PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Is Still My Homie

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 03:01 PM
This member said it best so I will quote them:

Rand Paul is doing what's best for the future of the movement. This is something he has to do in order to stay relevant in the party. Rand didn't all the sudden become a sell out or throw away his life time views on liberty and freedom. You have to know Ron Paul raised his kids smarter and better than that. When you can't beat em the right way, trick them and beat them their way.

The only difference between Ron and Rand is Rand is playing the game by their rules because its the best chance we have to win.

How do you think Ron Paul feels about this endorsement? You think he is upset with Rand or supports him on his decision? If Ron supports him and we trust Ron then we should too. That doesn’t mean we have to support Romney.

I am objective enough to know what Rand is doing. It has been documented that Ron and his insiders have groomed Rand for this role for a long time. Rand is our insider and sometimes he has to do things that don't look that great. Look at him during this interview, you can tell it’s painful.

Rand is outsmarting the establishment. He was groomed by Ron Paul for this. I support Rand 100% on this because I trust Ron Paul. To say that you don't trust Rand is to say that you don't trust Ron.

Rand is doing what Ron and his people have been grooming him to do. I don't exactly like it either, but you have to play the game to win it. If Rand is going to run for president in 2016 without the treatment that Ron has gotten in 2008/12 then this is how he has to do it. He has to get in good with the mainstream GOP. I have full confidence in Rand. He is our trojan horse. The liberty movement will die when Ron retires if we keep lynching our own over every little thing. We are trying to take over the GOP and move this country back in the right direction. Rand is doing this the way Ron wants him to do it, so if you disagree with Rand, then you disagree with Ron.

I for one don't believe we will make it to 2016 without martial law being declared and the police state being fully put in place, unless Ron is elected now. But just in case some miracle happens we have to have a plan in place.

One thing I want to make sure everybody realizes: We can't sit around and wait until 2016. We have to work from right now onward to elect our own people locally and at the state level and in 2014 we need to come out with the same energy and passion for the liberty candidates running for congress that we have for Ron this year.

We are going to destroy ourselves with all this infighting and lynching our own at every opportunity. We have to have patience with our liberty people in congress. Let's see how this plays out. We might not like it, but this is politics, you have to play the game to win it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4bijuD4evpc

Aratus
06-08-2012, 03:31 PM
coooooooooool

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 03:35 PM
coooooooooool

Score! I got one really elongated word as a reply :p

Danke
06-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Everyone is your homie, dude.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 03:46 PM
Everyone is your homie, dude.

I'm pretty laid back and easy to get along with. It's only natural that I would have 8 billion homies :D

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Translation: "Rand is kissing the Party's ass, we should fall in line too!"

No thanks.

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty laid back and easy to get along with. It's only natural that I would have 8 billion homies :D
Hope you're in my cell block in the FEMA camps. I've got dibs on AF and donnay as cellmates.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 03:56 PM

No thanks.

Not at all. I don't support Romney. And nobody here should either.

Danke
06-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Hope you're in my cell block in the FEMA camps. I've got dibs on AF and donnay as cellmates.

I understand your "dibs on AF" part, but why donnay?

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 03:57 PM

If they're your cellmates I will be too. No way am I missing out on that epicness.

PatriotOne
06-08-2012, 03:58 PM
+ rep JFK. Glad to hear you you see the forest through the tree's. I am surprised by some of the supporter's that I usually admire around here that don't see this for what it is. I'm just hoping it is temporary venting of frustration and they'll be back to help with the 2016 win. It would be a shame if they aren't part of it since they put their hard efforts in for the past several yrs! It would be like quitting a football team the season before they win the Superbowl :D.

dannno
06-08-2012, 03:59 PM
I agree:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379874-Rand-Paul-An-Idea-Whose-Time-Has-Come

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
+ rep JFK. Glad to hear you you see the forest through the tree's. I am surprised by some of the supporter's that I usually admire around here that don't see this for what it is. I'm just hoping it is temporary venting of frustration and they'll be back to help with the 2016 win. It would be a shame if they aren't part of it since they put their hard efforts in for the past several yrs! It would be like quitting a football team the season before they win the Superbowl :D.

Exactly. Lots of great members here have put in huge amounts of effort in 2008/12. We will need it again in 2016. And before that we will need it in local and state elections 2013-15.

matt0611
06-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I still like Rand Paul. Best Senator we have had in a long long time.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I agree:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?379874-Rand-Paul-An-Idea-Whose-Time-Has-Come

If you haven't checked out this thread yet please do so ^

John F Kennedy III
I still like Rand Paul. Best Senator we have had in a long long time.

I agree.

psi2941
with ur logic if everyone has to play the game y don't i play with the game with obmney?

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:06 PM
with ur logic if everyone has to play the game y don't i play with the game with obmney?

Or, you know, you could say something that makes sense.

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 04:08 PM
deleted.

dannno
06-08-2012, 04:08 PM

No thanks.

No, no, no, no.... that's not what the OP is saying at all.

I'm not going to support Romney, I won't support the GOP and I won't vote for a Romney/Rand ticket... BUT I do support Rand supporting Romney if it helps propel his political career. It may be the best strategy for him, and others who can make their way into the establishment.

It's not for everyone.

Check this out:

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 04:09 PM
If they're your cellmates I will be too. No way am I missing out on that epicness.
You'll probably have to bribe a guard.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:11 PM

I'm not going to support Romney, I won't support the GOP and I won't vote for a Romney/Rand ticket... BUT I do support Rand supporting Romney if it helps propel his political career. It may be the best strategy for him, and others who can make their way into the establishment.

It's not for everyone.

Check this out:

This ^

PatriotOne
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM

Because. That's what politicians have to do, not their supporters ;).

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
You'll probably have to bribe a guard.

I'll let the guard have a couple turns with you. I'm sure Danke won't mind ;)

dannno
06-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Because you aren't in position to propel your political career by supporting them.

Butchie
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM

Alright, I'll bite, and I'm not being sarcastic, I'm seriously asking: Many of us at some point or another, or at several points have raised doubts about this or that, we are always told this is "defeatist" talk, there's some master plan we can't see. Not attacking Romney was part of the master plan, losing states was part of the master plan, Bentons letter 2 weeks ago was part of this plan - the plan to do what exactly? Psyche out the GOP?

Do they appear to be the one's that are being demoralized or do we? Since I turned 18 those many years ago I've had people tell me "We have to do X to get Y", yet it seems X is always given up but we never get the Y. So when is this "plan" that us poor dumb fools can't see going to kick into gear?

Palmetto2012
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
How about Bloomberg? Is he your homie too? Rand likes statists like Romney who want to mandate how you live. I think Bloomberg should be your homie too.

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I'll let the guard have a couple turns with you. I'm sure Danke won't mind ;)
Only if it's one of those female guards I've heard good things about. :cool:

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:18 PM
How about Bloomberg? Is he your homie too? Rand likes statists like Romney who want to mandate how you live. I think Bloomberg should be your homie too.

Gotta love how the haters make shit up.

torchbearer
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM

No thanks.

we don't follow leaders, we each have a role to play in the revolution.
Rand is playing his role. what is yours?

ProIndividual
06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
If you have to be a sophist and suck up to the establishemnt to get ahead then I don't want anything to do with you. What else will you do to get ahead? How many votes will you cast in their favor on Bills that get people killed? Ron said it best when he said we should NEVER compromise, but instead build coalitions on topics we agree on. If you don't agree, say so. Stop being a sophist Rand...it's almost as bad as nationalism and statism.

Saying it's a good strategy to further his career seems to me to totally make an excuse for how dishonest and sell-outish it is. I could kiss ass in my career to get ahead to, but I have dignity that prevents it. Pride is not dignity. You should swallow your pride, you should never give up your dignity. Either Rand is giving up his dignity, or he agrees with these clowns and you guys are weaving a conspiracy theory to try and deny it to yourselves.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Only if it's one of those female guards I've heard good things about. :cool:

Like her?

http://thehostages.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/strong_muscular_women_sw201.jpg

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 04:26 PM
If you have to be a sophist and suck up to the establishemnt to get ahead then I don't want anything to do with you. What else will you do to get ahead? How many votes will you cast in their favor on Bills that get people killed? Ron said it best when he said we should NEVER compromise, but instead build coalitions on topics we agree on. If you don't agree, say so. Stop being a sophist Rand...it's almost as bad as nationalism and statism.

Saying it's a good strategy to further his career seems to me to totally make an excuse for how dishonest and sell-outish it is. I could kiss ass in my career to get ahead to, but I have dignity that prevents it. Pride is not dignity. You should swallow your pride, you should never give up your dignity. Either Rand is giving up his dignoty, or he agrees with these clowns and you guys are weaving a conspiracy theory to try and deny it to yourselves.

Goodluck voting third party or not at all and never in the rest of your life having a candidate to support who even has a prayer of getting elected president.

PatriotOne
06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
So when is this "plan" that us poor dumb fools can't see going to kick into gear?

Maybe you haven't been around this movement for the past 5 yrs like me. From my perspective, we are winning. We have started from almost nothing and are now the most feared contingency in the GOP establishment. The plan was to win the Presidency but it just wasn't going to happen this time and RP is trying to be as honest as he can with us without giving up the power the movement has gained. People like Benton and Wead and Hunter, etc., were just the messengers. And like most messengers of bad news, they became the target of the supporters.

The plan is simple....keep going. We are gaining yardage everyday and getting close to the goalpost. Ron is passing the football to Rand and he is doing what he has to do to be a contender. That is his job. Our job is to understand and to carry on with what we do best. Fight tooth and nail for 2016. This is no time to give up. We are so close. We really, really are. Just be patient and plod ahead. We are going to make history and change the course of humanity. I'm so excited I could burst. I wouldn't miss being part of 2016 for nothing. I'm going all in :D.

Danke
06-08-2012, 05:17 PM
*Snip*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl7QDynBU28

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Maybe you haven't been around this movement for the past 5 yrs like me. From my perspective, we are winning. We have started from almost nothing and are now the most feared contingency in the GOP establishment. The plan was to win the Presidency but it just wasn't going to happen this time and RP is trying to be as honest as he can with us without giving up the power the movement has gained. People like Benton and Wead and Hunter, etc., were just the messengers. And like most messengers of bad news, they became the target of the supporters.

The plan is simple....keep going. We are gaining yardage everyday and getting close to the goalpost. Ron is passing the football to Rand and he is doing what he has to do to be a contender. That is his job. Our job is to understand and to carry on with what we do best. Fight tooth and nail for 2016. This is no time to give up. We are so close. We really, really are. Just be patient and plod ahead. We are going to make history and change the course of humanity. I'm so excited I could burst. I wouldn't miss being part of 2016 for nothing. I'm going all in :D.

This. I'm all in too and look forward to maxing out to Rand's 2016 presidential campaign.

Butchie
06-08-2012, 05:27 PM

That's not what's happening, and just so you know I actually gave up on Ron getting the Presidency about 3months ago, I realized he really didn't even want to be Pres or if he did he wasn't willing to do what needed to be done, so I said fine, I'm OK just becoming a delegate, letting others do the same, and then we were winning states, taking over state party's, Massie got the nod, and just as our momentum was really going, here comes Jesse accussing us of being the "disruptive" one's and telling us to cool it, oh, but be sure to give us more money in the next moneybomb ofcourse.

I was all for them letting people know the truth, but branding us as the troublemakers when it was our people being cheated and even physically assaulted and arrested? You think that was just a "messenger delivering bad news?". As for Rand, well that's been talked to death, but I see nothing good coming of it, there is no deal from Romney or the GOP that will ever be honored and anyone who thinks it will hasn't been paying attention.

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Like her?

Exactly! :D

PatriotOne
06-08-2012, 05:51 PM
there is no deal from Romney or the GOP that will ever be honored and anyone who thinks it will hasn't been paying attention.

That part I agree with. It isn't Romney we are after. It's the GOP Republican base.

Agorism
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
This. I'm all in too and look forward to maxing out to Rand's 2016 presidential campaign.

So if Rand Paul supports Romney, and Romney immediately bomb Iran and Rand Paul won't admit he made a mistake, will you still be supporting Rand Paul in 2016?

PatriotOne
06-08-2012, 05:59 PM

I'm getting myself in a position now to where I am going to have more time on my hands to devote not only my $ but my time also. Not sure where I am going to fit in yet, but I'll be working in the trenches somewhere. Washington State is in the bag for Rand in 2016 :p.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 06:06 PM
So if Rand Paul supports Romney, and Romney immediately bomb Iran and Rand Paul won't admit he made a mistake, will you still be supporting Rand Paul in 2016?

Hell no. He better call Romney out if that happens. Which it will, be it Obama or Romney. No, I'll jump ship if we attack Iran and he cheerleads it. There's a difference between playing the game and being a shill for the neocons.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm getting myself in a position now to where I am going to have more time on my hands to devote not only my $ but my time also. Not sure where I am going to fit in yet, but I'll be working in the trenches somewhere. Washington State is in the bag for Rand in 2016 :p.

Nice :D It's starting to look like I'll be living in New York or Oregon by then.

Agorism
06-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Hell no. He better call Romney out if that happens. Which it will, be it Obama or Romney. No, I'll jump ship if we attack Iran and he cheerleads it. There's a difference between playing the game and being a shill for the neocons.

Ya, it's very depressing.

We're in position to win Iowa easily in 2016, and Rand Paul could destroy the movement before we even get there.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 06:31 PM

We're in position to win Iowa easily in 2016, and Rand Paul could destroy the movement before we even get there.

Depends on what he does. So far he is only working to advance the movement. I'm keeping an eye on him like everyone else is. Ron Paul legitimately won Iowa and other states at the beginning and they rigged it. If Rand can make himself look better to the establishment maybe that won't happen to him. Then he can be Ron in the White House. But you have to play the game to get there.

Humanae Libertas
06-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Rand showing his true colors. I was always skeptical of him...

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 06:54 PM

:rolleyes:

Go vote for Gary Johnson then.

Beorn
06-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm finding many of the people who are upset with Rand are also the people who tend to make a big issue of how logical and objective they are in their political beliefs and assessments. The reality is that those people are simply blind to the way emotions affect them. Thus, when they rend their clothes and call Rand a traitor, disowning him forever, they have no idea how emotional they're being.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Not at all. I don't support Romney. And nobody here should either.

Rand, not u

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Me too.

AuH20
06-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm finding many of the people who are upset with Rand are also the people who tend to make a big issue of how logical and objective they are in their political beliefs and assessments. The reality is that those people are simply blind to the way emotions affect them. Thus, when they rend their clothes and call Rand a traitor, disowning him forever, they have no idea how emotional they're being.

And the most amusing aspect of their spontaneous distaste for Rand is coming from a distant perspective. They have no insight or first-hand attribution into why Rand did this. It's kind of like watching a football game from your couch at home and attacking a playcall without actually being on the field. It's very amateurish to say the least.

angelatc
06-08-2012, 07:24 PM
I gave you plus rep instead of the elongated word.

angelatc
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM
:rolleyes:

Go vote for Gary Johnson then.

I think lots of people who support Rand but not Romney will vote for Johnson.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
06-08-2012, 07:32 PM
And the most amusing aspect of their spontaneous distaste for Rand is coming from a distant perspective. They have no insight or first-hand attribution into why Rand did this. It's kind of like watching a football game from your couch at home and attacking a playcall without actually being on the field. It's very amateurish to say the least.

My insight is clear. Rand is doing this for political reasons. At the end of the day he doesn't have the courage or the back bone his father has. Or maybe, just maybe, he has different beliefs. Maybe he believes political gains outweighs philosophical beliefs. Im not brushing my hands with Rand, lets just say Im watching closely. Watching what he says, watching the way he votes. I like most hopes Rand would be the future of the liberty movement and be the one that would deliver the keys to the chains we wear, I hope he still is. But if he is just another "Say what I gotta say to keep my position, and maybe get a few treats for those liberty doo doo heads" I cant roll with it.

jj-
06-08-2012, 07:37 PM
My insight is clear. Rand is doing this for political reasons. At the end of the day he doesn't have the courage or the back bone his father has. Or maybe, just maybe, he has different beliefs. Maybe he believes political gains outweighs philosophical beliefs.

There are lots of maybes and they show that you're really gambling with Rand. I have no desire to do that. I know some people can ignore the past and rationalize all kind of things, maybe my cheating girlfriend changed, maybe my friend won't stab me in the back next time, maybe Rand Paul's vote for an act of war against Iran (his vote for sanctions) was he just playing 3D-chess. Or maybe he will actually not be able to achieve anything for all the compromises he made. Or maybe he doesn't believe in the importance of not having a war with Iran.

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice :D It's starting to look like I'll be living in New York or Oregon by then.

You're moving out of your FEMA region? Do you have the proper documentation, permits, and paid your federal relocation fee? What about your homies AF and donnay?:D

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
You're moving out of your FEMA region? Do you have the proper documentation, permits, and paid your federal relocation fee? What about your homies AF and donnay?:D

LOL! I really want to move to New Hampshire. But circumstances keep working against it...

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Hell no. He better call Romney out if that happens. Which it will, be it Obama or Romney. No, I'll jump ship if we attack Iran and he cheerleads it. There's a difference between playing the game and being a shill for the neocons. Has he called Romney out on his (Mittens') support for the current illegal occupations?

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
LOL! I really want to move to New Hampshire. But circumstances keep working against it...Reported.

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Before or after they cede from the State? Not sure if all of us can fit on there when that happens. Have you heard of those floating oil-rig communities? Then there's the Law of the Sea Treaty problem. Then again, we're under admiralty law here already anyways. Decisions...decisions....

mad cow
06-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I donated $500 to Rand in 2010.So far,I have gotten more return on that money than any of the 5 figures I have donated to politicians in the last 25 years including Ron Paul for President who got over half of it.He is the best Senator by far in the Senate,#1 out of 100,The best in at least 50 years.
Good Lord,there are other Senators y'all could bitch and moan about,99 of them in fact.When,by his actions,he drops down to 10th or 20th best,I might support a candidate to run against him,but only if the new guy was even more libertarian and had a chance of winning.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-08-2012, 10:45 PM

I'm not going to support Romney, I won't support the GOP and I won't vote for a Romney/Rand ticket...

I don't see it happening, but the best outcome for us would likely be a Romney/Rand loss. I wouldn't vote for that ticket, either. But it would raise Rand's profile.

As far as whether we can make it to 2016 without some horrible shit going down, I don't know. I felt the same way in 2008, and we're all still here. Sure, things are getting even more police statish, but we're still here.

dillo
06-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Rand is still by far the least fascist out of the entire senate

Indy Vidual
06-09-2012, 12:19 AM
Like her?

Her name is Lola, l-o-l-a, Lola. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXmMMSo47s

Anti Federalist
06-09-2012, 12:44 AM
///

LibertyEagle
06-09-2012, 12:51 AM

Rand's endorsement was a catalyst, yes. But, when people realized that Ron Paul was not going to win the nomination, they were going to find something else to go berserk over.

It's not Rand destroying the movement. It's some of the people in it, who are doing that.