PDA

View Full Version : Transcript: Ron Paul On Iraq, Social Security And More

American
11-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Really good phone interview with RP, this covers allot of ground if you had any questions.

Q: Well, first I want to say, welcome, Congressman Ron Paul, to "National Journal On Air." It is absolutely great to have you with us today, and your views really do stand out from all the other candidates, so I really want to spend our short time together asking you about your views. First of all, let me ask you about your view of foreign policy. You are very well-known for wanting to pull United States troops out of Iraq, but what about other countries where United States troops are stationed?

Paul: I follow a policy called nonintervention, which was the policy of the Founding Fathers, and really what's in our Constitution. We don't have authority to be the policemen of the world and get involved in other places, and the strong advice was stay out of the internal affairs of others and stay out of entangling alliances. So I don't want to be involved any place. I would bring troops home. And besides, we're going broke. We can't afford them. So not only would I disengage in the Middle East, it would be Europe, Japan, as well as Korea.

continued.....

http://nationaljournal.com/onair/transcripts/071116_paul_ron.htm#

Mark
11-16-2007, 02:49 PM
great link.. thanks..