PDA

View Full Version : Paul: Why can't GOP 'unite behind Constitution?'

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 04:40 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/politics&id=8693270

but they say only about 2000 people. Judging against Ron's recent rallies, which weren't small, I'd say more than that. Someone posted 11,000+ but I don't know if that is accurate. It sure looked like more than 2000 though.

Bruehound
06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
The tone and agenda of the AP reporting continues to amaze me. Actually, no....it doesn't.

paulbot24
06-07-2012, 04:53 PM
As if it's that simple! What a bizarre and terrifying man. Well, if it's that easy why doesn't he just "lead by example" and show us all how it's done! Oh wait.http://beniceartfriends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ron-paul-2008-obama.jpg

That's right. Since you were born bitchizzzz...

Aratus
06-07-2012, 11:36 PM
this! we need party unity and our bill of rights.

MelissaCato
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
I can't believe we have to fight this hard to defend and keep our constitution and bill of rights in America. It is not supposed to be like this.

sailingaway
06-08-2012, 12:01 AM
I can't believe we have to fight this hard to defend and keep our constitution and bill of rights in America. It is not supposed to be like this.

yeah, I know.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 12:03 AM
//

roho76
06-08-2012, 02:43 AM
Because there's no money in it.

dancjm
06-08-2012, 03:28 AM

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance."
- John Philpot Curran

"Freedom is never an achieved state; like electricity, we've got to keep generating it or the lights go out."
- Wayne LaPierre

Anti Federalist
06-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Paul: Why can't GOP 'unite behind Constitution?'

I know it's rhetorical, but, obvious answer is obvious.

Everything that the GOP wants to do to us is just as unconstitutional as everything the Democrats want to do to us.

It's no longer any sort of unifying document for any of these creatures, it's a PITA to be gotten around.

Oddone
06-08-2012, 04:18 AM
If you were at the first day of the Texas State Convention every speech had the word Consitution in it. Every elected offical said it multiple times, and talked about how Republicans love the Consitution and Democrates hate it etc. Too bad all it was all just talk.

Dogsoldier
06-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Is it still possible to run 3rd party?

pacelli
06-08-2012, 05:46 AM
http://www.tacticalathlete.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/minutemen-revolutionary-war.jpg

And yet again the future of liberty is at a crossroads.

ShaneEnochs
06-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Because there's no money in it.

I'd go a step further. There's no power in it.

Liberty74
06-08-2012, 06:37 AM
The GOP is a lost cause. That is why there won't be any GOP unity behind the Constitution.

Seriously Ron, have you not been in congress for the last 30 years?

fisharmor
06-08-2012, 06:40 AM
I'd go a step further. There's no power in it.
Yeah, this kind of has to be it, since the money is worthless.

The GOP is a lost cause. That is why there won't be any GOP unity behind the Constitution.

Seriously Ron, have you not been in congress for the last 30 years?
He's been surprisingly up front about how he doesn't think anyone in the Republican party is worth a damn, and he's been surprisingly up front about how it's impossible to effect any real change in a third party, because the rules are so crooked.
It's always been about hijacking the party and kicking the power brokers to the curb.

Liberty74
06-08-2012, 06:40 AM
Is it still possible to run 3rd party?

Ron has no interest. There has been a deal between him and Romney. We just don't know what it is yet.

I wish someone would step up and run Indy.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Ron has no interest. There has been a deal between him and Romney. We just don't know what it is yet.

I wish someone would step up and run Indy.

Ron has explicitly said that there is no deal. So unless you have inside information, you are in essence calling him a liar.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Yeah, this kind of has to be it, since the money is worthless.

He's been surprisingly up front about how he doesn't think anyone in the Republican party is worth a damn, and he's been surprisingly up front about how it's impossible to effect any real change in a third party, because the rules are so crooked.
It's always been about hijacking the party and kicking the power brokers to the curb.

Liberty74 is just using this as an opportunity to further his own agenda.