PDA

View Full Version : Funny:Sobbing Wisconsin man says "Democracy died tonight" and the "End of the USA tonight"

Agorism
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
heh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8KeO_lirBo&feature=youtu.be

"We're not just disappointed, this is the end of democracy. We just got outspent $34 million to $4 million. This was the biggest election in America and I hope he keep me on tonight because this hurts us all. Every single one of you out there in the nation, if you're watching, democracy died tonight," an emotional proponent of Scott Walker's recall told a CNN correspondent in Wisconsin on Tuesday night.

"I'm very emotional because we all had invested in this. This was it. If we didn't win tonight, the end of the U.S. as we know it just happened. This is it. We just got outspent $34 million to $4 million. And we don't have any more resource left but the people you see here behind me. And if the people you see here behind me can't get it done tonight, it's done. Democracy's dead," the man said.

Vessol
06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
"Democracy died tonight!"

And not a single shit was given that night.

Carlybee
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
OMG...on Facebook my liberal friends are having a cow over this. God forbid some of them have to live in a non union state like I do and actually work for normal wages!
Boo frigging hoo.

Sola_Fide
06-06-2012, 12:43 PM
It died a long time ago.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
OMG...on Facebook my liberal friends are having a cow over this. God forbid some of them have to live in a non union state like I do and actually work for normal wages!
Boo frigging hoo.

Democracy sentenced Socrates to death and then crucified Jesus as well. Just because tyranny thinks below the waste doesn't mean it is stupid. Tyrants have been institutionalizing the ideas of liberty and equality forever in keeping the people befuddled and at a disadvantage. Even the people in here will lather up into a frenzy over the ideas of liberty and equality. Well, maybe not equality. Seems they aren't mutually inclusive as rights.

rpwi
06-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Democracy died when the third parties were prevented from being on the ballot :mad: Only one minor independent was able to get on...so this was a sham election between democrans and republicrats.

The frustrating thing was how narrow the issue-scope was in this election. It was either gotcha points over stupid trifles or about how the teachers being 'wrongly' denied the right to be overpaid.

The teachers are over-compensated...even after collecting bargaining was yanked...so it was nice to see them shot down. Would have been nice to see other issues discussed in depth.

Kind of the biggest shame about all this is that Walker is taking this as a mandate to take down environmental regulations next:

Among the next moves he plans in the state capitol, Walker says he and lawmakers need to loosen environmental regulations and enforcement actions that he says are stifling job growth.

While environmental protection isn't necessarily best suited to the Federal government it is a very necessary and important measure in state governments. The free market is a good thing...but not without checks to prevent externalities and tragedies of commons at the local level.

soulcyon
06-06-2012, 04:29 PM
democracy died centuries ago LOLOLOL

Dr.3D
06-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Democracy heh.... it never was supposed to be a part of this country anyway. The only thing democratic about our country is supposed to be the way we elect our government.

No place in the U.S. Constitution is the word democracy mentioned. We are supposed to be a Constitutional Republic and ruled by law, not some kind of third rate soon to burn out, democracy.

rpwi
06-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately Ron Paul is buying into the Walker is a fiscal conservative which is a joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mKxaaTgGy04

Walker is a big spender...just not in the traditional liberal areas. For example he's big for road construction pork and state funded tourism advertising.

andrew1229649
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
"There, there buddy....it's okay. Now you know how we feel. Come on and join us. Together we will be stronger." *troll*