PDA

View Full Version : Television ad script (Someone please produce this ASAP)

noztnac
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
This is a script for a 1- minute television commercial for presidential candidate Ron Paul.

by John Foster cantzon@gmail.com (Give me writers credit if you make it. Also contact me to tell me how it is coming along or to brainstorm ideas or alternate variations)

The complete text is as follows: the words of Mahatma Gandhi.

First they ignore you.
Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you.
Then you win.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Here is the script:

Fade in:

A cloudy day, dark clouds, a storm is brewing.
A little girl holding a tiny American Flag says:

“First they ignore you.”

Fade out and back in on:

Four people-

The little girl has been joined by an elderly man, a middle aged woman, a teenager, and a small boy. They also are holding American flags of varying sizes and homemade Ron Paul signs.

Together they say:

“Then they laugh at you.”

Fade out and back in again:

The clouds have begun to subside.
Now we get a medium shot of about fifty people all with American flags, Ron Paul signs, and Peace signs.

Together they say:

“Then they fight you.”

Fade out and back in again.

It’s a sunny day.

We get a long shot of a sea of Ron Paul supporters all with American flags, homemade signs, revolution signs, peace signs, etc.

This large group shout together and with great jubilation:

“Then you win.”

Fade out and back in again.

A closeup of the original young girl alone again.

She says: Be the change you want to see in the world.

Vote for Ron Paul.

micahnelson
11-16-2007, 12:02 PM
So you're asking someone on this forum to film and produce a commercial for you?

Why dont you do this...

Figure out how you can do this yourself, simplify it perhaps...., and then put on youtube. If it starts swaying people it could be converted into a video.

Welcome to the forums by the way. I like the idea. I don't know how well it would introduce people to Ron Paul, but I think it could help motivate some supporters.

CJH
11-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Imagine THIS one!

MUSIC: Generic indie rock, instrumental only.

EXT: A college-aged white guy in a “STATE” hoodie is mulching the back lawn of an upper-middleclass suburban house in the fall, puffing on a joint and listening to his iPod.

EXT: Home from work early, his father pulls into the driveway.

INT: Throwing his keys on the kitchen counter, his father yells for his son,

FATHER: “MATT?”

INT: Father sees his son mulching the grass through the sliding glass door, opens it and steps outside.

EXT: Father walks up to son from behind, his son puffing away on the joint unaware his father is there and consumed by his music and the mulcher. His father taps him on his shoulder. Matt turns around, the mower stops, his eyes go from his smoldering joint to his father.

MATT: “Dad, I…”

EXT: Camera backs off as father walks with son slowly behind a woodshed with his arm around his son’s shoulders.

EXT: Father and son are behind the woodshed, son sitting on stump ashamed, his father pacing back and forth scratching the back of his neck.

FATHER: “Look, son, it’s not…it’s not like I never did it when I was your age. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t still do it now and again, either.”

EXT: Still pacing back and forth, the father sounds nervous but earnest.

FATHER: “I know we haven’t been close these days, Matt. I know we don’t really talk like we should…like we used to.”

EXT: Son is nodding on the stump, still looking ashamed.

FATHER: “Look, Matt…let’s not tell your mother about this…”

EXT: Camera fades as father and son sit on a hillside watching the sunset, passing the between them. Fade to black.

EXT: Ron Paul walks slowly towards the camera in a nice office, much like one of a well-off attorney.

RON PAUL: “Hello, my name is Ron Paul and I approved this message because I’m for the decriminalization of marijuana AND traditional American family values. Remember, this isn’t my revolution…it’s yours.”

Roll Ron Paul for president logo “Ron Paul 2008, join the next great American revolution.”

noztnac
11-17-2007, 03:39 AM
I would do it but I am living and teaching in Jeju Do South Korea. I don't think having a bunch of Koreans in the video would work.

noztnac
11-17-2007, 03:42 AM
What????!!!!

Are you a troll from the Giuliani campaign?

microsect
11-17-2007, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siOdWrQ_Ifs

good music this time.

Oliver
11-17-2007, 05:18 PM
well I got a quick video with the quote above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESj1cr3xGGQ

The video is great, microsect ... and the sound could be more
inspiring/hopeful. Right now it sounds too sad in my humble
opinion. :">

Cheers,
Oliver :)

microsect
11-17-2007, 08:02 PM
what would be a good inspiring song?