PDA

View Full Version : Jack Hunter speaks truth.....

BamaFanNKy
06-07-2012, 11:44 PM
I always thought Ron Paul would not and should not endorse the Republican nominee if it wasn't him. I always thought Rand Paul should and would endorse the nominee, even if it wasn't his father. This reflects not different beliefs, but the different relationships both men have with the party at large, which is also nothing new. Sen. Paul has always said that he'd endorse the nominee. I agree with his decision and would also like to note he only did it once his father conceded. Video soon.

Bravo Jack

Aratus
06-07-2012, 11:46 PM
GOOD! LETs RUN JACK HUNTER IN S.C FOR THE SENATE
IF JIM DEMINT BECOMES PART OF MITT's CABINET OR IS
HIS VEEP. JACK HUNTER TALKs COMMON SENSE Y'ALL!!!

LibertyEagle
06-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah, but it's still upsetting. I understand that. I honestly hate politics. There is so much crap you just have to do, not to be ostracized to the extent that you can have no effect. As long as his votes stay good, I will continue to support him.

Cleaner44
06-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Rand is playing to win in 2016. He will bridge the gap and bring typical republicans back. Remember our goal to bring the gop back to its roots? Rand will make that possible, he will be that piece of the puzzle.

anaconda
06-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Bravo Jack

I agree with Jack Hunter and BamaFanNKy. I see it this way: Rand plays along with the two party charade to exploit it. Ron exposes the two party charade to exploit it. Same goal. Different playbook.

CUnknown
06-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Look -- Rand is still the best in the Senate... so I "support" him I guess ... but I won't any longer donate time or money to his campaign, period. I might not even vote for him after this. This is unforgivable. Romney is the establishment. We have to fight the establishment to win, not get in bed with them!

matt0611
06-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Thank you Jack Hunter for some much needed rationality and realism around here.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 12:14 AM
I agree with Jack Hunter and BamaFanNKy. I see it this way: Rand plays along with the two party charade to exploit it. Ron exposes the two party charade to exploit it. Same goal. Different playbook.

Let me know how the Goldwater movement worked out.

Thanks.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM

Thanks.

You keep asking this. Goldwater got his message in office via Reagan. NEXT!

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 12:18 AM
Look -- Rand is still the best in the Senate... so I "support" him I guess ... but I won't any longer donate time or money to his campaign, period. I might not even vote for him after this. This is unforgivable. Romney is the establishment. We have to fight the establishment to win, not get in bed with them!

Hmmm. Never heard about keeping your enemies close?

Karsten
06-08-2012, 12:26 AM

Reagan gave us the Bushes. NEXT!

ssjevot
06-08-2012, 12:27 AM

Reagan was one of the worst things to happen to liberty in recent history. War on Drugs, aggressive foreign policy, selling out to special interest groups, hell Ron Paul left the GOP over Reagan era policies.

ssjevot
06-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Also I'll post this quote from Ron about Reagan:

On leaving the party, Paul remarked: "Ronald Reagan has given us a deficit ten times greater than what we had with the Democrats. It didn't take more than a month after 1981, to realize there would be no changes."

BamaFanNKy
Yes, who says the Liberty movement will produce Reagan policies?

Those who believe Ron had a shot still have never looked at an electoral map or a campaign email.

LibertyEagle
I just wish people wouldn't have such knee-jerk reactions and would wait and see what unfolds over the next days.

BamaFanNKy
Also I'll post this quote from Ron about Reagan:

On leaving the party, Paul remarked: "Ronald Reagan has given us a deficit ten times greater than what we had with the Democrats. It didn't take more than a month after 1981, to realize there would be no changes."

Yep, Goldwater gave us Reagan and Reagan gave us Ron.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Yep, Goldwater gave us Reagan and Reagan gave us Ron.

Uh, that's not really true.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 12:35 AM

Thanks.

Lol wow. Hater spamming.

Pisces
06-08-2012, 12:35 AM
I think the people that say the Goldwater movement was meaningless are not considering all the bad things that were prevented from happening, or that were at least delayed. Like Agenda 21, for instance, we're having some success defeating it in many areas. I attribute that success more to the JBS and the old-fashioned Goldwater conservatives more than to any other group.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Uh, that's not really true.

He comes out of that movement but, technically no. Still, those who don't realize how Goldwater and Reagan types changed the face of the GOP from the inside miss the point. If we want to change the party you have to adapt. Evolution..... we once all sign waved (well I didn't) and now we must moderate our approach (not principles). Also, people act like all of Ron's endorsements have been Pure.

psi2941
06-08-2012, 12:36 AM
so let me guess this straight, we the "liberty" movement is going loose a guy who doesn't "compromise" and is always a straight shooter for a guy who compromise and spins bullshit and some times play along with the republican party to "fit in" and i'm suppose to be happy with that?

F.U. RAND, I KNEW U WERE A BULLSHITTER IN 2010, NOW I KNOW FOR SURE

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 12:38 AM
so let me guess this straight, we the "liberty" movement is going loose a guy who doesn't "compromise" and is always a straight shooter for a guy who compromise and spins bullshit and some times play along with the republican party to "fit in" and i'm suppose to be happy with that?

F.U. RAND, I KNEW U WERE A BULLSHITTER IN 2010, NOW I KNOW FOR SURE

Rand is trying to be more effective at actually getting things changed, than his father did.

I love Ron, but he was never able to get a bill passed.

Ron paved the way. Let's give Rand a chance.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 12:40 AM

F.U. RAND

Ron never compromises? This is where sometimes the myth is so big people don't want to look at facts.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 12:42 AM
The blind illogical hatred for Rand is strong tonight.

MJU1983
06-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Rand is trying to be more effective at actually getting things changed, than his father did.

I love Ron, but he was never able to get a bill passed.

Ron paved the way. Let's give Rand a chance.

I think we gave him a chance by giving money, time, and effort to get him elected...then he does things, says things, endorses things, and votes for things that leaves you scratching your head or defending him. He's no Ron Paul, or Justin Amash for that matter. I'll let Kentucky worry about Rand, I don't care for him.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 12:45 AM
I think we gave him a chance by giving money, time, and effort to get him elected...then he does things, says things, endorses things, and votes for things that leaves you scratching your head or defending him. He's no Ron Paul, or Justin Amash for that matter. I'll let Kentucky worry about Rand, I don't care for him.

Votes for things plural? Like what? I get some of you lost your shit over Iran Central Bank, other than that?

hard@work
06-08-2012, 12:47 AM
Ah, the passionate detractors and the level headed realists. So poetic to watch as the vast majority of Ron Paul supporters (by vast I mean almost absolute), infuriated with Rand Paul's decision to announce an endorsement today, are given attempted placation by those who half-heartedly intend to wait-and-see.

This is politics. And in politics of the highest level nothing is as it seems, rarely if ever. The fact that a massive backlash against this decision was inevitable was obvious. So what's the gambit? Do they expect the few who pose as voices of reason to win over enough supporters to achieve whatever unstated goal they have?

Personally, I think anyone accepting this endorsement easily is foolish. And I think making excuses and tiny conspiracies without direct statements as to what benefits will be achieved by the endorsement is insubstantial. Not of enough substance to qualify supporting the decision on it's merits anyways. When those merits seem to be the outrage of the donor base for the Rand Paul Senatorial campaign. So who will the new donors be, Rand? What did you get in return for your endorsement? Aside from this "longevity in the party" BS that your very few supporters left here seem to be telling themselves you've purchased?

And as for Jack Hunter, the snarky nasal toned hero of our blogosphere ... rational as your statement may sound truth be told you and I both know this was a political screw up. If anything on the timing of the decision. I would call it stupid if I didn't suspect there was some intention behind outraging tens of thousands of supporters. Perhaps you are right. Perhaps Paul Jr. was predestined to make this endorsement for Herman Cain if need be.

But you have to wonder why the intense effort coming from the Paul camp all around to clip the enthusiasm at it's knees.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Votes for things plural? Like what? I get some of you lost your shit over Iran Central Bank, other than that?

Him being okay with funding rebels and language that was supportive of removing Khaddafi pre-no-fly-zone is another.

The sanctions he voted for were the same sanctions placed on Iraq in the 90s. Cute that you're attempting to spin it, though.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 12:58 AM
I think the people that say the Goldwater movement was meaningless are not considering all the bad things that were prevented from happening, or that were at least delayed. Like Agenda 21, for instance, we're having some success defeating it in many areas. I attribute that success more to the JBS and the old-fashioned Goldwater conservatives more than to any other group.

If we're going to talk about NWO stuff, take a look at what Reagan brought into the White House with him. While tripling the national debt.

That's what the Goldwater movement brought us. Worse than nothing, it accelerated the decline.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Him being okay with funding rebels and language that was supportive of removing Khaddafi pre-no-fly-zone is another.

The sanctions he voted for were the same sanctions placed on Iraq in the 90s. Cute that you're attempting to spin it, though.

That's an out and out lie. I even covered this. Now you take the word of Lawrence O'Donnell. You are someone who will believe what you want to hear.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:02 AM
If we're going to talk about NWO stuff, take a look at what Reagan brought into the White House with him. While tripling the national debt.

That's what the Goldwater movement brought us. Worse than nothing, it accelerated the decline.

You're an Anarchist, right? So you don't vote?

Pisces
06-08-2012, 01:05 AM

No, because the Goldwater movement was more than just Reagan and/or his staff. I actually consider Reagan to have been a failed president for the most part. I also see the a lot of the Goldwater movement in the Paul campaign. Not all of it, of course, which is why there is so much infighting.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:08 AM
That's an out and out lie. I even covered this. Now you take the word of Lawrence O'Donnell. You are someone who will believe what you want to hear.

Wrong, it has nothing to do with O'Donnell. His contentions are different.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286498-Lawrence-O-Donnell-Admits-Lying-about-Rand-Paul-But-Blames-Rand-Paul&p=3197409&viewfull=1#post3197409

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:14 AM
You're an Anarchist, right? So you don't vote?

Even if I didn't vote, it would have no bearing on my criticisms.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Wrong, it has nothing to do with O'Donnell. His contentions are different.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?286498-Lawrence-O-Donnell-Admits-Lying-about-Rand-Paul-But-Blames-Rand-Paul&p=3197409&viewfull=1#post3197409

Again, Wrong. Rand opposed action in Libya.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:15 AM

It has bearing on your relevance. People who criticize with no skin in the game are useless.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Again, Wrong. Rand opposed action in Libya.

He and/or his staff approved of the Menendez language, which was spelled out in my post. Which is precisely my contention - he was okay with language calling for Khaddafi's removal and the support of rebels in the region.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:17 AM
It has bearing on your relevance. People who criticize with no skin in the game are useless.

That's odd. I guess I don't have to pay taxes if I don't vote? I'm not subjected to travel restrictions if I don't vote?

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:18 AM
He and/or his staff approved of the Menendez language, which was spelled out in my post. Which is precisely my contention - he was okay with language calling for Khaddafi's removal and the support of rebels in the region.

Wrong. Again, I followed this whole thing. You flat out have this wrong.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:18 AM
That's odd. I guess I don't have to pay taxes if I don't vote? I'm not subjected to travel restrictions if I don't vote?

Complaining about an endorsement when you yourself don't vote is pure ignorant.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Wrong. Again, I followed this whole thing. You flat out have this wrong.

So, while approving of the resolution, thinking it was the previous resolution, they didn't approve of the previous resolution.

Okay. You go ahead and believe that.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Complaining about an endorsement when you yourself don't vote is pure ignorant.

So I do have skin in the game now? Good to know.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:20 AM
So, while approving of the resolution, thinking it was the previous resolution, they didn't approve of the previous resolution.

Okay. You go ahead and believe that.

You keep believing Ron Believes 9-11 was an inside job and blow back simultaneously.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:20 AM
So I do have skin in the game now? Good to know.

No, people who pay taxes don't have skin in the game.... they are just collateral damage to the game. Pick up a gun (aka vote).

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:22 AM
You keep believing Ron Believes 9-11 was an inside job and blow back simultaneously.

Entirely irrelevant, and I haven't said anything about Ron Paul believing 9/11 was an inside job. Have anything else? Like an actual rebuttal to what I stated?

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Entirely irrelevant, and I haven't said anything about Ron Paul believing 9/11 was an inside job. Any other strawmen you'd like to erect?

I figured I deserved building your strawman since you built many tonight. You're an agent of change who does nothing to change it. Basically, you're from the "Mother In-Law" wing of the liberty movement. "He's not good enough for my daughter."

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:26 AM
I figured I deserved building your strawman since you built many tonight. You're an agent of change who does nothing to change it. Basically, you're from the "Mother In-Law" wing of the liberty movement. "He's not good enough for my daughter."

Right. I've been asking people about Goldwater because moderation and incrementalism brought us nothing. Worse than nothing, it accelerated the decline of the country. Being critical of moderation and incrementalism in response to those advocating moderation and incrementalism is hardly building strawmen.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Right. I've been asking people about Goldwater because moderation and incrementalism brought us nothing. Worse than nothing, it accelerated the decline of the country. Being critical of moderation and incrementalism in response to those advocating moderation and incrementalism is hardly building strawmen.

Actually, you are looking at it backward. The establishment (which is what Reagan was) wanted to win so they went to the demands of the fringe socialcons. We're the role of the social cons now. Then again, that would ruin your narrative.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Actually, you are looking at it backward. The establishment (which is what Reagan was) wanted to win so they went to the demands of the fringe socialcons. We're the role of the social cons now. Then again, that would ruin your narrative.

Oh, so I guess Gerald Ford was the GOP outsider in 1976, as was H.W. Bush in 1980. I'm so silly.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Oh, so I guess Gerald Ford was the GOP outsider in 1976, as was H.W. Bush in 1980. I'm so silly.

You do know there are more than 2 sides, right? It's not all black and white. There are some blues and reds. See, it's simple to see a world with only two philosophies.

roho76
06-08-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't think endorsing Mitt was the best play for Rand. He could have not endorsed anyone and it wouldn't have mattered. He seriously blew it with his fathers base today. I hope the establishment plans on taking care of him because he won't get one red cent of mine in the future. I supported Ron because he would have never compromised and supported Mitt. Ron has talked extensively about compromise and how it's no good. Rand just lost my support. This is political pandering and I won't have any of it. Between his "compromise" with Iran sanctions and this I've had enough. Sanctions are an act of war and it goes against everything that I stand for.

I understand that this is not about Ron or Rand. This about standing up to the system and telling them to go to hell but when some of our best allies on capital hill roll over and shit on you well you have to wonder what the point is. Good luck to Rand. I hope playing house with the Stepford wives works out for him.

Justin Amash 2016! FTW!!!

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Justin Amash 2016! FTW!!!

Love Amash but I hear he needs to worry about 2012.

John F Kennedy III
06-08-2012, 01:56 AM
Ron never compromises? This is where sometimes the myth is so big people don't want to look at facts.

Ron Paul isn't even Ron Paul when you look at his entire record.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Ron Paul isn't even Ron Paul when you look at his entire record.

True Story.

Ron Paul zombies are just like Reagan zombies. Critical thinking be damned.

twomp
06-08-2012, 02:25 AM
True Story.

Ron Paul zombies are just like Reagan zombies. Critical thinking be damned.

Yet here you are on the RON PAUL Forums.... damn those zombies right...

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Yet here you are on the RON PAUL Forums.... damn those zombies right...

I think he is differentiating between RP supporters and RP zombies.

Bastiat's The Law
06-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Thank you Jack Hunter for some much needed rationality and realism around here.
Hear, Hear!

Anyone attacking Rand Paul is either:

Deaf and did not hear Rand when he stated numerous times on national television he would support whomever the eventual nominee is.

A hater trying to divide the liberty movement with any wedge they can find.

Lost their grasp of reality

Bastiat's The Law
06-08-2012, 06:49 AM
It would have bearing on whether or not to put you on ignore. :rolleyes:

Bastiat's The Law
06-08-2012, 06:51 AM
So true lol :D

July
06-08-2012, 08:25 AM
//

GeorgiaAvenger
06-08-2012, 09:42 AM
bump

cindy25
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Reagan was one of the worst things to happen to liberty in recent history. War on Drugs, aggressive foreign policy, selling out to special interest groups, hell Ron Paul left the GOP over Reagan era policies.

but that is not what Reagan promised; yes-Reagan was a disappointment. W also promised no nation building, and Obama promised no mandate, and end the wars

Douglass Bartley
06-08-2012, 12:51 PM
On Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt: I agree with writer Philip Giraldi at The American Conservative:

"Truly, the Rand Paul endorsement of Mitt Romney, a situation in which he could just well have kept his mouth shut, is the unkindest cut of all. If we can only aspire to enduring another dreadful four years for our country, he might just as well have endorsed Obama."

People who say that this is just the way politics works should remember that politics is evil; and one should never comprise with evil. Mitt Romney, as I have said, is a man only of his most recent word; and to endorse him is to endorse what he is: a trimmer whose whole career is like a dervish whirling in a pool of multi-fruited Jello, spinning out different flavors to suit the tastes of the moment.

BamaFanNKy
06-08-2012, 01:08 PM
On Rand Paul's endorsement of Mitt: I agree with writer Philip Giraldi at The American Conservative:

"Truly, the Rand Paul endorsement of Mitt Romney, a situation in which he could just well have kept his mouth shut, is the unkindest cut of all. If we can only aspire to enduring another dreadful four years for our country, he might just as well have endorsed Obama."

"Horse Feathers."-Gurley L.Martin

Aratus
06-08-2012, 02:22 PM
i like G.L.M! he was "tres" cool in 2010!

anaconda
06-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Thanks.

I believe it sent Reagan to the White House. So, mixed results I guess.

Feeding the Abscess
06-08-2012, 05:45 PM
I believe it sent Reagan to the White House. So, mixed results I guess.

And he made Jimmy Carter look like an anarcho-capitalist by comparison.