PDA

View Full Version : Rick Williams Finishes a Strong 4th Among 24 U.S. Senate Candidates In California

Rick Williams
06-06-2012, 01:45 PM
A giant "thank you" to all my friends and colleagues at RonPaulForums who supported my campaign for United States Senate in California. I finished 4th among 24 candidates in the open primary yesterday; a strong 3rd among 14 Republicans with more than 120,000 votes. Here's the story: http://rickwilliamsforsenate.com/rick-williams-finishes-a-strong-4th-among-24-u-s-senate-candidates/

Rick Williams Finishes A Strong 4th Among 24 U.S. Senate Candidates

A giant “thank you” to all who supported my campaign for United States Senate in California. I finished 4th in the “open primary” field of 24 candidates– a strong 3rd among the 14 Republicans in the race. My campaign received more than 120,000 votes yesterday from throughout the state of California– I’m deeply honored and humbled by this expression of support.

Here’s a detailed breakdown of the race from www.smartvoter.org; check it out for yourself to see how each of the Senate candidates performed. The numbers tell an interesting (and encouraging) story. http://www.smartvoter.org/2012/06/05/ca/state/race/ussen/

My message of fiscal responsibility and limited constitutional governance obviously resonated with California voters; I was the only candidate in the field who clearly and unequivocally advocated those principles. My campaign proposed $1 trillion in federal spending cuts (in my first year in office) and an end to our counterfeiting Federal Reserve System– I’m gratified that these powerful concepts found a receptive audience over the course of my Senate effort.

I ran as a candidate who stood up and directly challenged our status quo, go along/get along, do–nothing political class in Washington D.C. No more tinkering; no more business as usual; no more “extend and pretend” finance and politics where the looming issues of debt and government deficits are concerned. The Rick Williams campaign was all about substance– and the election outcome in California tells me that more and more people are waking up to our message every day. We’re not all the way there yet; many people still resist the changes that are needed; but our mission of real and genuine fiscal responsibility took a big step forward over the course of my campaign. I’m pleased with the progress we’ve made.

Politics is not a football game– we don’t play four quarters and then go home. The 2012 campaign for United States Senate was my first run for California statewide office, and there’s much more to be done. We didn’t “win”; I won’t be on the general election ballot in November against Dianne Feinstein; but it’s quite apparent to me that the message of my campaign will continue to gain strength and support over the years to come. Ms. Feinstein and her fellow big–government colleagues (from both political parties) are creatures of the past– we are the future. Again, my heartfelt thanks to all who donated to my campaign with time, effort and money; and to 120,931 Californians who honored me with their votes. We’re on the winning path; and there’s no stopping this movement that I’m so proud to be part of. Rick

Travlyr
06-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for giving it your best shot!

twomp
06-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Thank you for fighting for us. I hope this isn't your last shot at this because we can definitely use more liberty folks in office here in California. 120,000 is a good base. I hope you grow it. Someone needs to dethrone Barbra Boxer.

giovannile07
06-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I hope you run again, my friend and I voted for you.

sailingaway
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you for running, Rick! I also hope you run again, whether for that office or for another.

linusPAULing
06-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I'd also like to express my gratitude and ask that you run for office again.

juvanya
06-07-2012, 01:17 PM
I wouldnt really call that strong but good job anyway.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks!

COpatriot
06-07-2012, 01:59 PM
You were one of my favorite players when you were with the Dolphins. Godspeed Ricky!