PDA

View Full Version : who has the most delegates supporting them?

jondavis
06-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Anyone have a idea of the amount of delegates that support Ron Paul vs the amount of delegates that support Romney?
I don't care who they are bound to.
Just who do they support.
Is this still a close race in that regard or is Romney running away with most of the delegates supporting him?

CPUd
06-07-2012, 09:43 AM
yes.

jondavis
06-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Yes it's still close or yes Romney is running away with the most support?

Darguth
06-07-2012, 09:46 AM
There is absolutely no way of knowing anything close to exact numbers. Ron Paul's most recent campaign update email stated they expect something in the ballpark of 500 RNC delegates that support him, regardless of how they are bound.

jondavis
06-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Do we have any idea how many states have chosen their delegates vs how many states left still to choose theirs?

Darguth
06-07-2012, 09:51 AM
www.thegreenpapers.com

If you dig around there you can find all the info you'd want on what conventions have happened and which still need to occur.

jondavis
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I guess thats the problem, I don't have a lot a time to dig around.
Maybe I'll try and figure it out.

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
I guess thats the problem, I don't have a lot a time to dig around.
Maybe I'll try and figure it out.

We won't really know until Tampa.

J. W. Evans
06-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I think it's hard to determine the exact number of delegates that "support" a candidate v. delegates that are pledged to a candidate. Clearly some of Romney's bound numbers are made up of Santorum and Gingrich supporters who are now in a position of having to pick their number two or three choice, so who knows, Romney might only have the actual support of maybe half of the Convention.
Unfortunately, it's so hard to actually know that unless you talked to every delegate, so right now I might as well just be pulling numbers out of my ass, heh

jondavis
06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
So it sounds like Ron Paul supporters should still be gunning for that delegate spot.
Since no one knows any real numbers.

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
So it sounds like Ron Paul supporters should still be gunning for that delegate spot.
Since no one knows any real numbers.

We know that Romney has a ton more than Ron, and yes, that is exactly what should happen. It would take not just winning those slots but also converting other delegates, at this point, and every slot counts.

No1butPaul
06-07-2012, 10:47 AM
how can anyone have an account here for 4 yrs. and just be making their first post...it boggles my mind.

jondavis
06-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I'll try and find some numbers.
Here we go.

Massachusetts - 18 out of 27 - winner - Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsha89yZRU

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Don't bother. The end isn't the end. The questions will still exist whether those 'bound' to vote for Romney (as in NV) actually support Ron, and what will happen at upcoming state conventions, and can delegates for other candidates be convinced to vote for Ron. The numbers at best are discouraging, as to the nomination, encouraging as to being NOMINATED INTO CONTENTION at the RNC as a POTENTIAL nominee, and as to getting positions debated as an actual, working meeting rather than a coronation, but the end line is in August, not now. Until then it is a process.

Having five states means Ron can be nominated at the RNC and have a nomination speech - on his own strength and ours, no deals, nor editing by establishment involved. That is a win that hasn't happened since 1976, right there. Whether the delegates for other candidates will rethink their commitment, is a separate issue.

erowe1
06-07-2012, 11:24 AM
how can anyone have an account here for 4 yrs. and just be making their first post...it boggles my mind.

I think a lot of people join just to see the hidden threads. The one on homemade weapons has a mind boggling number of views.

juvanya
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Anyone have a idea of the amount of delegates that support Ron Paul vs the amount of delegates that support Romney?
I don't care who they are bound to.
Just who do they support.
Is this still a close race in that regard or is Romney running away with most of the delegates supporting him?
http://i.imgur.com/Af1w2.png

jondavis
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM

I get most of my news from youtube.
But yea I signed on many sites for news on Ron Paul during the 2008 election.
Then I come back to some of these sites now, and find out I already have an account.
:)

J. W. Evans
06-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I'll try and find some numbers.
Here we go.

Massachusetts - 18 out of 27 - winner - Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhsha89yZRU

That's an incomplete number unfortunately.
We have 41 delegate spots available, and while Romney delegates were soundly defeated during our Congressional caucuses, there are eleven at-large delegates that are awarded to Romney at a State Committee meeting. I would expect the State Committee to appoint Romney supporters as delegates based off of who sits on the Committee. That would give him a two delegate lead.
Factor in Maginn and the State Committeeman and Woman and you have Romney supporters beating Paul supporters by 23 delegates to 18.

jondavis
06-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Well I guess this is what I need to hear.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9dWUHAZJkA

keep fighting