PDA

View Full Version : Romney is barely a presence at state GOP gathering

sailingaway
06-08-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/texas-politics/romney-is-barely-a-presence-at-state-gop-2396501.html

cassielund99@gmail.com
06-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Cries of support for U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Lake Jackson and boos from the audience in the Fort Worth Convention Center Arena were eventually drowned out by chants of "Romney, Romney."

Where do they come up with this stuff. I haven't heard Romney chant once during the convention.

CPUd
06-08-2012, 10:47 PM
There are also rumblings that some of the state's Electoral College representatives, who will also be chosen today, will stay true to the popular vote in Texas or throw their support to Paul.

Wonder where those 'rumblings' are coming from.

michaelwise
06-08-2012, 10:48 PM
What This Country Needs Is More Obama Enema!

If I get no satisfaction from the GOP, I'll now directly vote for OBAMA!

The complete and total economic collapse of the USA and the world is guaranteed. I say teach the whole country a lesson they'll never forget and let Obama finish it off, and let the blame shift from Bush to Obama and the Democrats, so the country sees both parties are the same.

The white version of the MSM's presidential selection being Romney is no better than the black version being Obama.

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 11:04 PM
"He's a true conservative. He's going to do what's best for our country," Mendoza said. (talking about Romney)

Doesn't it make you wonder what was spinning through her mind when Ron was talking?

CPUd
06-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Cries of support for U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Lake Jackson and boos from the audience in the Fort Worth Convention Center Arena were eventually drowned out by chants of "Romney, Romney."

Where do they come up with this stuff. I haven't heard Romney chant once during the convention.

I think the boos during Rick Perry's speech might really have been 'Dew'. When he said Mitt, a lot of people were sitting on their hands.

The article seems a bit mixed up. This is all I could find that has anything close to a romney chant. It was at a nearby location on Thursday I believe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lm-6f99Z0I

Cleaner44
06-09-2012, 08:39 AM
What This Country Needs Is More Obama Enema!

If I get no satisfaction from the GOP, I'll now directly vote for OBAMA!

The complete and total economic collapse of the USA and the world is guaranteed. I say teach the whole country a lesson they'll never forget and let Obama finish it off, and let the blame shift from Bush to Obama and the Democrats, so the country sees both parties are the same.

The white version of the MSM's presidential selection being Romney is no better than the black version being Obama.

If you can't be a good example then at least be a horrible warning!

robertwerden
06-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I have a strange feeling about this, but I don't want to jinx it.

MozoVote
06-09-2012, 08:55 AM
At the NC convention, the state chairman saw the RP signs being held up in front of him, and jokingly said: "I see we have some Ron Paul supporters here" (loud cheer). So he followed up by asking "And some of you may have supported Rick Santorum" (almost no noise) "Or Newt Gingrich" (decent, but not quite Paul's) "Or Mitt Romney" (about the same as Paul's, maybe a little more).

There were about 200 hard core Paul people in the convention though out of 1268 seated. That did not leave me with the impression the delegates were enthusuastic about Romney. They had the numbers to drown us out, and didn't care.