View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul on CNN's Newsroom with Don Lemon 06/08/12

Jarg
06-08-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5go45SFl4Hg

just watch this im disgusted he is no ron paul he is opposite hes a fake

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Gotta love all of these noobs throwing around insults like they know what they're talking about. It would surprise me if any of these Rand haters have ever done anything politically, or ever affected any change in their own backyards. Now I know why Rand is antagonistic sometimes with these keyboard warriors.

CaptUSA
06-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Gotta love all of these noobs throwing around insults like they know what they're talking about. It would surprise me if any of these Rand haters have ever done anything politically, or ever affected any change in their own backyards. Now I know why Rand is antagonistic sometimes with these keyboard warriors.Exactly...

What's with all the new posters getting all pissed off? I suspect RPF is being over-run in order to spark discord in the liberty movement. This is really sad.

Belief in individual liberty is not about making sure everyone uses their liberty in your preferred manner. Rand chose to use his in a way you don't like... So what? He's still got the best record in the Senate.

psi2941
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
so i'm a new poster?

-btw FU RAND

green73
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
OP is a troll:

AmericanEagle: most of Pauls supporters are either potheads meth heads or ****

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375074-**NEVADA**-State-Convention-updates-here&p=4401219&viewfull=1#post4401219

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Exactly...

What's with all the new posters getting all pissed off? I suspect RPF is being over-run in order to spark discord in the liberty movement. This is really sad.

Belief in individual liberty is not about making sure everyone uses their liberty in your preferred manner. Rand chose to use his in a way you don't like... So what? He's still got the best record in the Senate.

Yes. Each one of us has to decide how we are going to bring liberty to our life and to our children's life and limit this evil treacherous government from enslaving us with debt and regulations. Some people, like Rand, are going to act as bridges from the freedom movement to the still-sleeping establishment. This is okay and still acceptable imo.

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
OP is a troll:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375074-**NEVADA**-State-Convention-updates-here&p=4401219&viewfull=1#post4401219

Not surprising. Probably a teenager on his parents computer.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 02:24 PM
FUCKING SOLID INTERVIEW.

vechorik
06-08-2012, 02:28 PM
In my state, the GOP and Libertarians joined to support RP and vowed to stay together to work within the GOP, etc.
Seems the Libertarians are using the Rand-attack in an attempt to get GOP people over to the Libertarian side.
Fortunately, most see through that vain attempt.

NoOneButPaul
06-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Yes. Each one of us has to decide how we are going to bring liberty to our life and to our children's life and limit this evil treacherous government from enslaving us with debt and regulations. Some people, like Rand, are going to act as bridges from the freedom movement to the still-sleeping establishment. This is okay and still acceptable imo.

Ron's the tank!

The fact is he reached a river he couldn't cross and now his son is going to lay down the bridge for all of us.

I don't like Rand, never really have, will not vote for Romney with him on the ticket (We should all be writing in Ron btw) but to suggest he's a traitor for trying to advance our cause in a different fashion is insane.

Bastiat's The Law
06-08-2012, 02:58 PM
CNN loves carrying water for Obama don't they? God they're awful.

Beorn
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
The interviewer said: "you people"

What does he mean by, "You People"?

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
The interviewer said: "you people"

What does he mean by, "You People"?

Thas Raciss

Inkblots
06-08-2012, 03:07 PM
I thought that was a rather good interview. Rand is really laying the groundwork for the next phase of our movement's effort to take over the GOP, and that makes me very excited.

Inkblots
06-08-2012, 03:08 PM
CNN loves carrying water for Obama don't they? God they're awful.

Lucky for us, their efforts are so transparent they're trying to carry that water using a sieve.

papitosabe
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
Rand did this to his own father...to his fathers supporters... its not like this was some average presidential candidate... he could have waited until after the convention...and he could have done it on another show, NOT friggin Hannity!!! thats what I think most are pissed off about, the way he did it... this whole think stinks..

AuH20
06-08-2012, 03:12 PM
Rand did this to his own father...to his fathers supporters... its not like this was some average presidential candidate... he could have waited until after the convention...and he could have done it on another show, NOT friggin Hannity!!! thats what I think most are pissed off about, the way he did it... this whole think stinks..

He helped run his father's campaign 5 years ago!!!! Rand did this with his father's blessing. Don't be ignorant.

Sola_Fide
06-08-2012, 03:13 PM

Nah. The best thing he could have done was to do this on Hannity.

romacox
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
I am not quite sure what to think about Rand Paul at this time...traitor or bridge.

But, to win the nomination in the first round, Romney has to have at least 1114. This article says he has 1395 (more than enough). Is that true, and was it only because of delegates stolen from Ron Paul? If it is true, than it is an indication that Rand is a bridge as some have said here.

In any case, I am very proud of the persistence of Ron Paul supporters, because it is not just about one man. It is about the message. Thanks to all of you who stood up to the establishment. Most Tea Party groups have caved, and are now part of the establishment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/primary-election-results-2012/scorecard.shtml?party=R

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Ron's the tank!

The fact is he reached a river he couldn't cross and now his son is going to lay down the bridge for all of us.

I don't like Rand, never really have, will not vote for Romney with him on the ticket (We should all be writing in Ron btw) but to suggest he's a traitor for trying to advance our cause in a different fashion is insane.

Great analogy. :)

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 03:49 PM

I don't like the timing, either. But, I don't have all the facts. Do YOU? No.

Remember that other time when he went on Hannity to announce his endorsement of Ron Paul.

He goes on Hannity's show, because those are the listeners he is trying to talk to. NOT US.

Man, people. The ease at which you turn on people is shocking. You don't need details, you just bite off the damn person's head.

There is plenty of time to throw Rand in the moat. How about holding your tongue until we see how this plays out? In the meantime, nothing has changed. We still have what Ron asked us to do... to get our folks in leadership positions in the GOP, across the nation. We have made a good start, but we have much more to do. We also have a number of liberty candidates running for office who need our help.

romacox
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM

Remember that other time when he went on Hannity to announce his endorsement of Ron Paul.

He goes on Hannity's show, because those are the listeners he is trying to talk to. NOT US.

Man, people. The ease at which you turn on people is shocking. You don't need details, you just bite off the damn person's head.

There is plenty of time to throw Rand in the moat. How about holding your tongue until we see how this plays out? In the meantime, nothing has changed. We still have what Ron asked us to do... to get our folks in leadership positions in the GOP, across the nation. We have made a good start, but we have much more to do. We also have a number of liberty candidates running for office who need our help.

Well said

matt0611
06-08-2012, 04:05 PM

This x1000. I'm glad there are others around here who are speaking some reason.

psi2941
06-08-2012, 04:11 PM
yea okk... keep defending another rank and file republican all u mindless sheeps sound like "how romney is soooooo much better then obama."

maybe if u keep telling your self a lie it will be true? i never liked rand paul, search my post on this forum since 2010. i'll was bashing him then but i stop bashing him because people on this forum asked me to give him a chance to prove himself (i agreed) now i gave him a chance and i know his just another rank and file.

its really funny how u rand paul defenders sound soo much alike romney supporters defending romney. its just funny.

the best argument u guys can come back with is, his the best sentor we ever had! so back to the lesser of two evils argument.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 04:17 PM

That interview was SEVERELY edited.

And no he is not the opposite of Ron Paul. What an idiotic statement.

Justinfrom1776
06-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Nah. The best thing he could have done was to do this on Hannity.

I agree.. Hannity's audience is precisely who we need to do a better job courting in 2016.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 04:21 PM
yea okk... keep defending another rank and file republican all u mindless sheeps sound like "how romney is soooooo much better then obama."

maybe if u keep telling your self a lie it will be true? i never liked rand paul, search my post on this forum since 2010. i'll was bashing him then but i stop bashing him because people on this forum asked me to give him a chance to prove himself (i agreed) now i gave him a chance and i know his just another rank and file.

its really funny how u rand paul defenders sound soo much alike romney supporters defending romney. its just funny.

the best argument u guys can come back with is, his the best sentor we ever had! so back to the lesser of two evils argument.

It is political strategy. Judge the man by his votes.

None of us are giving up on our principles. If Rand's voting record starts stinking, we will oust him. But, to turn on him over something as stupid as this is ridiculous.

jkr
06-08-2012, 04:22 PM
wait till september margarette

let
us
all
take
a
breath

RonPaulFanInGA
06-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Your posts today sound unhinged.

papitosabe
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM

I don't have all the facts...but the fact that he did this to his own Father, happened...the fact that he did this to Ron Paul, happened...that fact that he did this to Ron Paul supporters, happened...the fact that he did this on the Hannity show, happened... defend him all you want, but how he did it was unforgiveable...kind of like Lebron James going on ESPN and slapping his Cleveland fans in the face with his announcement... excepts Rand's timing and venue was much much worse... what benefit is there to him doing this...the VP spot? meh, I don't buy that... I'm voting for Gary Johnson, even though that means another 4 yrs of Obama...No chance in hell am I voting for Romney...

matt0611
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't have all the facts...but the fact that he did this to his own Father, happened...the fact that he did this to Ron Paul, happened...that fact that he did this to Ron Paul supporters, happened...the fact that he did this on the Hannity show, happened... defend him all you want, but how he did it was unforgiveable...kind of like Lebron James going on ESPN and slapping his Cleveland fans in the face with his announcement... excepts Rand's timing and venue was much much worse... what benefit is there to him doing this...the VP spot? meh, I don't buy that... I'm voting for Gary Johnson, even though that means another 4 yrs of Obama...No chance in hell am I voting for Romney...

"Did this to Ron Paul ? "

How do you know they didn't discuss this together beforehand?

Liberty74
06-08-2012, 04:43 PM
Mitt has always supported an audit of the FED? Really Rand? I remember Mitt saying that an audit was not necessary during the debate or somewhere when asked.

The co-opting of our movement has already begun just like I predicted. Told you so! Told you so!...

And I supported Rand in 2010 as I am from KY and do support him as a Senator. But this idea that Rand is "playing the game" to secretly advance our movement within the two party criminal system is a delusional belief at best. As long as such system exists, we will always lose. The people will always lose. Oh, don't get me wrong, many of you will get that Chris Matthew's tingle up your leg but in the end that is all you are going to get. Mark my word. The time, energy and money wasted thinking we are going to advance the liberty message by hijacking a party that hates and despises us will actually set us back a generation.

July
06-08-2012, 05:07 PM

It's actually not that bad here. That's why I came over here. The DP has been under vicious attack by teams of trolls, and yes, they've been at it for a while.

Bastiat's The Law
06-08-2012, 05:21 PM

So true. The goals haven't changed. That should be our focus. Not whether or not Rand endorses Romney, or has a rug for hair, or was named after Ayn Rand. :rolleyes:

papitosabe
06-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Mitt has always supported an audit of the FED? Really Rand? I remember Mitt saying that an audit was not necessary during the debate or somewhere when asked. .

i thought i heard the same thing as well...

and regarding sopa, I'd expect Mitt to flip flop on that if he wins...he'll give some bs reason as to why he changed his mind.. time warner, the ones that initiated SOPA, have ties with bain capital ...no conspiracy ..fact.. we all know how the money and handshakes go from one place to another...

http://investors.wmg.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=182480&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=708718&highlight=

ProIndividual
06-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Gotta love all of these noobs throwing around insults like they know what they're talking about. It would surprise me if any of these Rand haters have ever done anything politically, or ever affected any change in their own backyards. Now I know why Rand is antagonistic sometimes with these keyboard warriors.

Her voted for sanctions on Iran, an unConstitutional act of war, you sophist member of a cult of personality and nepotism. Yeah, we're the ones who are "haters". Just because we don't support Rand and his sellout status doesn't mean we're "haters" in the liberty movement (which didn't start with Ron Paul, BTW), and doesn't mean we haven't been fighting for liberty in parenting (85% of the solution), in education and conversion of adults (10% of the solution), and in politics (5% of the solution).

But Herp Derps will herp derp, right? Calling people "haters" around here about Rand The Unconstitutional One reminds me of LeBron James supporters calling anyway who criticizes him for his amazing ego and bad sportsmanship "haters". No we aren't "haters" for making observations and calling them out on that shit.

And OP may be a troll, but he's not wrong...see ad hominem in informal logical fallacies.

Agorism
06-08-2012, 07:34 PM
...not that he needs it, but some have suggested that Rand probably discussed it with Ron prior to doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drXbQyfkEUs&feature=youtu.be

Echoes
06-08-2012, 07:35 PM
That's a lie.

These traitors have lost all credibility.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 07:45 PM
That's a lie.

Who are you calling traitors?

PatriotOne
06-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Rand Paul says he endorsed Romney without approval\consultation with Ron Paul

Where are you getting that? I didn't hear Rand say anything like that at all in that clip.

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Being that this is on MSM, and nobody believes anything coming out of Rand's mouth right now anyways, then it must not be important right now.

QueenB4Liberty
06-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't hear that in the clip either. And it was already posted in another forum.

scar
06-08-2012, 08:19 PM
I never liked Rand, and this recent action of his just solidified those feelings. As far as I'm concerned, Rand has lost absolutely all credibility to me. It shows he's a soft balled opportunist with no convictions.

I still have tremendous respect for his father. However I wouldn't hesitate to say the same things to Ron himself if he followed suite. I have allegiance to no one.

r3volution
06-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Who are you calling traitors? alex told him to say that .

ctiger2
06-08-2012, 09:17 PM
That's a lie.

Please go away. You've missed the entire point of Ron's campaign. It's about liberty and inspiring liberty minded individuals to propagate throughout the political system if you didn't know. You're swallowing Alex Jones' propaganda. Alex knows exactly what he's doing. He's attempting to shatter the liberty movement. Alex needs to FO as well.

Libertea Party
06-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Same Stuff. Different Day. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?266613-Seeing-some-new-faces...welcome-to-the-Randwagon!

Brent H
06-08-2012, 09:38 PM
In my opinion, people who believe that Rand Paul is on some top-secret mission to advance liberty are down-right delusional.

If Rand were standing in front of me right now, I would punch his lights out.

AuH20
06-08-2012, 09:40 PM
In my opinion, people who believe that Rand Paul is on some top-secret mission to advance liberty are down-right delusional.

If Rand were standing in front of me right now, I would punch his lights out.

200 posts? And you want to knock him out??:rolleyes:

jj-
06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Where are you getting that? I didn't hear Rand say anything like that at all in that clip.

Agorism probably made it up. He does stuff like that often. As soon as I saw that it was agorism who started the thread, I didn't even bother watching the video, because there was a 50% chance he made it up.

bubbleboy
06-09-2012, 09:10 AM
amazing how far the apple has fallen from the tree.

Romney Loves the Fed. give me a break.

Tod
06-09-2012, 09:19 AM

Rand says one thing and then they play a clip of his Dad saying just the opposite about Romney.

Pretty straightforward. Based on Romney's record, Rand just endorsed a whole lot of things that I can't imagine anyone who is concerned about Liberty would support.

Butchie
06-09-2012, 09:21 AM

Gotta love people like you who think you're so much smarter than the rest of us. So please master, enlighten me here, what "change" is this going to bring about?