PDA

View Full Version : If Delegates are Unbound...why is Ron Paul giving up???

jpoole23
06-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Im new into politics this year, but RP has inspired me.

Now ive been spreading the word doing what i can since the beginning of the GOP race, and now i hear everywhere that Ron Paul has given up. But its NEVER clear, and im not sure what to believe.

To more experienced people in politics, did Ron Paul really give up in the race? or is this another publicity stunt?

Massachusetts
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Believe what your heart tells you. This movement has taught me not to listen to the pundits and mainstream media reports positive or negative. If you think Ron Paul still has a fighting chance, as I do, then keep working hard to make sure you're right.

jpoole23
06-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I wanna believe what i think is true, and im with you i also take everything i hear from mainstream media with a grain of salt.

But i just heard that RP said it himself within 'some' email...but along with everything else i dont know what to believe.

BestVirginia
06-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Well, we'll see what happens in Tampa. Just don't underestimate the GOP to use every trick in the book to make sure their guys wins.

The only thing that would give us a chance is if Romney doesn't have 1144 on the first ballot. I think he will, but it will be interesting to watch nonetheless.

tangent4ronpaul
06-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I keep hoping it's deception. That we are doing better than is being let on.

-t

sailingaway
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I wanna believe what i think is true, and im with you i also take everything i hear from mainstream media with a grain of salt.

But i just heard that RP said it himself withing 'some' email...but along with everything else i dont know what to believe.

he did not say 'giving up' he said he expects to have 200 delegates bound to him and another few hundred delegates, maybe 500 total, and that is not enough to win the nomination. He said he will be fighting for liberty at the RNC. Media which never covers him immediately said he was giving up. Some here read it the same, others as a caution so people aren't let down if what is most likely to occur does, others as a warning we need to step up our game and get more delegates, or convince them at RNC. I expect he WILL be nominated from the floor, and then we'll see. Watch his speech from yesterday which is on the front page and let me know if he is giving up.

(hint: no, he is not)

It would take something out of the ordinary for him to win at this point, but no one else has been nominated from the floor but the 'presumed nominee' since 1976 when Ron was a delegate for Reagan, so that ALONE is out of the ordinary.

And conservatives WILL do business there, which is historic.

in fact, now that that is going to happen, Santorum is jumping on the bandwagon saying HE is going to be pushing delegates for his planks. I expect that means he got money from somewhere, and I suspect it was to head Ron off, and make foreign policy a hard sell. I wonder how he will argue for not declaring war under the constitution, however, in front of delegates told when they voted for him that he was a Constitutionalist. We shall see.

In any event the fight is gearing up, not ending.

DamianTV
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM

But i just heard that RP said it himself withing 'some' email...but along with everything else i dont know what to believe.

Dont believe the Media. They have an Agenda. Dont believe us. Do the research yourself. Thing is, there are a lot of National Ron Paul Delegates on these here forums. And even they dont know how many Delegates we have. Even if you see reports that 22 out of 25 Delegates from Nevada are Ron Paul Delegates, and you were at the Convention when those Delegates were elected, there is no guarantee that we wil get exactly that number. All our Alternates are Romney supporters, and someone might not show. Or a Romney Delegate could decide to vote for Ron Paul. We wont know till the fat lady sings and the votes are cast, but even then we still wont have a comprehensive Delegate breakdown of how many from each state voted for which Candidate.

The mere fact that we have made it this far shows the dedication that our Movement has. We are not in this because of the Politics of Self. We are not about the Presidency of One Man. The One Man carries our Banner. A Message. An Idea. And Ideas are Bulletproof.

CPUd
06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Watch this and you'll see he's a long way from giving up:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23150740

sailingaway
06-08-2012, 01:32 PM

By the way, welcome to the forums!!

romancito
06-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I think Romney just collected 76 million with the easy of a pelican and has probably 5 to 10 times more waiting in the wings.

Ron Paul can scarcely raise 1 million - and does not have a prayer for raising more than 50 million if he would get the nomination. That would be less than 10 percent what Obama can raise in a whiz.

So does that sounds like a good reason for giving up?

ninepointfive
06-08-2012, 02:43 PM
OP: not sure, but it's been quite disappointing and depressing.

Top it all off, Rand endorsed Romney before the RNC is even over with.

tennman
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
I really hope Ron still has a chance.

gerryb
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I really hope Ron still has a chance.

He does and always has - at his goal. Getting more Congress and state house representatives. "Restore Our Republic" isn't just rhetoric. His run was never about becoming president.

DamianTV
06-08-2012, 04:53 PM
I think Romney just collected 76 million with the easy of a pelican and has probably 5 to 10 times more waiting in the wings.

Ron Paul can scarcely raise 1 million - and does not have a prayer for raising more than 50 million if he would get the nomination. That would be less than 10 percent what Obama can raise in a whiz.

We are going to get in a fight and Im going to beat you up. I think that because I am physically larger than you that I have the ability to beat you up. Howevr, after I beat you up, Im going to go after your family and your friends, and use my physical size to beat each and every one of them up. I'll have to do it one by one because if I try to take you all on at the same time, I wouldnt be able to do what I wanted and get away with it. So lets start fighting. Are you going to just give up right now because I told you that I am larger than you, or did I lie when I said that I am larger than you just as a way to get you to give up now?

The point is that my goal in the aforementioned hypothetical situation would be to get you to give up because that requires less efforts from me to establish a measure of control over you. Give up because I told you to give up. Then you fight with every ounce of strength you have like your life depended on it. Not only because it does, but because the lives of your family and friends are also at stake.

That is when you Fight to the Death.

Crystallas
06-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Sounds like a good reason to keep fighting all of these bought politicians.

Batman
06-08-2012, 06:47 PM
If he downplays his chances then no one can blame him for winning. And if he loses he still exceeded the whole world's expectations. There's only one thing left for his supporters to do now and that's to go down swinging at the convention. Ron and Rand can't afford to let their ideas fizzle out four years later. So they've taken the next steps to begin preparing for the next phase. Whine and moan and cry foul and name call them all you want. They're laying it on the line. If you disagree with them, run for office and maybe you'll be lucky to have their amazing supporters. But if you're not going to, then don't ruin it for everyone else. They've got a lot of work to do still.

DamianTV
06-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Wars are won by Soldiers, not by the words of leadership from the Leaders. We are the Soldiers. And every time someone makes some disparaging remark about Ron Paul not having a chance and Parrots what the MSM has said, it undermines the Confidence of each and every Soldier in the Battle. And cumulatively, that can cost us the War.

When people vote, they vote with the Mentality that they are trying to 'Pick the Winner'. This isnt Gambling. You dont win anything if the Presidential Candidate that relates the most with your own philosophy wins. So when people vote for who they are told to vote for instead of the person they think would do the most good for this country because of excuses like "he doesnt have a chance to win" and vote for the other guy simply based on that statement, it creates more work for the rest of us and sets us back each and every time someone votes that way.

The Bill of Rights enumerates two important Rights that you should consider. The First Amendment which protects your Right to Free Speech and Freedom of Religion. But it also enumerates your Right to Remain Silent. When a person gets involved in Politics, that person needs to know which Right should be used at which time.

Dont fuck it up for the rest of us simply because you believe the Lies of the Main Stream Media. Their Delegate Counts are completely and totally inaccurate. They are biased in order to achieve a purposeful misinterpretation that Romney is already the guaranteed to be the Republican Nominee. In fact, it is probably more important to listen to what the MSM does NOT say. They dare not even mention the name Ron Paul. They try to act like he doesnt exist. And when they do, the only news they present about Ron Paul is spun negatively, in an effort to purpusefully make you misinterpret their lies as the honest to god truth. Its not. But what the MSM does NOT say about Ron Paul is anything about the issues themselves.

Romney is in bed with the MSM. They are propping him up. Some of us even think his own campaign is propping him up so that he can lose to Obama. They know damn well that he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Obama in the Election without the support of the Ron Paul Republicans. And they know damn well we will not offer our support to a pandering money manipulating immoral sociopath. Only Ron Paul has a chance of beating Obama, and they damn well know it. Thus, Romney's entire campaign is a farce. A facade. Its a dog and pony show intended to keep us 'entertained'. They want to maintain the 'Illusion of Choice' while controlling the choices that you make by controlling if your vote even counts.

The goal is not to simply 'Beat Obama'. Nor is it to just stop Romney from being the Republican Nominee, since we are well aware that Romney cant beat Obama. Romney and Obama are simply two heads of an enormous Hydra. Chop off one head and another will immediately take its place. Our goal is to take back our country from every lying sociopathic political sellout. Our goal is to give control of the country back to where it belongs; in the Hands of We the People. There are two ways that it can happen. With Violence, or Without Violence. And every time someone says something idiotic like 'Ron Paul cant win because..." or casts a vote for anyone but Paul, it is a push towards Violence. Either Violence against the people themselves by our Government, or violence against the Government by the People. We dont want Violence. We want to end the violence. The violence towards the People, your children, and other countries. Not every citizen of 'enemy' countries can be considered an 'enemy combatant'. They are the innocents that carry the burden of the Unconsitutional Wars you support. The Wars you support by refusing to support and vote for Ron Paul. These other candidates do not have your best interests in mind. We do. Your future should be in your hands, not regulated by some Government Alphabet Soup Beauracracy, not some Criminal Corporation, not some Nanny State, not some Bank, and absolutely not in the hands of your idiot neighbors that vote for either Romney or Obama, simply so they can continue getting welfare checks at your expense. Our goal is to eliminate the total Facist Control that these many enemy entities have over you. Over what you can say. Over where your kid goes to school. Over the vaccinations that are forced on your kid. Over the food you eat and the air you breathe. The Total Facist Control over every aspect of your life must come to an end or we will all suffer the sacrifice demanded by that small group of dominant men.

Look at how much support Ron Paul gets around the world! He flat out beat every other candidate combined in terms of Military Donations. Citizens of other countries that are considered to be the 'enemy' even support Ron Paul because he would make every effort to end the US Govts interference with their lives. The votes of these people arent going to be counted. The people of the world have stood up to fight tyrannical governments and brought the 'Arab Spring'. The people of the world have realized that Tyranny Means War agains Every Man Woman and Child on Earth. They long for Peace, not Violence. We support and stand behind the ONLY candidate that we feel can bring Peace to the World.

If you lack the Courage of your Convictions to do everything you can to support Ron Paul, then I suggest you exercise your Fifth Amendment Right and dont fuck it up for every person on this planet!

alucard13mmfmj
06-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Still.. the movement has been dealt with several blows within the last 1-2 months.

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Wars are won by Soldiers, not by the words of leadership from the Leaders. We are the Soldiers. And every time someone makes some disparaging remark about Ron Paul not having a chance and Parrots what the MSM has said, it undermines the Confidence of each and every Soldier in the Battle. And cumulatively, that can cost us the War.

When people vote, they vote with the Mentality that they are trying to 'Pick the Winner'. This isnt Gambling. You dont win anything if the Presidential Candidate that relates the most with your own philosophy wins. So when people vote for who they are told to vote for instead of the person they think would do the most good for this country because of excuses like "he doesnt have a chance to win" and vote for the other guy simply based on that statement, it creates more work for the rest of us and sets us back each and every time someone votes that way.

The Bill of Rights enumerates two important Rights that you should consider. The First Amendment which protects your Right to Free Speech and Freedom of Religion. But it also enumerates your Right to Remain Silent. When a person gets involved in Politics, that person needs to know which Right should be used at which time.

Dont fuck it up for the rest of us simply because you believe the Lies of the Main Stream Media. Their Delegate Counts are completely and totally inaccurate. They are biased in order to achieve a purposeful misinterpretation that Romney is already the guaranteed to be the Republican Nominee. In fact, it is probably more important to listen to what the MSM does NOT say. They dare not even mention the name Ron Paul. They try to act like he doesnt exist. And when they do, the only news they present about Ron Paul is spun negatively, in an effort to purpusefully make you misinterpret their lies as the honest to god truth. Its not. But what the MSM does NOT say about Ron Paul is anything about the issues themselves.

Romney is in bed with the MSM. They are propping him up. Some of us even think his own campaign is propping him up so that he can lose to Obama. They know damn well that he doesnt have a snowballs chance in hell of beating Obama in the Election without the support of the Ron Paul Republicans. And they know damn well we will not offer our support to a pandering money manipulating immoral sociopath. Only Ron Paul has a chance of beating Obama, and they damn well know it. Thus, Romney's entire campaign is a farce. A facade. Its a dog and pony show intended to keep us 'entertained'. They want to maintain the 'Illusion of Choice' while controlling the choices that you make by controlling if your vote even counts.

The goal is not to simply 'Beat Obama'. Nor is it to just stop Romney from being the Republican Nominee, since we are well aware that Romney cant beat Obama. Romney and Obama are simply two heads of an enormous Hydra. Chop off one head and another will immediately take its place. Our goal is to take back our country from every lying sociopathic political sellout. Our goal is to give control of the country back to where it belongs; in the Hands of We the People. There are two ways that it can happen. With Violence, or Without Violence. And every time someone says something idiotic like 'Ron Paul cant win because..." or casts a vote for anyone but Paul, it is a push towards Violence. Either Violence against the people themselves by our Government, or violence against the Government by the People. We dont want Violence. We want to end the violence. The violence towards the People, your children, and other countries. Not every citizen of 'enemy' countries can be considered an 'enemy combatant'. They are the innocents that carry the burden of the Unconsitutional Wars you support. The Wars you support by refusing to support and vote for Ron Paul. These other candidates do not have your best interests in mind. We do. Your future should be in your hands, not regulated by some Government Alphabet Soup Beauracracy, not some Criminal Corporation, not some Nanny State, not some Bank, and absolutely not in the hands of your idiot neighbors that vote for either Romney or Obama, simply so they can continue getting welfare checks at your expense. Our goal is to eliminate the total Facist Control that these many enemy entities have over you. Over what you can say. Over where your kid goes to school. Over the vaccinations that are forced on your kid. Over the food you eat and the air you breathe. The Total Facist Control over every aspect of your life must come to an end or we will all suffer the sacrifice demanded by that small group of dominant men.

Look at how much support Ron Paul gets around the world! He flat out beat every other candidate combined in terms of Military Donations. Citizens of other countries that are considered to be the 'enemy' even support Ron Paul because he would make every effort to end the US Govts interference with their lives. The votes of these people arent going to be counted. The people of the world have stood up to fight tyrannical governments and brought the 'Arab Spring'. The people of the world have realized that Tyranny Means War agains Every Man Woman and Child on Earth. They long for Peace, not Violence. We support and stand behind the ONLY candidate that we feel can bring Peace to the World.

If you lack the Courage of your Convictions to do everything you can to support Ron Paul, then I suggest you exercise your Fifth Amendment Right and dont fuck it up for every person on this planet!

/\/\/\/\
THIS
I am currently working on a webbot app which will allow me to +rep this post a thousand times.

jointhefightforfreedom
06-08-2012, 09:29 PM
His run was never about becoming president.

Then We Have All Been Betrayed !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4DdfSGiFs

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Then We Have All Been Betrayed !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX4DdfSGiFs

We were all betrayed the moment we were able to understand the word "free" and told it applied to us. Get a grip.

Angel4Liberty
06-08-2012, 09:41 PM

Standing Ovation, Sir.

I replied with the entire quote on purpose, because I wanted to see it posted again. And I want to be able to retrieve it again sometime. :)

parocks
06-08-2012, 11:57 PM
<s>

We need more delusional thinking.

</s>

Nice to see what the people who live in Fantasy Land - or "Banana Republic of Johnny Chimpo" are thinking about.

parocks
06-09-2012, 12:03 AM
there are a lot of reasons to continue to press forward.

"Ron Paul will win" is not one of those reasons.

A number of really crazy things would have to happen (black swan events) for Ron Paul to win.

But, we could say "I know Romney has to be the nominee, because of bound delegates, and because we don't even have 1144 bound + unbound, but we don't like it one bit. We're here, we can completely destroy your convention if we feel like it, and we won't have a problem in doing it. What will you give us not to do this?

paulbot24
06-09-2012, 12:27 AM
A number of really crazy things would have to happen (black swan events) for Ron Paul to win.

http://www.abarim-publications.com/ChaosTheoryIntroduction.html

Veteran Citizen
06-09-2012, 07:41 AM
/\/\/\/\
THIS
I am currently working on a webbot app which will allow me to +rep this post a thousand times.

Then please re-write the ending before you do. The author has a poor understanding of the 5th amendment. You'll look like a loon to anyone that has read the constitution if you send it out looking like that.

DamianTV
06-09-2012, 07:30 PM
<s>

We need more delusional thinking.

</s>

Nice to see what the people who live in Fantasy Land - or "Banana Republic of Johnny Chimpo" are thinking about.

Nice to know who will betray their principles and is willing to undermine our goals.