PDA

View Full Version : What is the deal?

llepard
06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Ok, so Rand endorses Romney.

I don't like that, but I was not born yesterday.

Romney needs us or Barry wins.

What I want to know is what did Rand get for this endorsement?

Vice President? Not likely, Romney does not need to go that far.

Full audit of the FED? We are getting warmer.

Full audit of Fort Knox? Very interesting.

IMHO if he got these then it was agood trade.

These actions would bring the entire ponzi down and result in criminal prosecutions.

If Rand did not get these concessions, he blew it.

Just my opinion.

Adrock
06-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Rand has mentioned Internet freedom too. That is pretty big in my book.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Any promises extracted from Romney would be about as worthless as a one dollar bill. I think this is more on point, whether it came from a campaign insider or not:

Lately I am being bombarded with questions about Rand Paul endorsing Romney.

People are feeling betrayed. They are calling Rand a sell-out.

It might seem that way at first blush.

But Rand is not a sell-out, and Ron is not a quitter.

Let me try to explain what is really going on here.

My friend Dan McCarthy, editor of the venerable publication The American Conservative, put it this way:

"I'm an old Buchananite. Pat Buchanan always endorsed the nominee, no matter how painful it was. Because to not do so causes more harm to the holdout, than to the candidate."

It is at this point certain that, while we will certainly have an enormous impact on the national convention and the Republican party, winning the nomination is just outside of our grasp.

Our goal now, as ever, is to advance the "Ron Paul Revolution" in the best ways possible. That will mean continuing the tasks that once served our goal of winning the primary: to build strong local organizations that continue to recruit, train, equip, and mobilize grassroots leaders all across America.

By giving Romney the obligatory endorsement, Rand Paul just denied his enemies (and ours) a hammer to whack him (and us) over the head with for the next several years, should Obama be re-elected.

If Ron and Rand both refuse to endorse Romney and he loses narrowly to Obama, we would never hear the end of it. We would be villified by every other conservative group out there.

And nobody outside of our own circles would believe the truth, which is that we are the real Republicans and they, Romney and his fellow aristocrats, are the counterfeits.

Rand just did a great thing for us. I'm sure it was not easy for him.

He gave a purely obligatory endorsement, so that we can continue to carry on our fight to reclaim the American Right without being beaten over the head in the media for hurting the party.

Remember, Rand's endorsement compels nobody to act on it. And I haven't heard a single Ron Paul supporter saying they'll support Romney because Rand said so.

Rand did the right thing.

And as Jack Hunter explains:

"Ron Paul conceding he won’t be president and Rand Paul supporting the presumptive GOP nominee are but trivial anecdotes to the obvious and ongoing success of the most transformative political movement of our time: The rEVOLution."

He made a 10-minute video elaborating on this interesting point: that Ron Paul is becoming something more important than President. Watch it here.

Most importantly, what has been the reaction of Dr. Paul to his son's endorsement of Romney? I don't think there have been any media appearances about it yet, but I know for certain the elder Dr. Paul will stand 100% behind his son's decision.

In a webinar recorded back in October, now posted to Grassroots Central under the title Leadership with Michael Rothfeld, the last question I asked him concerned the subject of character. Mike explained:

"Character is what you do when nobody is watching... but character is also what you do when everyone is watching.

"What are you going to do if you lose?

"Are you going to quit?"

Are you going to call it a rigged game and give up? Are you going to let this historic campaign reduce to nothing more than a bump on the road to tyranny?

Or are you going to continue the fight, yield the battle graciously, and begin planning for the next battle?

Saul Anuzis, who always hated Ron Paul's movement and spent his resources engineering the primary to benefit Romney, recently lost his re-election campaign for National Committeeman... badly.

He had to take to the dais and call for the party to unite behind David Agema, his opponent, for national commiteeman.

I'm sure he would have loved to have denounced the convention for revolting against him, to tell us we're all a bunch of idiots, and so on.

But he could not. Not there on the dais. He would have done himself great harm by being anything other than a good sport in front of the state party. He had to concede to his opponent.

Rand had to endorse Romney. At this point, the longer he continued to refuse, the worse it makes us look.

Rand understood this, and did the right thing--knowing even that there would be this blowback within his base.

The Revolution will continue forward, and as we make more and more progress, more and more will be possible.

But don't blame Rand for doing what he was obliged to do. He was an remains a leader and a fighter in the U.S. Senate for Audit the Fed, against the Patriot Act, against Internet regulations, and so much more. He will be a leader in the freedom movement for years, perhaps decades to come.

Let me close with this thought:

Every time the campaign did something our supporters did not understand, the opposition placed stories in the media to sow fear and distrust within our supporters. It is psychological warfare, and a reality in politics.

The establishment would love nothing more than for our movement to shatter as the campaign comes to an end.

We will not give them that.

If you have trust in Ron Paul, and if you have trust in Carol Paul, have their trust in their son.

opinionatedfool
06-09-2012, 08:58 AM

All of them are pretty big, only problem is Romney flip flops all over the place. If he said one thing to Rand, he'll probably switch two days later.

llepard
06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Agree with earlier comment that Romney promises may be worthless. That is why I personally would not have done what Rand did. Nevertheless, if he got these concessions I at least understand what he did.

archangel689
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dX4DdfSGiFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGfcS6NkiAY

You might be willing to stand up for someone who makes compromises, but us anarchists aren't and won't. Compromise gravitates towards centrism, you can't compromise and be a staunch defender of liberty too, it doesn't work that way. Today is a sad day, We should have a mock funeral for Rand.

Roxi
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Lepard! Great to see you around here!

LibertyEagle
06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
You might be willing to stand up for someone who makes compromises, but us anarchists aren't and won't. Compromise gravitates towards centrism, you can't compromise and be a staunch defender of liberty too, it doesn't work that way. Today is a sad day, We should have a mock funeral for Rand.

No thanks. I will wait until all the evidence is in. I don't believe in executing someone without it, but then again, I'm not an anarchist.

Veteran Citizen
06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
There is an Army of Paul delegates going to Tampa. I don't think everyone of them is going to sign off on that plan.

MozoVote
06-09-2012, 09:19 AM
All of the GOP big names will ultimately endorse Romney. It's just a game of how firmly they endorse him.

Even Ron will probably edge close to an endorsement if it gets him a speaking spot in Tampa.

paulbot24
06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
We are still going to Tampa with hundreds of members of the tireless irate minority as delegates. Ron himself did not bow or take any concessions and if you watched the video of his speech on Thursday you know what I mean. He ripped into so many with weak ideals and fair-weather policies I thought he was going to pull out a samurai sword and just start thinning the herd in Texas right then and there. He crushes the notion of "unity with no principle" and pulverizes the excuses we've all heard a million times by now as to why we should go along with the status quo. Nobody was out of reach as he proclaimed the big-government advocates within the party as being "the past" and that "we are the future." One of the finest by Dr. No. Not the words of a man begging for scraps from ANYBODY. All that was missing was a gallon of sugar soda on the podium just to make sure nobody felt left out.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Agree with earlier comment that Romney promises may be worthless. That is why I personally would not have done what Rand did. Nevertheless, if he got these concessions I at least understand what he did.

I think these 3 sentences boil it down to it's most simplistic explanation. I think the campaign is just hoping we are smart enough to figure it out without tipping our hand to those being manipulated (in a good way ;).

By giving Romney the obligatory endorsement, Rand Paul just denied his enemies (and ours) a hammer to whack him (and us) over the head with for the next several years, should Obama be re-elected.

Remember, Rand's endorsement compels nobody to act on it. And I haven't heard a single Ron Paul supporter saying they'll support Romney because Rand said so.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 09:23 AM

The path to reach a mountain top sometimes passes through a swamp

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2012, 09:24 AM
My friend Dan McCarthy, editor of the venerable publication The American Conservative, put it this way:

"I'm an old Buchananite. Pat Buchanan always endorsed the nominee, no matter how painful it was. Because to not do so causes more harm to the holdout, than to the candidate."

It is at this point certain that, while we will certainly have an enormous impact on the national convention and the Republican party, winning the nomination is just outside of our grasp.

Our goal now, as ever, is to advance the "Ron Paul Revolution" in the best ways possible. That will mean continuing the tasks that once served our goal of winning the primary: to build strong local organizations that continue to recruit, train, equip, and mobilize grassroots leaders all across America.

This is largely how I see it, although I'll take it a step further and say Rand is making himself appear mainstream to the people who don't pay attention. He's playing the game Ron never would, and I'd say he's still an asset to us and will be in the future.

Notice who I think is driving this bus... It's not Ron or Rand... It's us.

Adrock
06-09-2012, 09:24 AM
All of the GOP big names will ultimately endorse Romney. It's just a game of how firmly they endorse him.

Even Ron will probably edge close to an endorsement if it gets him a speaking spot in Tampa.

I think that Rand endorses while Ron does not endorse anyone this time around. Ron stays true and works through C4L in the future in keep the movement vibrant. This is in exchange for support of a full Fed Audit and support for internet freedom (this is what Rand mentioned). Also Ron and Rand will probably have speaking spots at the convention.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 09:28 AM
Notice who I think is driving this bus... It's not Ron or Rand... It's us.

Thank god it's a metaphorical bus or we would have driven off a cliff a long time ago and never survived to fight another day :D.

jkr
06-09-2012, 09:29 AM
no war on "drugs" (people)

no war on "poverty" (people)

no war on on "terrorism" (people NEAR people who L00k like they might think of hurting people, but havent "yet")

no war on "the economy" (people)

no war on our minds

no war on our homes

no war on our skies

no war on US

vp
AND ron picks the cabinet

let the age of endless violence...END and then DEFEND this nation like we are entrusted

trey4sports
06-09-2012, 09:31 AM
he got protection for '16. He'll need Romneys financial backers to help him fight the neocons when he runs for president.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 09:33 AM
he got protection for '16. He'll need Romneys financial backers to help him fight the neocons when he runs for president.

Not sure if serious :confused:.

DeMintConservative
06-09-2012, 09:35 AM

Obviously.

That's what a political party is.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Thank god it's a metaphorical bus or we would have driven off a cliff a long time ago and never survived to fight another day :D.

lol. No kidding, I'm not sure I'd want to be on a real bus with the forum right now. Maybe best to hide the keys for a week or two while people get their heads together.

ronpaulfollower999
06-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Obviously.

That's what a political party is.

And it's why political parties are destructive to liberty.

MelissaCato
06-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Now that I know how Adam and Alex feel about Rand's decision to endorse Mittens. I would also like to know what Stewart Rhodes thinks about all this.

MelissaCato
06-09-2012, 09:46 AM
.. and the Judge for that matter. I would like to know.

LibertyEagle
06-09-2012, 09:46 AM

Yes, but we have them now.

dancjm
06-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Why can't the deal be -

There are two camps in the Republican Party right now. Lets have a Paul in both.

?

ClydeCoulter
06-09-2012, 09:48 AM
The path to reach a mountain top sometimes passes through a swamp

Ron and the world has already been in that swamp for decades.
Let's finish the climb, now !

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 09:52 AM

All of them are pretty big, only problem is Romney flip flops all over the place. If he said one thing to Rand, he'll probably switch two days later.

yup, SOPA was started by Time Warner, which is a sister company or even part of Time Warner in some fashion...so we should expect a flipflop and bullshit reason from Romney as to why he changed his mind some time in the near future...

paulbot24
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Now that I know how Adam and Alex feel about Rand's decision to endorse Mittens. I would also like to know what Stewart Rhodes thinks about all this... and the Judge for that matter. I would like to know.

Well you can always count on the Judge to tell us exactly how he thinks and feels about everything so there will be no mystery for long with him. That you do know I am sure.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
Maybe best to hide the keys for a week or two while people get their heads together.

Belts, guns, and sharp objects also. We need to be on suicide watch. Talk them down from their ledges. lol...the metaphors could be endless! :D

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Let's finish the climb, now !

We are VERY near the summit. We are exhausted and barely able to comprehend the last 1000 feet right now. Ron gave it his all with his supporters pushing him up and RP pulling us up simutaneously Mt Everest for 28,029 feet. He signals to Rand to finish this freaking climb and plant the flag of liberty on that MF'er!. 2016 is when we finish this hellish climb and the exhilaration of our accomplishments will be unlike anything I have ever experienced before.

This is no time to quit. I would be disappointed in myself for the rest of my life if I did.

ClydeCoulter
06-09-2012, 10:21 AM
I'm disappointed that so many are calling it quits for 2012. Ron hasn't, just watch Thursday's speach he gave in Texas.

Our delegates and patriots are converting delegates on the fence. It ain't over yet. 2016, 2020, 2024 will come, 2012 is here now !

edit: We have people still in the treches fighting for us, support them, watch the livestreams and see...

DeMintConservative
06-09-2012, 10:35 AM

I agree with Burke that they're essential to liberty.

That's beyond the point though: Rand (and for that matter Ron Paul) belongs to a political party.

anarchy
06-09-2012, 01:08 PM
You never compromise on your principles, NEVER. That's what attracted us to Ron on the first place. That's why this movement got huge. Don't kid yourself that compromising here and there is an option, it won't work. Rand is a sellout.

Endthefednow
06-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Again No One But Ron Paul :)

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Rand is NOT a sellout, he picked the person from his party over the guy in the other party.

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Rand is NOT a sellout, he picked the person from his party over the guy in the other party.

he is absolutely a sellout...he did this to his FATHER..our Liberty Father... he did this on phuqing Hannity... and say it was Gary Johnson still running in the Republican party, and say he had the delegates as Romney has now... and Rand endorsed Gary...I could understand that....but endorsing Romney, the establishment, NDAA/Patriot Act, sending kids to die for pentagon contractors, big gov't, welfare state, bailouts, banksters, corporate fatcats? ??? phuq that.. I'm sorry...I don't care what deal was given, RP wouldn't and won't support Romney... Rand Paul is a not only a sellout, he's a white Uncle Tom, a traitor, and a backstabber.

davidt!
06-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Uh sure bro Mitt Romney is gonna audit the FED and Fort Knox...I got news for you the FED aint never gonna get audited.

Karsten
06-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Is it insured?

Yes.

By Survival?

No.

... I can't take that deal!

Karsten
06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Uh sure bro Mitt Romney is gonna audit the FED and Fort Knox...I got news for you the FED aint never gonna get audited.

"aint never" that's a double negative that means that indeed it IS going to be audited! YAY! WOOHOO!

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM

He'll obviously need the plutocrat money-men because a lot of people in the movement aren't going to give him one damn dime.