PDA

View Full Version : Texas Delegates need help!

ganderif
06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
duckofliberty has asked me to tell you they need 1 min and 3 min speeches to give to the Ron Paul candidates running for National Delegate. Topic is why they should be delegates. Hopefully we have some good writers.

edit: Send anything to me in PM please.

ganderif
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Bump. This is a serious request from Texas delegates!

CPUd
06-08-2012, 10:08 PM
I'd recommend anyone who does write anything(specific), send it to OP via PM. Otherwise, the people they are running against may go up and take the 'words out of their mouths'.

ganderif
06-08-2012, 10:11 PM
I'd recommend anyone who does write anything(specific), send it to OP via PM. Otherwise, the people they are running against may go up and take the 'words out of their mouths'.

Good Idea. Thank you.

eleganz
06-08-2012, 10:35 PM
bump, I know there are people who have given stump speeches for Ron and made speeches to become delegates, those can definitely be recycled, edited, and presented.

ganderif
06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
bump, I know there are people who have given stump speeches for Ron and made speeches to become delegates, those can definitely be recycled, edited, and presented.

If anyone has any written copies of those, that would be great.

juvanya
06-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Write out a few one or two word topics on a note card. If youre versed enough on the topic, you can write a fluent speech on the spot just with the bumper topics. I did this in 2008 when, despite being an Obama supporter, I gave a Ron Paul campaign speech. I think it was my best speech ever. I talked about gold, the fed, the wars, everything. I had 6 words on my card and thats it. And who gives ad lib speeches like this? You know who. ;)

drummergirl
06-08-2012, 11:19 PM
best tips for tomorrow's delegate candidates:

Do NOT mention Ron Paul; it's just foolishness unless you know for a fact that will get you 51% of the vote in your CD.

Remember that YOU are the candidate. Tell them why they should send you to Tampa. what have you done/will you do for the party?

I have a good friend who, in 2008, decided to run for alternate last minute. She told her story and others were so moved that they gave up their chance for a spot so she could go to national. And she'd lived in Texas less than a year. She has since been very active in RPT, so has fulfilled her promise. just saying, it can be done.