PDA

View Full Version : Should RON endorse Romney after RNC?

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 02:06 PM
so if the whole delegate thing doesn't work out....then what? I've been reading many will still support Rand, but will you still support Ron if he endorsed Romney and the establishment after him saying over and over he would never see himself doing that?

Aratus
06-09-2012, 02:30 PM
or even before it

jj-
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
he should trash him before and after the convention.

The Gold Standard
06-09-2012, 02:37 PM

And during it too.

jj-
06-09-2012, 02:39 PM
And during it too.

oh, shame on me!

QueenB4Liberty
06-09-2012, 02:54 PM

Oh, yeah that'll get him far. :rolleyes:

jj-
06-09-2012, 03:02 PM

he already got extremely far. he started a movement, which is not just a political movement, that is a now a huge rolling snowball and can't be stopped. being firm in his principles will only make it move faster.

Simon
06-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Ron isn't likely to endorse anyone. He has no reason to, and endorsing someone who isn't philosophically aligned with him would destroy the movement.

Origanalist
06-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Ron isn't likely to endorse anyone. He has no reason to, and endorsing someone who isn't philosophically aligned with him would destroy the movement.

I think it's a little late for that, regardless of the current infighting.

Simon
06-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Allow me to rephrase that for your benefit, then: "...would FURTHER destroy the movement".

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 05:40 PM
could I sworn I wrote, will Ron Paul endorse Romney after RNC...whoops... well, i don't think he should, nor, will he...

nobody's_hero
06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Before he leaves the convention, he should tell the troops that they may just have to order themselves home and that they can go hide at his house in Texas, Carol will cook for everybody. That's the only way they're coming home, if they just get on the fucking planes and ships and come home. No one would have the guts to stop them if they all did it together.

Im' afraid we're going into November with NO FUCKING ANTI-WAR CANDIDATE this time. We didn't have one last time, though. Well, at least Obama tried to pander for the anti-war vote. Now it's just accepted that this fucking war will never end, and no one is even bothering to take up the issue.

He shouldn't endorse Romney. He should endorse/salute the troops who will die in Iran thanks to Romney (or Obama, there's no difference).

Southron
06-09-2012, 05:49 PM
He really doesn't have any reason to endorse Romney. He is retiring after all. If Romney comes to him offering some agenda or legislation for an endorsement, then I think it should be considered, but otherwise don't endorse just for the sake of it.

JK/SEA
06-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Ron should endorse Obama. Monday, on Hannity.

pcosmar
06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
could I sworn I wrote, will Ron Paul endorse Romney after RNC...whoops... well, i don't think he should, nor, will he...

I wonder who the 2 were that said yes.

There have always been folks here that just don't get it.

AGRP
06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Ron Paul can endorse Vermin Supreme for all I care. When will you realize Ron Paul set the country afire with people who now know what's going on? It's only a matter of time before the grassroots bare fruits.

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Ron should endorse Obama. Monday, on Hannity.

that hannity thing really got to me...I despize his face, and condescending smirk...i loathe him more than O'Reilly, if thats possible.. watch his face before Rand spoke..when I watched the video again, I let out so many F bombs someone had to have heard me...

damiengwa
06-09-2012, 06:05 PM

Maybe it will. Why do we have to show respect to people who deserve none. The country is run by thieves and murderers. Why not be honest about how we feel about them?

cajuncocoa
06-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Had to vote "no" on account that there was no option for OH HELL NO!!

cajuncocoa
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Ron should endorse Obama. Monday, on Hannity.No.

cajuncocoa
06-09-2012, 06:07 PM
I wonder who the 2 were that said yes.

There have always been folks here that just don't get it.now 4

RickyJ
06-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Ron is just a man, he can do as he pleases. His whole life has basically been on the side of liberty. If he changed now closer to the end if his life then that would be out of character for him. It would suggest that he is not himself and not thinking clearly.

DamianTV
06-09-2012, 07:25 PM
so if the whole delegate thing doesn't work out....then what? I've been reading many will still support Rand, but will you still support Ron if he endorsed Romney and the establishment after him saying over and over he would never see himself doing that?

Are you sure you are not in fact a Romney Shill trying once again to convince the Real Ron Paul supporters here to switch over and just give up on Ron Paul? Aint gonna happen!

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Are you sure you are not in fact a Romney Shill trying once again to convince the Real Ron Paul supporters here to switch over and just give up on Ron Paul? Aint gonna happen!

when did I say or imply switchIng? ...but I'm pretty sure I'd give up on Ron if he were to cave in, which will not happen! It just won't happen. It can't. I'd vote for GJ even though it meant giving Obama another 4 yrs.... Now way now how will I ever support Romney, even if RP does, even though, he WON'T! ..

Xhin
06-10-2012, 12:07 AM
Voting for Romney IS giving Obama another 4 years, or more accurately, bringing George Bush up to his fourth term.

DamianTV
06-10-2012, 02:05 AM
No one but Paul! And Paul will absolutely NOT endorse Romney!

Dogsoldier
06-10-2012, 02:31 AM
He didn't endorse Bush,Mcain,Obama and he will not endorse Romney.

BIG BUTT HERE!

If Rand is the VP... as a father I think he would endorse Romney/Rand.Who could blame him though...

Dogsoldier
06-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Who the hell are the 6 and the 2 that think otherwise?LOL

Chainspell
06-10-2012, 03:34 AM
-neg rep for even bringing it up

Fort Lauderdale
06-10-2012, 03:57 AM
Vice President Rand Paul or Ron Paul will make Mitt Romney end the fed, close all U.S. military bases around the world, bring all the troops home, close the Departments of Energy, Commerce, Interior, Education, and Housing and Urban Development, which would cut $2 trillion in spending. Paul to Romney: You do what I tell you to do! ...And when all U.S. military bases around the world have been permanently closed, and all the U.S. troops have been brought back home, there will be a parade on the streets New York City for the troops. Leading up to the parade, all networks will show a video montage of U.S. troops in action and then troops boarding planes and ships heading home to the U.S., with Mama, I'm Coming Home by Ozzy Osbourne playing in the background. The U.S. troops will then be sent to patrol our air and sea ports and our borders with Canada and Mexico. That is how terrorism will be defeated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvNXF7aGP2s

papitosabe
06-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Vice President Rand Paul or Ron Paul will make Mitt Romney end the fed, close all U.S. military bases around the world, bring all the troops home, close the Departments of Energy, Commerce, Interior, Education, and Housing and Urban Development, which would cut $2 trillion in spending. Paul to Romney: You do what I tell you to do! ...And when all U.S. military bases around the world have been permanently closed, and all the U.S. troops have been brought back home, there will be a parade on the streets New York City for the troops. Leading up to the parade, all networks will show a video montage of U.S. troops in action and then troops boarding planes and ships heading home to the U.S., with Mama, I'm Coming Home by Ozzy Osbourne playing in the background. The U.S. troops will then be sent to patrol our air and sea ports and our borders with Canada and Mexico. That is how terrorism will be defeated!

candyland

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 05:52 AM
I'll repeat what I've said in numerous other threads already:

I'm past the point of venting my spleen over Rand's actions.

I've said my piece.

He can do whatever he wants, I don't care at this point.

I want a firm commitment, in the next few days, that Ron will not, at any point in this election cycle, endorse Romney for president.

Starting with the Benton email weeks ago, and possibly even before that, with the "cozy" attitude with Romney at some of the debates, this whole thing has started to take on a nasty stink of "deal".

I'm withholding delegate support and a couple of other minor items I had on the back burner, until I get that commitment.

This is not an unreasonable request, given the events of the last few days.

I've emailed the campaign saying essentially the same thing, for what it's worth, maybe somebody will read it or one of these posts.

No crumbs from the table of Long Shanks is worth selling out for.

If an endorsement is forthcoming, or if there can be no firm commitment to not endorsing, then chalk me up as having been one of the biggest suckers on the face of the earth.

I've already admitted my disgust at my own self for fooling myself into thinking that this mess could be solved through a corrupted "political" process and a "cult of personality".

kahless
06-10-2012, 06:46 AM

Quit spamming. I thought I was reading the same thread over and over. I only checked the first page of your profile and it shows you posted this 17 times already.

satchelmcqueen
06-10-2012, 07:46 AM
ron should NOT endorse romney ever. if he does, ill just dont know what is real anymore. i will never vote for romney. ive thought about it for the sake of the movement if thats the plan, but i just canot pull the trigger for a romney vote at all.

MelissaCato
06-10-2012, 07:49 AM
NOOOOO Mittens should endorse Ron Paul after Tampa and make this right for Rand and Mittens. WTF !! Talk about uniting the Republican Party !!

qh4dotcom
06-10-2012, 08:23 AM

He endorsed 4 third party candidates prior to the 2008 general election

qh4dotcom
06-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I won't be happy if Ron endorses Romney but this needs to be said...if that happens it won't be the 1st time RP has made a deal with the devil....he made a deal with and endorsed the author of SOPA Lamar Smith in 2010 who also voted for wars, bailouts, NDAA, Patriot Act etc....where was the outrage back then?

http://www.dailypaul.com/121785/ron-paul-promises-to-support-texas-incumbents

Anti Federalist
06-10-2012, 10:21 AM
I won't be happy if Ron endorses Romney but this needs to be said...if that happens it won't be the 1st time RP has made a deal with the devil....he made a deal with and endorsed the author of SOPA Lamar Smith in 2010 who also voted for wars, bailouts, NDAA, Patriot Act etc....where was the outrage back then?

http://www.dailypaul.com/121785/ron-paul-promises-to-support-texas-incumbents

IIRC correctly, I was pretty pissed about that as well.

But that was an inter-Texas congressional battle as well.

Not for POTUS.

Regardless, an endorsement of Romney by Ron would be a "deal breaker".

I'd be out, for good.

Pauls' Revere
06-10-2012, 10:46 AM

before, during and after...

RonPaulMall
06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
He endorsed 4 third party candidates prior to the 2008 general election

He had a press conference to draw attention to third party candidates. He didn't endorse any of them then. Bob Barr threw a hissy fit about that, since he thought he deserved Ron's endorsement. Ron then endorsed Chuck Baldwin of the Constitution Party.

Brett85
06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
No, there wouldn't be any point to Ron endorsing Romney, since Ron will be retiring from Congress anyway.

sailingaway
06-10-2012, 09:15 PM
No, there wouldn't be any point to Ron endorsing Romney, since Ron will be retiring from Congress anyway.

But still leads a movement.

And he won't endorse Romney.