he would have his lawyers figure it out for him."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZYs4cNVKqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ft0bv9XYg&feature=relmfu

Voluntary Man
06-10-2012, 11:37 AM
i may have developed a blind spot on this, but, of all the enumerated areas of agreement, i don't recall reading anything about Mitt's enthusiasm for the repeal of Obamney-care.

it would be funny, now that Rand has endorsed Mitt, if Rand made a freudian slip, and referred to Obama's socialized medicine program as "Romney-care."

kahless
06-10-2012, 12:07 PM
i may have developed a blind spot on this, but, of all the enumerated areas of agreement, i don't recall reading anything about Mitt's enthusiasm for the repeal of Obamney-care.

it would be funny, now that Rand has endorsed Mitt, if Rand made a freudian slip, and referred to Obama's socialized medicine program as "Romney-care."

I thought that to but he has the repeal up on his website and wrote this for USA Today back in March.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/story/2012-03-22/mitt-romney-health-reform-repeal-obamacare/53711598/1

Okay, so it is out the federal governments hands which is a good thing. This does not erase the fact that he does not have a problem with it at the state level and emails show he directly pushed for the individual mandate. That fact alone is quite disturbing that he feels that government at any level should have that kind of power.

With that said I think he will repeal it since he cannot get re-elected in 2016 without repealing it.

osan
06-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Judge for yourselves

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Rand-Paul-backs-Romney/2012/06/09/id/441769

“I really don’t want to see a second [Obama] term. I’m worried about what happens to our economy and our country if we get a second term of President Obama.”

Yet another indication of Rand's questionable character. He is valuing the win over principle and THAT is a very serious problem.

Chester Copperpot
06-10-2012, 02:42 PM
He opposes the law that was created by the man that he now endorses for president.

Mind = Blown
I get you AF but in a way we know all these candy asses politicians like Mitt dont believe in any true principles.. They only believe what they think the voting public wants..

Maybe this is our way of showing them.

KingNothing
06-10-2012, 05:32 PM

Mind = Blown

Why do the words he said to placate the establishment matter to you?

Brett85
06-10-2012, 05:35 PM

Mind = Blown

Right, because you have to agree with someone on every single issue in order to support them. Quite the logic.

kcchiefs6465
06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
What did Romney say, He wouldn't consult congress, he wouldn't consult the Constitution he would have his lawyers figure it out for him.

I forgot all about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gmatoBjWW0

Rand Paul's endorsement of Romney really upset me.

kcchiefs6465
06-10-2012, 08:05 PM

Mind = Blown
You are not the only one. I am more disappointed in Rand than mad at him. He might as well endorse Obama while he's at it. Endorsing the man who said wholeheartedly that he would have signed NDAA into law without any provisions? SMDH.

trey4sports
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Yet another indication of Rand's questionable character. He is valuing the win over principle and THAT is a very serious problem.

i think he just said that to appease the base. I don't believe he actually wants Romney to win. What's best for him is Mitt losing in '12 and helping him fundraise in '16.

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Right, because you have to agree with someone on every single issue in order to support them. Quite the logic.

Horseshit.

Endorsing is like marrying a divorced woman with children.

Even the most idiot of her children come with the package, it's all or nothing.

Brett85
06-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Horseshit.

Well shoot, I guess anarchist Murray Rothbard was actually a big government statist after all.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/06/10/when-murray-rothbard-endorsed-george-bush/

RonPaulMall
06-10-2012, 08:48 PM

But that assumes what he is saying is true, which would be an absurd assumption. My guess is that Rand wants to become President. Best way for him to become President is for Romney to lose, we have four more years of economic stagnation and constant warfare under the already unpopular Obama, and then for Rand to run in 2016. Have you ever heard a backup Quarterback who has been thrust in the lineup due to an injury say, "you know, I really hope the starter is still too hurt to play next week". Of course not. They always say, "all of us want _____ to get back as soon as possible" or some crap. Do you believe that too?

Horseshit.

Endorsing is like telling the girl you picked up at the bar that she's gorgeous. A meaningless gesture benefiting only the person making it.

Brett85
06-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Endorsing is like telling the girl you picked up at the bar that she's gorgeous. A meaningless gesture benefiting only the person making it.

Perfect analogy.

Feeding the Abscess
06-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Well shoot, I guess anarchist Murray Rothbard was actually a big government statist after all.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/06/10/when-murray-rothbard-endorsed-george-bush/

That was during Rothbard's redneck outreach strategy, and using one person's mistakes to justify someone else's mistakes is lame.

Feeding the Abscess
06-10-2012, 10:04 PM

Except for the girl who brought you to the bar.

CCTelander
06-10-2012, 10:14 PM
That was during Rothbard's redneck outreach strategy, and using one person's mistakes to justify someone else's mistakes is lame.

Good catch.

It was a pretty pathetic comparison all around.

ProIndividual
06-10-2012, 11:15 PM

You're going to vote for Romney, aren't you?

To us, the Constitution is pretty serious issue. Maybe we don't have agree on abortion, or privatizing roads...but we pretty much draw the f'ing line at the Constitution. You don't?

Well, what does that say about you?

I mean, I'm an anarchist...so I'm already giving you some leeway on the whole Constitution thing as it is. I'll not be moving any further.

But we're (those critical of Rand) the illogical ones, right? For sticking to principles and not being willing to fall for incrimentalism yet again, we're illogical?

The lack of logic is not in our position...it's in yours.

BlackTerrel
06-13-2012, 10:36 PM
You're going to vote for Romney, aren't you?

To us, the Constitution is pretty serious issue. Maybe we don't have agree on abortion, or privatizing roads...but we pretty much draw the f'ing line at the Constitution. You don't?

Well, what does that say about you?

I mean, I'm an anarchist...so I'm already giving you some leeway on the whole Constitution thing as it is. I'll not be moving any further.

But we're (those critical of Rand) the illogical ones, right? For sticking to principles and not being willing to fall for incrimentalism yet again, we're illogical?

The lack of logic is not in our position...it's in yours.

There's a difference between criticizing Rand and outright abandoning someone with a track record such as his. I haven't posted here in a while and I'm too tired to get into it but a lot of the latter pisses me off to no end.

I don't like what Rand did. I wish he didn't.

But I'm going to keep on supporting him and I'm going to keep on supporting Ron and I'm going to focus on the 99% I agree with him on rather than whine and bitch about the 1% I disagree with him on.

Not meant for you directly but I've been wanting to get this out all week. The reaction of some Ron Paul supporters is very disappointing. Let's stop fighting over what we can't control and get back on it.

Aratus
06-13-2012, 10:59 PM
i may sit the election out
i know i have been telling
people to vote, vote, vote