PDA

View Full Version : Libertarian Party press release on Rand's endorsement

farreri
06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Now that Rand sold out, all of you need to quit wasting your time with the Republican party. They are one half of the problem!!!

Press Release

For Immediate Release
Friday, June 8, 2012

Rand Paul Betrays His Father’s Principles, Endorses Mitt Romney

Why Ron Paul Supporters Need the Libertarian Party

When Dr. Rand Paul ran for U.S. Senate in Kentucky, many of his fund-raising appeals were sent to the donors and supporters of his father, Congressman Ron Paul. They were designed to convince Ron’s supporters that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. That Rand was, like his legendary father, a steadfast champion of liberty.

But no true libertarian, no true friend of liberty, and no true blue Tea Partier could possibly even consider, much less actually endorse or approve of, the Father of Obamacare, Big Government tax and spender, Republican Mitt Romney.

Especially the son of Ron Paul, who has no excuse.

Especially a medical doctor, who has even fewer excuses.

Earlier this year, Rand Paul showed his willingness to sell out his supporters when he called higher federal government spending a “spending cut” – Orwellian language used routinely by Big Government Democratic and Republican politicians.

Sorry, Senator Paul. An increase is an increase, whether it’s a big increase or a really, really big increase in federal government spending.

Rand Paul had a list of excuses for his endorsement of Mitt Romney for president. For example, he claims that Romney will support auditing the Federal Reserve, oppose SOPA legislation which impairs Internet freedom, allow construction of the Keystone Pipeline, and support the REINS Act which would require Congress to vote on major new regulations.

But as Sherlock Holmes would note, it’s the dog that didn't bark that proves Rand Paul made a devil’s deal with Big Government Mitt Romney.

It’s what Rand Paul did not say that Mitt Romney will support that tells us what we really need to know.

He did NOT say that Mitt Romney would cut federal spending.

He did NOT say that Mitt Romney would never raise taxes.

He did NOT say that Mitt Romney would end Obamacare.

He did NOT say that Mitt Romney would bring the troops home from Afghanistan like Rand’s father has promised to do again and again.

Because a President Mitt Romney would NOT do those things.

Which is why Republican Mitt Romney is unfit to be president.

Vote Libertarian – the only political party that embraces the same core value as Dr. Ron Paul: Liberty!

http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/rand-paul-betrays-his-father%E2%80%99s-principles-endorses-mitt-romney

Echoes
06-08-2012, 06:00 PM
The Libertarian Party sold out a long, long time ago, sure Rand's a snake traitor, but who the hell is the LP to talk !

RonPaulFanInGA
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Ain't voting for Gary Johnson; no way, no how.

Enjoy 0.4% again.

The Libertarian Party sold out a long, long time ago, sure Rand's a snake traitor, but who the hell is the LP to talk !

Who is someone who compared Ron Paul to Judas to talk?

The Paul movement aka Judas Iscariot movement is dead, the standard-bearer is Alex Jones. Hop on board the liberty train !

farreri
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
When? Reminder, the top LP brass don't nominate candidates.

farreri
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Ain't voting for Gary Johnson; no way, no how.

Enjoy 0.4% again.
So who should we vote for then?

trey4sports
06-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Gary Johnson is a great candidate. I will be happy to cast a ballot for him in November.

farreri
06-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Gary Johnson is a great candidate. I will be happy to cast a ballot for him in November.
I am. I still hope Ron does the right thing and teams up with Gary. It would be the most dream LP ticket in LP history. Although it will be awkward for Rand if Ron does. I'm not holding my breath though, sadly.

Elwar
06-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Maybe we should write in Bob Barr instead.

cheapseats
06-08-2012, 06:28 PM

Sold out to WHOM? If we FOLLOW THE MONEY, where do we "find ourselves"?

Big Money donors, formidable war-chests, mysterious back-room deals, high-flying lifestyles, enviable nest-eggs, lifetime security . . . are THESE the tip-offs that the Libertarian Party "sold out long ago", or have you uncovered some non-monetary skullduggery?

carmaphob
06-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Bob Barr was the last LP candidate. Seems like no party is a good party.

emazur
06-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I don't know if it was wise of them to stir the pot, but I agree with the LP analysis.

tsai3904
06-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Earlier this year, Rand Paul showed his willingness to sell out his supporters when he called higher federal government spending a “spending cut”

I don't think Rand has ever said this and usually makes a point to say that cutting proposed increases is not a cut.

realtonygoodwin
06-08-2012, 06:53 PM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/06/libertarian-party-rips-rand-paul-125707.html

That's not really a setback for Rand Paul -- if he was more concerned about cultivating libertarians than the GOP, he might have played his 2012 cards differently. (What's more, the Libertarian Party is hardly synonymous with the Ron Paul coalition.) But it does serve to underline the difference between Rand Paul and his father, and the reason why one of them is more likely to be successful in a national run than the other.

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Rand Paul Has Betrayed His Father's Principles

Nah. The Libertarian Party has betrayed Ron's principles, repeatedly. What Rand did is what Ron and Rand decided what was best.

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Interesting also that the LP was so eager to jump on this. Talk about politics....

farreri
06-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Nah. The Libertarian Party has betrayed Ron's principles, repeatedly.
Link?

Barrex
06-08-2012, 07:05 PM
There is an anecdote about 3 politicians from my country who were eager young idealistic and who split from our core liberty movement... They were in similar position this revolution is. All of them believed in same thing and they all wanted same thing (freedom of my people...lol I never thought I will use this phrase). They were good men but history remembers them by this short story told by another good politician who was wise enough to se importance of sticking together:

He called them Crab, Wolf and Donkey. They (those 3 animals representing 3 politicians) were put in charge of moving chariot (that was representing our country). So the started to work hard. Crab was pulling sideways, Wolf was pulling back and Donkey was pulling forward. Chariot was moving few inches forward and then few inches back etc. but would always return on starting point. So 3 great minds of our freedom movement failed to move our country 1 centimeter closer to liberty/ independence..... and that is how people remember them. 3 failures who had opportunity but were not able to move in same direction. They dont remember their brilliant books, their astonishing achievements. They are remembered as failures....as someone who weakened our revolution (by weakened i mean there were blood spilled by our oppressors).

In Europe we had a lot of parties and a lot of movements. the rule is if movement or party splits, splitter fraction is extinguished. It dies slowly and quietly after initial "spark". In my country not single splitter party/fraction is significant enough that can do anything!

You are doing the same. Some of you are pulling toward libertarian party, some are pulling toward anarchy and some are pulling toward "preparing for the end".... Splitters.

Ron Paul laid a plan: Infiltrate party and take over. If you all pull in same direction I dont have doubt that this movement has enough power stamina and strenght to make it. But only if you act together and work together. If you all start pulling on your own side and following your own plan, well excuse my french but "avoir le gueule de bois".

Sad.

EDIT: How did I ended up posting this here....

TheGrinch
06-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Seriously, it was one thing for people to jump the gun speculating like thye know what this means, but for the LP to put out a statement like this, fuck that....

Sounds like they're butt-hurt over the Pauls' wise move to take over the GOP in the two-party dominated system.

I'll still vote libertarian in the fall if Dr. Paul isn't on the head of the ticket, but it will be purely by protest at this point.

mad cow
06-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Bob Barr,They'll never live it down.

farreri
06-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Bob Barr,They'll never live it down.
Even the LP can be tricked every once in a while. Although I'm sure most who nominated Barr did it because they thought it would give the LP ticket more votes. Life can be risky.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Shit. This movement eats their own.

farreri
06-08-2012, 07:34 PM
There goes Johnson with his opportunism.

If Ron doesn't get the nomination, and it looks like he won't, I would have considered Johnson. But, he tried to poach on this movement and pulled shit like this last press release way too many times.

Jump in the lake, Johnson. I'll leave the slot blank before I vote for you.
Link to Johnson's opportunism?

ronpaulfollower999
06-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Even the LP can be tricked every once in a while. Although I'm sure most who nominated Barr did it because they thought it would give the LP ticket more votes. Life can be risky.

And now they think the same with Johnson.

Its not going to work, just like it didn't work in 2008.

realtonygoodwin
06-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Huh. My separate thread, in a different subforum, about a different article got buried in here.

Funny how that kind of stuff keeps happening.

Badger Paul
06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
"Interesting also that the LP was so eager to jump on this. Talk about politics.... "

True, but wise politics for an LP looking to get some traction this election year.

Intoxiklown
06-08-2012, 09:28 PM
It's amazing how many people are trying to pick up this group (Ron Paul supporters) of people in the wake of what is going on. I for one, will get the facts before I make any decisions about anything. And I wouldn't vote for Gary Johnson if he paid me to.

So...

Dear Libertarian party members....

please go to your own forums, instead of whoring for support here.

kthnxbye

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Maybe we should write in Bob Barr instead.

LOL. That's what I was thinking. Now the LP is making themselves look like vultures. They're losing credibility faster than Rand.

Xhin
06-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Barrex has a good point, and I've been saying this from the beginning -- if we don't unite behind a single strategy, this movement will come apart at the seams. So let's take November for example. Let's assume Ron Paul isn't on any ticket whatsoever (I'm still banking on him being a dark horse in tampa, but this is a hypothetical). Right now the opinions are:

1. Vote for Romney because he's not as bad as Obama.
2. Vote for Obama because he's worse than Romney so this country will collapse quicker; Vote for Obama so we have a shot in 2016 instead of 2020 or 2024; Vote for Obama to punish the GOP.
3. Vote for Gary Johnson because he's the closest thing to a Ron Paul running.
4. NOBP! NOBP!
5. Fuck this election. I'm not voting for the lesser of two evils again.

Right now the Ron Paul supporters carry about 15% of the vote (give or take; it's hard to really know for sure). We are principled. We do not compromise. Therefore we have the ability to powerfully make history at this election, or to literally be the deciding factor in between Obama and Romney. However the problem is, if we do not unite behind a single option, our power is completely gone.

Even if we're banking on Ron Paul winning in Tampa, We must come up with a unified backup plan.

Also, We must come up with a unified strategy for going forward.

The failure to have unity will lead to a second disaster like the Tea Party, or OWS, or any short-lived movement quickly infiltrated by the establishment. Together we stand, divided we fall.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-08-2012, 10:33 PM
Even if we're banking on Ron Paul winning in Tampa,

I'd like to hear a lot of loud boos in Tampa, myself.

Xhin
06-08-2012, 10:56 PM

Spite and revenge will also help destroy this movement.

RP Supporter
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I'll likely be voting for Gary Johnson, but I can't see myself joining the Libertarian party. Even assuming Rand Paul is a total neocon and sell out(And I'm not convinced he completely is, though I'm deeply disappointed) We still have gotten Amash and Massie (hopefully) elected as Republicans. That would not have been possible as Libertarians, no matter how good they were.

I don't hate the Libertarian party. It's a good pressuring tool, and I'm glad I can protest vote against the two sucky major candidates. But the facts of our system prove that if we want to get people elected, they need to be in one of the major parties, or at least very very rich.

Anti Federalist
06-08-2012, 11:56 PM

That will not be permitted.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Spite and revenge will also help destroy this movement.

It's neither spite, nor revenge. It's vocal disapproval. I practice it in daily life as needed, although the communication is usually a bit more personal and sophisticated.

I also give vocal approval in daily life. Same thing... I do it with words instead of clapping at people. In large groups, it usually takes the form of clapping or booing.

That will not be permitted.

It might not be televised, but I think they're gonna have a hard time stopping it if Romney stands up there cheerleading wars and police state measures.

Anti Federalist
06-09-2012, 12:41 AM
It might not be televised, but I think they're gonna have a hard time stopping it if Romney stands up there cheerleading wars and police state measures.

Possibly.

But Ron himself sent out an email the other day disapproving of that.

If delegates get the slightest bit out of hand, SWAT will be standing by for an immediate arrest and removal.

Yay, freedom.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-09-2012, 12:50 AM
But Ron himself sent out an email the other day disapproving of that.

If delegates get the slightest bit out of hand, SWAT will be standing by for an immediate arrest and removal.

That's the nature of things. Ron says and does what he thinks he needs to, and the rest of us do and say what we think we need to. If the RNC wants to arrest their own delegates, they'll just be further exposing themselves for what they are. People take trips to jail for much lesser pursuits every day.

ican'tvote
06-09-2012, 12:53 AM
I will never become a member of the Libertarian Party. They're a bunch of hypocrites. "Rand Paul Betrays His Father’s Principles, Endorses Mitt Romney" Could be substituted with: "Libertarians Betray Their Principles, Nominate Bob Barr".
If they were serious about liberty they would have infiltrated the republicans long ago; instead of being a platform for moderate conservatives to go on presidential ego trips.

libertarian4321
06-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Interesting also that the LP was so eager to jump on this. Talk about politics....

So you are shocked that a political party is getting involved with politics?

Seems to me that the Libertarian Party is doing exactly what it should do with a gaffe like this.

In any event, Gary Johnson is clearly the best of the 3 candidates on the ballot, so I will be voting for him. I'm glad I'll have a good candidate to vote for, unlike in 2008, when there were 3 bad candidates on the ballot. At least the Libertarians corrected the Barr/WAR error- the GOP keeps on nominating bad candidates, year after year after year.