PDA

View Full Version : Ron needs to talk about Rand's endorsement ASAP

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Before this divide becomes permanent.

Vessol
06-09-2012, 02:56 AM

Ron's campaign controls what Ron says now I fear. And his campaign, I personally believe, worked with Romney to do this for Rand :(. They'll keep Ron silent for now, we'll get an email monday morning probably.

paulbot24
06-09-2012, 03:01 AM
Ron's campaign controls what Ron says now I fear. And his campaign, I personally believe, worked with Romney to do this for Rand :(. They'll keep Ron silent for now, we'll get an email monday morning probably.

Did you watch the video on the front page of Ron campaigning in Texas yesterday? It sounds like only Ron is controlling what Ron says right now. You'll be glad you took the 45 minutes to watch it.

Victor Grey
06-09-2012, 03:04 AM
I agree, Ron needs to be informed of this and come out with a statement.

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2012, 03:10 AM

Email won't do. Has to be tv/radio.

Revolution9
06-09-2012, 03:21 AM

The news desks phones are busy dialing for a guest appearance as they wake.

Rev9

Romulus
06-09-2012, 06:06 AM

Totally agree... he needs to clear the air....

As of now, Benton is looking like a real POS snake.

LibertyEagle
06-09-2012, 06:08 AM

Yeah, I agree.

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 06:48 AM
And his campaign, I personally believe, worked with Romney to do this for Rand :(. They'll keep Ron silent for now, we'll get an email monday morning probably.

this makes more sense actually...so if asked my the media, he can always say "I" did not have a deal with Romney, or "I" did not talk to my son about this, etc, etc....he would not be lying, but his campaign team did talk to both Romney and Rand...makes perfect sense...Ron is just keeping his hands somewhat clean, because he is a terrible, terrible liar....just watch any video of when he's asked if he knew about what was said at the time regarding the newsletters.. watch how Ron's eyebrows move up and he gets a completely different facial expression when explaining if he knew about what was written at the time...

pcosmar
06-09-2012, 07:10 AM
If he could explain Paul Garfield it may shed light on what is really going on.

But he did not even know why Garfield was fired,, and never addressed it.

:(

I have been looking for an answer to this for years.

Romulus
06-09-2012, 07:53 AM
If he could explain Paul Garfield it may shed light on what is really going on.

But he did not even know why Garfield was fired,, and never addressed it.

:(

I have been looking for an answer to this for years.

What's the story there? I've never heard....

We have to be really niave to think that the Paul campaign was not infected with neocon moles trying to overtake... and I'm sure Paul was wise too, but he is so trusting with everyone, especially family. I'm just beginning to think that Benton is a rat.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2012, 08:14 AM

What's the divide? I see a lot of people giving up. Personal choices... people will make them. I doubt Ron will say anything right now, and maybe not for years.

pcosmar
06-09-2012, 08:32 AM
What's the story there? I've never heard....

We have to be really niave to think that the Paul campaign was not infected with neocon moles trying to overtake... and I'm sure Paul was wise too, but he is so trusting with everyone, especially family. I'm just beginning to think that Benton is a rat.

Don't know who,, or how extensive.
Paul Garfield was the Michigan Campaign coordinator. We has a robust grassroots network and Ron had a good chance of taking Michigan the last time around.
Paul Garfield was fired unexpectedly and for no apparent reason. No reason was ever given.
He was replaced with idiots and Michigan campaign fell apart. Whether Egos, stupidity or outright sabotage is not clear.

I have met Ron. He is a genuinely nice guy.. Perhaps too nice and too trusting.

I have had nothing to do with the official campaign,, but I am and have been observing.

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Ron needs to talk about Rand's endorsement ASAP

Manipulation always works best when you don't let the group of people being manipulated know that they are being manipulated. How do you tell your supporters what is going on without tipping your hand to Romney supporters? Kind of loses it's effectiveness and just a stick to beat us with.

LibertyEagle
06-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Manipulation always works best when you don't let the group of people being manipulated know that they are being manipulated. How do you tell your supporters what is going on without tipping your hand to Romney supporters? Kind of loses it's effectiveness and just a stick to beat us with.

Ha ha. Very true.

jj-
06-09-2012, 08:55 AM
If Ron says something it's going to be something like: Do whatever you wanna do!

It's time we stop waiting for salvation from a supreme leader.

vechorik
06-09-2012, 09:01 AM
How can you expect Ron Paul to defend Rand Paul for doing something that RON PAUL WOULDN'T DO?

PatriotOne
06-09-2012, 09:12 AM
Ha ha. Very true.

Right? Right! Like we discussed last night, I think there may be some validity to that "campaign insider" info anonomously floating around on the reasons why he endorsed. Maintains plausible deniabilty to the real reasons Rand endorsed while hoping his supporters are smart enough to figure it out. I can just hear the campaign people screaming now ....."I though our supporters were smarter than this!" while all the talk of Rand's treason...lol...is going on.

Aratus
06-09-2012, 09:31 AM
to the world and even the mittsters, this slow texas "john wayne" sauntering over
to the middle of the crowd of some 1000 to 3000 rude raging ragged ruffians
who are getting too emotional and erupting all over Rand's facebook page and the
Daily Paul just to say that Rand has true grit and is his own man, it is indeed
a tad confusing. it is really looking like that ron paul isn't backing Rand and even
wants to go 3rd party even if he's to be part of the fall ticket. its time to either
humour 3rd party talk or scotch the same. maybe some of the hooligans need more
explanations and less gray areas uncertainty. time to talk turkey & nitty gritty.

matt0611
06-09-2012, 09:37 AM
How can you expect Ron Paul to defend Rand Paul for doing something that RON PAUL WOULDN'T DO?

Because Ron Paul respects people to let them make their own decisions. Duh.

jj-
06-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Because Ron Paul respects people to let them make their own decisions. Duh.

defend =\= respect

Anti Federalist
06-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes, I agree with the OP and many others in the thread.

I don't "demand" much, but I think it's owed to us.

If he wants, he can explain the reasoning, as I'm sure it was explained to him.

Or not.

But what I must see, before going another inch on the "Ron Paul Express", is a commitment that he, Ron, will not now, nor later, endorse Mitt Romney for president.

I have a miserable gut feeling that such an endorsement is in the works, and for me, if that happens, that's it, I'm out, done, finished, kaput, adios.

If anybody needs me at that point, you can find me retired to my bunker, cauterizing the knife wounds in my back

jj-
06-09-2012, 10:05 AM

Isn't the son too old to have daddy still cleaning up his mess? I bet Ron won't say anything about it on his own, and will not say much even when some journalists asks him about it.

staerker
06-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Stop with the knee jerk reactions. He spent his whole life building up our trust, well guess what. Now it's being put to the test. And all you guys can do is whine?

If he made a public announcement 'explaining' the endorsement it would mean it's not how it appears, making this entire ordeal pointless.

Anti Federalist
06-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Isn't the son too old to have daddy still cleaning up his mess? I bet Ron won't say anything about it on his own, and will not say much even when some journalists asks him about it.

Stop with the knee jerk reactions. He spent his whole life building up our trust, well guess what. Now it's being put to the test. And all you guys can do is whine?

If he made a public announcement 'explaining' the endorsement it would mean it's not how it appears, making this entire ordeal pointless.

I don't care about, nor would I expect, anything from Ron about what Rand did or why.

I want a commitment from RON that he will NOT endorse Romney for president.

Lucille
06-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I truly don't believe Ron will endorse Obamney. He has said before (in so many words) that it would go against everything he believes in, and it would let his supporters down.

I am far more upset about the fact that there's a neocon in the RP campaign's midst (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2012/02/02/can-ron-paul-be-tamed/), which explains a lot.

FrancisMarion
06-09-2012, 11:12 AM

Welcome. +rep.

Roxi
06-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I think I disagree, and here is why.

The way I see it RP coming out about the endorsement gives him 2 choices.

1 - He can say he defends Rands position and supports him 100% - implying he also supports Romney
2- He can denounce the endorsement and say he doesn't support Romney

With choice 1 he further divides the movement, gets called a traitor etc, etc
With choice 2 he gains cred with us, but loses all traction with the GOP and all the work we have done as delegates at the RNC.

I'm disheartened that they weren't forthcoming about the fact that at a certain point long ago they realized he wouldn't win the nomination and it became all about changing the party platform. I would have worked just as hard to accomplish that goal, but I wouldn't have been left feeling like I had been goatherded and scammed.

I'm still dedicated to reforming the GOP because even though I'm a voluntarist, I am logical enough to realize that real change in this country is probably going to only be accomplished within 1 of the 2 parties. I identify with the Republicans more so than the dems and so if I have to pick sides, it will be within the GOP.

Anyhow, I don't know exactly what RP should do, but for now I am leaning toward the idea that he should just keep his mouth shut.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Blaming Ron Paul for Rand Paul's actions? What is this, North Korea?

Romney is most likely going to win the nomination, unless there's a huge delegate upset at the convention. Rand Paul has nothing to lose if he endorses Romney when he's about to win.

Maximus
06-09-2012, 12:01 PM
I think communication between Ron and ourselves has been sorely lacking these last few months, and much of these "controversies" could have been avoided had he been communicating with us more regularly. The movement needs a good fire side chat from the Good Doctor. For political reasons, this may come after the RNC or after the November election. Regardless, the chat needs to happen if the movement is to heal.

I'm not holding this against Rand. I think it makes sense if he is running in 2016. Other than that it does not.

staerker
06-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I don't care about, nor would I expect, anything from Ron about what Rand did or why.

Fair enough.

But say Ron did endorse Romney (fully knowing you and I won't back Romney.) I wouldn't urge him to do it, I hope he doesn't, it would make me sick, but if he does my respect for him would only increase.

The Ron I know has an even greater drive for ideological purity than you and me. Sacrificing that purity would crush him. But if he believes that is one of the last things he is able to do to further the cause of liberty, more power to him.

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 12:07 PM
I think I disagree, and here is why.

The way I see it RP coming out about the endorsement gives him 2 choices.

1 - He can say he defends Rands position and supports him 100% - implying he also supports Romney

With choice 1 he further divides the movement, gets called a traitor etc, etc
With choice 2 he gains cred with us, but loses all traction with the GOP and all the work we have done as delegates at the RNC.

I'm disheartened that they weren't forthcoming about the fact that at a certain point long ago they realized he wouldn't win the nomination and it became all about changing the party platform. I would have worked just as hard to accomplish that goal, but I wouldn't have been left feeling like I had been goatherded and scammed.

I'm still dedicated to reforming the GOP because even though I'm a voluntarist, I am logical enough to realize that real change in this country is probably going to only be accomplished within 1 of the 2 parties. I identify with the Republicans more so than the dems and so if I have to pick sides, it will be within the GOP.

Anyhow, I don't know exactly what RP should do, but for now I am leaning toward the idea that he should just keep his mouth shut.

Good idea.
I hear the video of Ron speaking in TX is excellent, has everyone watched it?

Anti Federalist
06-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Fair enough.

But say Ron did endorse Romney (fully knowing you and I won't back Romney.) I wouldn't urge him to do it, I hope he doesn't, it would make me sick, but if he does my respect for him would only increase.

The Ron I know has an even greater drive for ideological purity than you and me. Sacrificing that purity would crush him. But if he believes that is one of the last things he is able to do to further the cause of liberty, more power to him.

Deal breaker.

I'd be done.

jj-
06-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Ron would never do that, you know that. He never made a commitment to not run third party. He doesn't rule himself out for things he could do in the future, even if it's extremely unlikely he'll do it. The most you'll get is: well, if he comes around on foreign policy, the federal reserve, civil liberties, we can talk. He doesn't say much about the Fed.

jj-
06-09-2012, 12:32 PM

3. He can say that he will consider it if Romney comes around his views on monetary policies, military spending, civil liberties, and starts talking about eliminating the income tax and the department of education.

The third option is the most similar to what he always said when asked about an endorsement, and I bet he'll keep doing the same.

Zee
06-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Ron needs to talk about Rand's endorsement ASAP, Before this divide becomes permanent.

Why?
Ron doesnt need to explain or talk about Rands actions any more than he needs to talk or explain the actions of any other politicians. Maybe people have higher standards or expectations for Rand because of his relationship to Ron, but as far as Im concerned he hasnt earned his stripes yet, unlike his father. For me, if it weren't for that relationship this endorsement would be the equivalent of Bachmann's. I understand the resentment, but I dont understand why this would cause a "divide".

I hear a lot of people say, "in the bigger picture it isnt just about Ron". If thats true, than it sure as hell isnt about Rand or his endorsements.
I would be very disappointed if Ron endorsed Mitt, but Rand? Whatever...

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2012, 01:11 PM

If he wants, he can explain the reasoning, as I'm sure it was explained to him.

Or not.

But what I must see, before going another inch on the "Ron Paul Express", is a commitment that he, Ron, will not now, nor later, endorse Mitt Romney for president.

I have a miserable gut feeling that such an endorsement is in the works, and for me, if that happens, that's it, I'm out, done, finished, kaput, adios.

If anybody needs me at that point, you can find me retired to my bunker, cauterizing the knife wounds in my back

This ^

NoOneButPaul
06-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I hope you guys are ready for it because I think Ron will endorse Romney, especially if they give him a speech.

How could he take an entire speech at the RNC and NOT endorse Romney during it at any point? I would love to see it but I think if Ron wants some influence he's going o have to play ball.

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 01:52 PM
NO WAY that RP will endorse Romney... I don't care what deal there is between Rand and Romney... RP has done to much for us to piss on us in that way. Absolutely not. RP may not be perfect, but he's no traitor. Screw Rand and his sheeple that think this "strategy" was called for. Doint this on the Hannity show really tipped it off. He could of at least done that somewhere else and I don't think everyone would be as mad.

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
NO WAY that RP will endorse Romney... I don't care what deal there is between Rand and Romney... RP has done to much for us to piss on us in that way. Absolutely not. RP may not be perfect, but he's no traitor. Screw Rand and his sheeple that think this "strategy" was called for. Doint this on the Hannity show really tipped it off. He could of at least done that somewhere else and I don't think everyone would be as mad.

You really think people would be less mad if it was said somewhere else?

QueenB4Liberty
06-09-2012, 02:58 PM
He won't endorse Romney.

papitosabe
06-09-2012, 03:01 PM
You really think people would be less mad if it was said somewhere else?

not all... but I know when I saw it, and saw Hannity speak before Rand did, and saw his phuqing squirmy, condesending smirk, and evilish smile while he was talking pissed me the hell off...then to hear Rand endorse the establishment, while RP, hadn't even bowed out, just got to me... I remember thinking, why would you go on Hannity of all people? I can't say that I felt betrayed...but I just felt how a son could do that to such a great man and his supporters... a slap in the face... if it would have been on Jon Stewart, for example, I don't know that I'd be AS pissed, even though I'd still be upset..