PDA

View Full Version : RT's Abby Martin - diehard RP supporter?

febo
06-09-2012, 01:47 PM
She certainly sounds like one in these three interviews.
She utterly slays Jack Hunter.
Lew Rockwell's interview is very good imo - needs discussing in itself actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbEg4AsU7F0&feature=g-all-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfcS6NkiAY&feature=g-all-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB4voec2bTc&feature=g-all-u

green73
06-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I believe she once said that her brother is.

ClydeCoulter
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I think this needs more discussion, but right now, Ron Paul 2012 all the way to Tampa !

ctiger2
06-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Huh? Jack answered all her questions. She doesn't seem to grasp the "style" part that Jack said at least 3X. If you can't grasp that, then you'll be confused.

CPUd
06-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Didn't seem like he was expecting that line of questioning. She was 1 question away from asking if they sold endorsements.

febo
06-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Huh? Jack answered all her questions. She doesn't seem to grasp the "style" part that Jack said at least 3X. If you can't grasp that, then you'll be confused.

No, oh condescending one, what you can't grasp is that RP is right - you CANNOT EVER compromise your principles because you think it may help "spread the word" - Ron Paul is only as successfull as he is because people believe he is totally straightforward and honest.
At one point Hunter says that Ron Paul not endorsing Romney reflects a difference in "style" with Rand. I'm sure he can't believe he said that!
Hunter looks beat up by the end of the interview.

fearthereaperx
06-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Solid interview by Jack Hunter. Just as I suspected, they are trying to push the message farther into the mainstream which some of the hardcore supporters just don't seem to grasp.

febo
06-09-2012, 03:10 PM
they are trying to push the message farther into the mainstream which some of the hardcore supporters just don't seem to grasp.

Analyse this idea: "Push the message farther into the mainstream"

1. "the message". The message is peace, economic honesty, freedom. What happens to that message when you declare support for someone who represents none of these things, as Ron Paul has so clearly shown to so many people?
2. "into the mainstream". If, as 1 shows, you've sacrificed the message, this doesn't matter a jot. Sure, there will be some consolation trinkets (I've only heard one - some kind of Fed audit) that might twinkle for a while....

Fredom101
06-09-2012, 03:32 PM
She certainly sounds like one in these three interviews.
Lew Rockwell's interview is very good imo - needs discussing in itself actually.

Abby is a friend of mine. She supported Ron Paul in 2008. She was at the head of the 9/11 truth movement. I had a discussion with her around 2010 and she said she agreed with libertarianism for the most part. She also supported Cynthia McKenna (sp?). Overall, Abby is a total badass activist and really cool chick. Good to see her on RT.

febo
06-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Abby is a friend of mine. She supported Ron Paul in 2008. She was at the head of the 9/11 truth movement. I had a discussion with her around 2010 and she said she agreed with libertarianism for the most part. She also supported Cynthia McKenna (sp?). Overall, Abby is a total badass activist and really cool chick. Good to see her on RT.

Great to hear, but also ironic. I hope she never gets asked by RT to push a pro-Putin agenda, like Max Keiser/Stacy Herbert have... (off topic sorry)

Peace&Freedom
06-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Abby Martin, Lauren Lyster, Alyona, it's amazing we have to go to a Russian cable channel to find decent coverage of our ideas, and cool hotties with brains!

Fredom101
06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Great to hear, but also ironic. I hope she never gets asked by RT to push a pro-Putin agenda, like Max Keiser/Stacy Herbert have... (off topic sorry)

She may be asked....but she won't comply. :)