PDA

View Full Version : Tancredo's "Terrorism" ad is working. Should RP go that route?

framecut
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
http://www.usadaily.com/article.cfm?articleID=162815

Original video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlAmujhlW2k

Basically Tancredo is doing a riff on LBJ's own scare commercial (Except LBJ was painting Goldwater as too dangerous)

My concern is this: people by nature strongly respond to fear more than they do facts.

Ron Paul might come off as too intellectual in an age of knee-jerk reactionaries.

What seriously needs to be conveyed to the American population is:

a) Ron Paul supports a strong military and even though he would be shutting bases
around the world, he supports a strong Navy (Since the Navy can land bombs/boots
anywhere on a moment's notice).

b) Ron Paul frequently uses the Vietnam metaphor (and I think it's a good one), a 30
second commercial could be made explaining how Iraq/Iran could become the new
Vietnam in terms of the trade/commerce we have with Vietnam of today.

c) Ron Paul is actually the best pro-security candidate because he *strongly* supports
the 2nd amendment, whereupon Americans would be allowed to transport their
weapons across state lines without the current hassle, and how airline companies
would have private armed security aboard planes.

Just a couple of my thoughts. Tancredo is going for extreme. I don't think it's worth
throwing mud at Tancredo and convincing the public that Tancredo is 'too dangerous'.

But Tancredo might cause people to question RP's stance on security.

shrapnel88
11-16-2007, 01:02 PM
tancredo's ad is ridiculous and most people are laughing at him.

Dorfsmith
11-16-2007, 01:05 PM

I agree.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 01:07 PM
That was so over the top it made me laugh.

AdoubleR
11-16-2007, 01:08 PM
what a goofball... can't beleive i gave his site the hit...

Furis
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Tancredos ad is effective, but when he drops out AND HE WILL. Odds are he will endorse Ron, if Ron does well in the first few states; this helps us out a lot.

Starks
How does Tancredo have any money to run an ad?

Jimmy
I always thought Ron Paul should do an ad explaining how civil liberties are being threatened and taken away by new laws now on the books. Subject matter would be very true and very shocking to alot of people and simply target people not in the know...but thats just me.

10thAmendmentMan
Are you kidding me? Did Tancredo really run that commercial?

DrRich
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
How does Tancredo have any money to run an ad?

:D:D:D:D

Ron Paul Fan
11-16-2007, 01:12 PM
He did run it and it's ridiculous. People think it's hilarious, not scary.

shrapnel88
11-16-2007, 01:15 PM
its pure propaganda. the ad practically states"vote for tancredo or be blown up by terrorists."

DealzOnWheelz
11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I personally agree with Tancredo

not on the fact that illegal mexicans are coming to terrorize us but that even if we secure airplane travel the ways to get into mexico are not very regulated thus the terrorists can goto mexico first and then walk across the border. I don't think it is a very far fetched idea

musicmax
11-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Vote for Tancredo or the homeless guy from the "Rockin' In The Free World" video will blow up your K-Mart.

Grandson of Liberty
11-16-2007, 01:25 PM

not the people whose votes we need. . . a.m. talk radio in my neck of the woods (big market l.a./ orange county) was praising it and even had tancredo on to talk about it. one interesting thing during the interview was he basically admitted he wasn't going to win, but wanted to go out with a "bang."

edit: I personally think he makes a good point. Let's face it, no army, air force, or navy in the world is going to touch us. If we get attacked, it's probably going to be by people who waltzed across the border. Just one reason the illegal immigration problem is a huge problem. It's also why the "war on terror" is a joke.

Drknows
11-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Original video:

Basically Tancredo is doing a riff on LBJ's own scare commercial (Except LBJ was painting Goldwater as too dangerous)

My concern is this: people by nature strongly respond to fear more than they do facts.

Ron Paul might come off as too intellectual in an age of knee-jerk reactionaries.

a) Ron Paul supports a strong military and even though he would be shutting bases
around the world, he supports a strong Navy (Since the Navy can land bombs/boots

b) Ron Paul frequently uses the Vietnam metaphor (and I think it's a good one), a 30

c) Ron Paul is actually the best pro-security candidate because he *strongly* supports
weapons across state lines without the current hassle, and how airline companies

Just a couple of my thoughts. Tancredo is going for extreme. I don't think it's worth
throwing mud at Tancredo and convincing the public that Tancredo is 'too dangerous'.

You're joking right?

framecut
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
not the people whose votes we need. . .

I don't get it.

His ad is for Soccer Moms who are scared their kids will get killed at a shopping mall.

So we do need those votes!

Instead, this forum seems to pander to 9/11 truth conspiracists.

Geez...

ButchHowdy
11-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Tancredo is trying to reach out to the last remaining Terro'phile holdouts.

If there's a Boogieman under your bed, just remove the legs . . .

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow, I was laughing so hard after watching that commercial. Classic craptastic work!

framecut
11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
You're joking right?

Just my own personal example but: Last week when I was telling a co-worker about RP, he paused and then replied "Is it that guy who thinks 9/11 was an inside job? A friend of mine who thinks George Bush did 9/11 told me that this Paul guy will get to the bottom of it."

Incase you're wondering, that's why I've been in the HOT TOPICS, telling 9/11 Truthers to go pound sand.

framecut
11-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Wow, I was laughing so hard after watching that commercial. Classic craptastic work!

I don't like the ad, but it's way better than RP's ads.

jamesmadison
11-16-2007, 01:36 PM

Original video:

This guy is a troll.

American
11-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Its pretty funny how we also pick and choose what we believe that being reported in the MSM.

This is the death nail in Tancredos campaign, he knows it, but the Neo Cons will seize this as some sort of confirmation that they were right.

That ad was the worst piece of fiction I have seen since the last Michael Moore movie. Michael Moore reports on Health care, more specifically the insurance industry, and these morons who bought into that go straight for Health care, and forge the overall theme of insurance.

Framecut is a troll and has been a troll in many threads. I think he is one of the 40 people who donated to the Obama's "Big Friday" fund raiser looking for some attention. which I think is at 3 thousand dollars, mind you this has been "planned" since February....LOL

itsnobody
11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Tancredo's ad is highly effective, Ron Paul's ads could use some work...remember you have to think from the perspective of people who don't want open borders, this ad is highly effective...

Ron Paul on the other hand isn't capitalizing on his key points at all, such lame Ads

American
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Tancredo's ad is highly effective, Ron Paul's ads could use some work...remember you have to think from the perspective of people who don't want open borders, this ad is highly effective...

Ron Paul on the other hand isn't capitalizing on his key points at all, such lame Ads

Highly effective? Show me a poll that says his numbers are going up because of that ad...

If anything it will just divide the pro-war vote which is great for the RP campaign.

Mandrik
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't like the ad, but it's way better than RP's ads.

The last thing I want to see RP doing is trying to scare up some votes. I don't care if it worked in the past. That's something most of us are against. We don't need those types of tactics here.

ladyliberty
11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Well if Ron Paul were to do a scary ad (which I do not believe he will )...

He would have to have clips of such incidents as Federal Raids by FBI Agents, a few shots of SWAT teams storming Waco TX and Ruby Ridge, perhaps the gunmen who shoved their machine guns in that little boy from Cuba's face, and intersperse that with some clips of people being tazered for no reason, arrested for no reason, police ripping down signs and roughing up political activitists, scenes of survelleince cameras on every street corner, in every parking lot, in every school hall, on every school bus, etc, etc, etc...

then the caption might read "Tired of Big Brother taking care of you? Vote for Ron Paul" or perhaps "Vote for Ron Paul and end home-grown Terrorism"

framecut
11-16-2007, 02:02 PM

He would have to have clips of such incidents as Federal Raids by FBI Agents, a few shots of SWAT teams storming Waco TX, perhaps the gunmen who shoved their machine guns in that little boy from Cuba's face, and intersperse that with some clips of people being tazered for no reason, arrested for no reason, police ripping down signs and roughing up political activitists, scenes of survelleince cameras on every street corner, in every parking lot, in every school hall, on every school bus, etc, etc, etc...

then the caption might read "Tired of Big Brother taking care of you? Vote for Ron Paul" or perhaps "Vote for Ron Paul and end home-grown Terrorism"

This could work.

Ozwest
11-16-2007, 02:03 PM
This guy is a troll.

+1

Lord Xar
11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
uhmmm.. I liked the ad and thought it was very poignent. In fact, it needed to be said. That is my take. What he did, is it really so far fetched? 20+million illegals will tell you that it is VERY possible............. to easily get into this country.

ladyliberty
11-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I think they did a good job of showing a terrorist as simply a dude wearing jeans and a hoodie - y'all dont think they all wear nothing but turbans and robes do you?

itsnobody
11-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Highly effective? Show me a poll that says his numbers are going up because of that ad...

If anything it will just divide the pro-war vote which is great for the RP campaign.
Well highly effective compared to Ron Paul's ads...

Ron Paul could do so much better....

He would have to have clips of such incidents as Federal Raids by FBI Agents, a few shots of SWAT teams storming Waco TX and Ruby Ridge, perhaps the gunmen who shoved their machine guns in that little boy from Cuba's face, and intersperse that with some clips of people being tazered for no reason, arrested for no reason, police ripping down signs and roughing up political activitists, scenes of survelleince cameras on every street corner, in every parking lot, in every school hall, on every school bus, etc, etc, etc...

Yes, this could work or he could show the value of the dollar falling and instill the fear of a financial crisis

jamesmadison
11-16-2007, 02:31 PM
I think they did a good job of showing a terrorist as simply a dude wearing jeans and a hoodie - y'all dont think they all wear nothing but turbans and robes do you?

I heard the boogie man wears hoodies and sweatpants.