PDA

View Full Version : Indiana GOP clarifies SMALL recording devices are ok at convention

sailingaway
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Off twitter:

Roxi Gray ‏@roxinmyshoes
no recording devices allowed at the Indiana Republican Convention? Why?

I saw an article quoting the establishment that they were ready for us. Given that I have no knowledge of anything whatsomever going on there, all I can say is: Good luck! To any Ron Paul delegates attending.

edit: title changed to include new information in post below

ZENemy
06-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Screw that, hidden cameras are cheap.

jcannon98188
06-07-2012, 07:37 AM
No Recording Devices? Fine. Don't record. Live stream it. (Technicality, but still a legit workaround :) )

bcreps85
06-07-2012, 07:39 AM
What do you mean why? So they can lie, cheat, steal, and defraud obviously. Livestream, don't record. Keep an audio recorder going in your pocket.

Melissa
06-07-2012, 07:57 AM
This is not true I just got this email please change title Update on recording devises ------Melissa:

I do have some feedback from the Chairman Holcomb's office regarding recording devices. Please know that hand held recording devices such as a cell phone, smart phone or hand held camera will be allowed and no one will seek to bar anyone from the use of such devices. Large camera units (think broadcast TV) and tripods, however, will not be allowed inside the District Caucus rooms which is consistent with our past convention practices. This is mainly to keep aisles clear and safe and to accommodate everyone in the meeting to have an unobstructed view of the proceedings.

airborne373
06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Indiana is a very corrupt state run by open criminals who never get prosecuted. I would suggest wearing concealed cameras.

After all the Gov. of Indiana Mitch Daniels just got back from getting his orders from Der Bilderberg last weekend.

Melissa
06-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Indiana is a very corrupt state run by open criminals who never get prosecuted. I would suggest wearing concealed cameras.

After all the Gov. of Indiana Mitch Daniels just got back from getting his orders from Der Bilderberg last weekend. Read my note above we CAN have recording devises we asked and they said yes

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 08:34 AM
This is not true I just got this email please change title Update on recording devises ------Melissa:

Thanks for all your time on the phone the other night. I was very impressed with the group you assembled. They are articulate and committed citizens that share a faith in the renewal of the Republican Party.

I do have some feedback from the Chairman Holcomb's office regarding recording devices. Please know that hand held recording devices such as a cell phone, smart phone or hand held camera will be allowed and no one will seek to bar anyone from the use of such devices. Large camera units (think broadcast TV) and tripods, however, will not be allowed inside the District Caucus rooms which is consistent with our past convention practices. This is mainly to keep aisles clear and safe and to accommodate everyone in the meeting to have an unobstructed view of the proceedings.

I am in and out of meetings today but will give you more updates on other issues as I get them. Please share the above information with the group. Thanks. John

I changed the title. Thanks!

airborne373
06-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Read my not above we CAN have recording devises we asked and they said yes

Glad to hear. My post about Herr Daniels stands though, the man is a menace to liberty.

realtonygoodwin
06-07-2012, 09:03 AM
I am glad the rules were clarified.

I would definitely not encourage breaking the rules though. If they had said NO recording devices, you should follow that rule. No sneaking in cameras, etc. How is the party going to ever respect us and take us seriously if we demonstrate that we can't even be trusted with little things? Someone could have been caught, and it would hurt the credibility of the liberty movement. Same thing as booing speakers and what-not.

No wonder "they" have such a hard time taking us seriously.

I don't know why I expect otherwise. Many of you won't even listen to Ron Paul himself as he says to be respectful and maintain decorum. Maybe it is an immaturity issue. Maybe it is an anti-authority thing. I don't know, but I am getting really tired of it. It doesn't help.

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Most of the 'decorum' was broken by our guys only to the extent of protesting when others broke rules. The ONE thing at our door is booing Josh Romney and even there it was only the part of his speech where he was electioneering votes for a specific slate and holding it up to show the color, against the rules. But "Ron Paul" would have been better if they had to protest, since the 'booing Romney's son' was too easy a meme to hand the media.

I really do wish we would avoid booing. Otherwise, the disturbance was AGAINST our folks, though.

John F Kennedy III
06-07-2012, 09:16 AM
:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVlaouEZtpg&feature=player_detailpage

ClydeCoulter
06-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Indiana GOP ready for Paul delegates at convention

http://www.ibj.com/indiana-gop-ready-for-paul-delegates-at-convention/PARAMS/article/34811

juvanya
06-07-2012, 01:08 PM
No Recording Devices? Fine. Don't record. Live stream it. (Technicality, but still a legit workaround :) )That idea didnt help Dharun Ravi.

realtonygoodwin
06-07-2012, 01:10 PM
TEST...

I have posted twice in this thread that I can't seem to find anymore...does anyone see this?

What is going on here? This isn't the first time this has happened...

sailingaway
06-07-2012, 01:12 PM
TEST...

I have posted twice in this thread that I can't seem to find anymore...does anyone see this?

What is going on here? This isn't the first time this has happened...

I deleted it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I am glad the rules were clarified.

I would definitely not encourage breaking the rules though. If they had said NO recording devices, you should follow that rule. No sneaking in cameras, etc. How is the party going to ever respect us and take us seriously if we demonstrate that we can't even be trusted with little things? Someone could have been caught, and it would hurt the credibility of the liberty movement. Same thing as booing speakers and what-not.

No wonder "they" have such a hard time taking us seriously.

I don't know why I expect otherwise. Many of you won't even listen to Ron Paul himself as he says to be respectful and maintain decorum. Maybe it is an immaturity issue. Maybe it is an anti-authority thing. I don't know, but I am getting really tired of it. It doesn't help.

If someone's gonna break my fingers, I'd prefer it be on camera.