PDA

View Full Version : Printable magnetic sheets, for making your own bumper stickers are cheap!!!!!!

Cindy
11-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I found a pack of 5 8x11 prinatable magnet sheets at Office Depot for 14 bucks yesterday and also found some 5 packs for as low as $6 on line last night.

That makes making your own 8x11 car magnet cost just $1-$3 , a piece. That is CHEAP.

I just downloaded the lawn sign graphic to print on them and they came out GREAT!!!

You can also buy some and place bumper stickers on them, 2 fit on a sheet and cut them out to size, if you would rather use a magnet then sticker for your car.

I just wanted to let you know that Blank printable Magnet sheets are out there for cheap, and it's easy to print a graphic on them, they look good, or place a bumper sticker on them.

No more excuses for not having Ron Paul on your car somwhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sematary
11-16-2007, 12:27 PM
I found a pack of 5 8x11 prinatable magnet sheets at Office Depot for 14 bucks yesterday and also found some 5 packs for as low as $6 on line last night.

That makes making your own 8x11 car magnet cost just $1-$3 , a piece. That is CHEAP.

I just downloaded the lawn sign graphic to print on them and they came out GREAT!!!

You can also buy some and place bumper stickers on them, 2 fit on a sheet and cut them out to size, if you would rather use a magnet then sticker for your car.

I just wanted to let you know that Blank printable Magnet sheets are out there for cheap, and it's easy to print a graphic on them, they look good, or place a bumper sticker on them.

No more excuses for not having Ron Paul on your car somwhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice

ctb619
11-16-2007, 01:01 PM
We tried this and the stickers flew off the car at freeway speeds. We were forced to go with the magnets made specifically for vehicles.

unklejman
11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't print with ink jet unless you feel like cleaning ink off of your car after it rains.

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I found out also one needs special heavy duty blanks to hold on the car plus waterproof ink. I tried spraying them with waterproof UV spray and they still faded in only a couple of weeks.

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

Cindy
11-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I can see the concern about the ink in the rain or sun for too long and super high speeds. Mine stayed on at 66mph.

Most of my driving is local , under 55 and my car is kept in the garage otherwise. I'll take them off for the highway ( thanks for the heads up) The ones I made where I covered them with the bumpper stickers will stay good in rain or sun and the other 3, if they fade out over time, so what, they were only 3 bucks a piece.

Anyone have a link for blank magnets made for cars?

mrd
11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Consider using vinyl. I went to a local craft store, Jo-Ann Fabrics, and purchased a huge sheet of thin, clear vinyl for less than $2. I used some weights to hold it down taught and flat, then I carefully applied a regular bumper sticker. Cut around it, and voila! A static-cling bumper sticker. I made a bunch and swap them every time I wash my car.