PDA

View Full Version : Big Winner in Endorsement, Libertarian Party and Gary Johnson.....

BamaFanNKy
06-09-2012, 04:58 PM
at least they are marketing it. Knowing many will forsake the GOP and run into the arms of Gary Johnson.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/18746579/libertarian-party-says-rand-paul-betrayed-father-with-romney-endorsement

Seems Libertarians read this board and Daily Paul and tailored their message perfectly.

Sola_Fide
06-09-2012, 05:01 PM
The LP is an embarrassment.

ronpaulfollower999
06-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Gary Johnson = opportunist.

BamaFanNKy
06-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Gary Johnson = opportunist.

Anyone making a video or giving interviews ala Gary Johnson, Lew Rockwell, Adam Kokesh and Alex Jones fit this. They will milk this for all it's worth.

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 05:07 PM
In its statement, the Libertarian Party said "no true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney."

^^^This^^^
Anyone want to debate those words?
Bring it on now...

BamaFanNKy
06-09-2012, 05:09 PM
In its statement, the Libertarian Party said "no true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney."

^^^This^^^
Bring it on now...

Come on dude. They are acting as if supporting the eventual nominee is some Benedict Arnold moment.

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Come on dude. They are acting as if supporting the eventual nominee is some Benedict Arnold moment.

I'm referring to the quoted text actually from the LP, not the MSM "betrayed" headline.

Sola_Fide
06-09-2012, 05:11 PM

^^^This^^^
Bring it on now...

No true lover of freedom would debate those words. That is why none of us are voting for Mitt Romney.

But no true lover of freedom would (imo) support Gary Johnson either.

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 05:14 PM
No true lover of freedom would debate those words....

I know that. :p

Least of 3 evils / He's actually on the ballot / Beats giving up?

libertarian4321
06-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Least of 3 evils / He's actually on the ballot / Beats giving up?

Yup. There is one decent candidate, Libertarian Gary Johnson (not perfect, but still good), on the ballot and two awful candidates on the ballot (Romney and Obama).

So it seems logical to vote for Gary Johnson, and that is what I will be doing.

JohnAshman
06-14-2012, 02:01 PM

Why in the world NOT? I'm a true lover of freedom and find Gary to be preferable to Ron. For one thing, I don't like Ron Paul's border stance, or his desire to ban flag burning. And while I am pro-life, I find that his position is in contrast to Rothbard and libertarian principles. I have no litmus test in this area, but I do find it somewhat less free to have government telling a woman what she can't do. I certainly feel that building a border fence is big government at its worst.

Sola_Fide
06-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Why in the world NOT? I'm a true lover of freedom and find Gary to be preferable to Ron. For one thing, I don't like Ron Paul's border stance, or his desire to ban flag burning.

Eh. I don't know if those issues are enough to sway me to either side truthfully.

And while I am pro-life, I find that his position is in contrast to Rothbard and libertarian principles. I have no litmus test in this area, but I do find it somewhat less free to have government telling a woman what she can't do.

Rothbard and Ayn Rand were wrong and woefully inconsistent libertarians on this issue. Ron has refuted them and he is right on this issue. The consistent libertarian view is pro-life.

JohnAshman
06-14-2012, 02:18 PM
Huh, double post.

JohnAshman
06-14-2012, 02:27 PM
Rothbard and Ayn Rand were wrong and woefully inconsistent libertarians on this issue. Ron has refuted them and he is right on this issue. The consistent libertarian view is pro-life.

Depends on your definition of what constitutes a human being. Is it genetic material or self-awareness.

In an IDEAL world, there would be no abortion. The PROBLEM is that our society would go into civil war if we outlawed it. i would certainly appoint judges that are smart enough to realize that RvW was just made up claptrap and this should be decided state for state.

Personally, I find the attempt to ban flag burning offensive and unAmerican. It is a direct attach on free speech AND property rights. If the government can fine or jail you for damage YOUR property, what can't it do?

I believe that Gary Johnson is a better libertarian than Ron Paul. And he comes off far more rational, pragmatic and throughtful, which makes him more marketable as well. What's the point of being "the perfect libertarian" if no one will vote for you? Ron Paul got .4% of the vote in 1988. He would do better now, but how much better? I think Gary Johnson has the ability to pull more votes than Ron Paul, because he would attract Ron Paul supporters AND normal independents, true conservatives and the civil libertarian left.

Agorism
06-14-2012, 03:20 PM
Why is he an embarrassment? Did Gary johnson endorse Mitt Romney or something?