PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker Wins!

NoOneButPaul
06-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Despite everything the Democrats threw at him he's probably going to win by 20%
His Lt. Governor also won by almost 20%

People are getting wise to the public unions...

AME3
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Despite everything the Democrats threw at him he's probably going to win by 20%
His Lt. Governor also won by almost 20%

People are getting wise to the public unions...
Hope you're right...

cajuncocoa
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
That's good news.

bizz
06-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Anybody have a link?

LibertasPraesidium
06-05-2012, 08:19 PM
elections.nytimes.com/2012/primaries/results/live/wisconsin-recall#sha=44b24a4dd

JK/SEA
06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Ron talked about this with Cavuto earlier tonight on FBN.

matt0611
06-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Called by multiple networks and agencies. 50% in, 58% to 41%.

Walker wins. Good to see.

Keith and stuff
06-05-2012, 08:29 PM
I think some of the people aren't voting for him because of the union issue. I think some people think a governor election happens every 4 years and should happen every 4 years. Perhaps if a governor breaks a bunch of laws or something, there should be a recall. Of course, Walker didn't do that so this recall is just a political stunt. The whole thing is BS.

BTW, 2 states do have governor elections every 2 years, NH and VT.

Aratus
06-05-2012, 08:30 PM
"Uh-O" Drudge has a new headline tonite.

heavenlyboy34
06-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Too bad I don't care. /shrugs

flynn
06-05-2012, 09:00 PM
No mercy for public unions.

NoOneButPaul
06-05-2012, 09:01 PM
You should care because breaking these public sector unions is a huge reason why our states are going bankrupt, not only was this a huge win but it was basically a landslide.

It shows that no matter what kind of smear tactics the Dems want to use it isn't going to work. The unions time is up...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/billfrezza/2012/06/05/governor-walkers-victory-spells-doom-for-public-sector-unions/

Public sector unions have reached their high water mark. Let the cleanup begin as the red ink recedes.

Despite a last-minute smear campaign accusing Scott Walker of fathering an illegitimate love child, the governor’s recall election victory sends a clear message that should resonate around the nation: The fiscal cancer devouring state budgets has a cure, and he has found it. The costly defeat for the entrenched union interests that tried to oust Walker in retribution for challenging their power was marked by President Obama’s refusal to lend his weight to the campaign for fear of being stained by defeat. We’ll see how well this strategy of opportunistic detachment serves in the fall as Obama reaches out to unions for support.

This fight is not without precedent. Progressive patron saint Franklin Delano Roosevelt—who more than any other president set our country on a course away from the founding principles of limited government—knew that public sector unions would be the death of the social welfare state he worked so hard to create. Hence, he consistently opposed allowing government employees to unionize. Today, Greece sets the example of what happens when public sector unions gain the upper hand.

In 1959 Wisconsin became the first state to allow collective bargaining by government employees. The projected cost of supporting Baby Boomer union retirees now threatens to bankrupt the state, as it does many others. Scott Walker ran for office promising change. The fiscal medicine he is administering may be bitter, but it looks like it is starting to work. The state budget has been balanced. The unemployment rate has been dropping and is now below the national average. Property taxes are down. Fraudulent sick leave policies—which allowed employees to call in sick and then work the next shift for overtime pay—have been ended. The government has stopped forcibly collecting union dues from workers’ paychecks.

Best of all, the myth that union bosses represent their members’ interests has been exposed as a lie. Now that union dues are voluntary, tens of thousands of union members have stopped paying them. Membership in the Wisconsin chapter of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union (AFSCME) has dropped by half. Membership in the stat’s American Federation of Teachers (AFT) is down by over a third. Given unions’ influential role in most elections, the national implications of this trend are staggering.

Walker’s message is clear: The key to bringing balance back to public sector labor relations and balance state budgets is to break the iron triangle of closed-shop mandatory unionization, compulsory dues collection, and oversized campaign donations to politicians that promise to do the unions’ bidding. If other governors take his cue and take up the cause, that giant sucking sound you hear will be the air coming out of union bosses’ bloated political action budgets.

The work in Wisconsin is not complete. The controversial law exempted police and firefighters, a political concession to get the legislation passed. Federal courts have zeroed in on this anomaly, striking down certain sections of the law because they do not treat workers equally. This needs to be repaired— by rescinding the exemption for public safety workers. With the recall election behind him, Walker may be sufficiently emboldened to do just that.

The power of private sector unions was long ago broken by many heavily unionized companies going bankrupt. While this was painful for both workers and shareholders, the economy motored on as nimbler non-union competitors picked up the slack. This approach is problematic for the public sector because bankrupt state and local governments cannot be replaced by competitors waiting in the wings. Yes, citizens can always vote with their feet, emptying out cities like Detroit, leaving the blighted wreckage behind. But isn’t Walker’s targeted fiscal retrenchment less painful than scorched-earth abandonment?

Chicago machine candidate Barack Obama rode into office to the tune of Hail to the Chief, promising the unions that backed him the gift of card check elections, ending the secret ballot that shields employees from union intimidation. He may well ride into retirement to the tune of On Wisconsin as the era of closed shop unionism comes to an end.

Kluge
06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Why in the hell does the public sector need unions anyways? It's not like they're running meat-packing plants employing children running chainsaws while cutting up slaughterhouse animals.

ONUV
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM
eat shit union thugs

ONUV
06-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Why in the hell does the public sector need unions anyways? It's not like they're running meat-packing plants employing children running chainsaws while cutting up slaughterhouse animals.

i guess once you tell people they deserve something it's really hard to take it away.

mad cow
06-05-2012, 09:23 PM
The race has also been called in favor of 2 of the 4 Republican State Senators in this recall election and the other 2 are leading by about 20%.

BattleFlag1776
06-05-2012, 09:25 PM

Preamble to the IWW Constitution:

The working class and the employing class have nothing in common. There can be no peace so long as hunger and want are found among millions of the working people and the few, who make up the employing class, have all the good things of life.

Between these two classes a struggle must go on until the workers of the world organize as a class, take possession of the means of production, abolish the wage system, and live in harmony with the Earth.

We find that the centering of the management of industries into fewer and fewer hands makes the trade unions unable to cope with the ever growing power of the employing class. The trade unions foster a state of affairs which allows one set of workers to be pitted against another set of workers in the same industry, thereby helping defeat one another in wage wars. Moreover, the trade unions aid the employing class to mislead the workers into the belief that the working class have interests in common with their employers.

These conditions can be changed and the interest of the working class upheld only by an organization formed in such a way that all its members in any one industry, or in all industries if necessary, cease work whenever a strike or lockout is on in any department thereof, thus making an injury to one an injury to all.

Instead of the conservative motto, "A fair day's wage for a fair day's work," we must inscribe on our banner the revolutionary watchword, "Abolition of the wage system."

It is the historic mission of the working class to do away with capitalism. The army of production must be organized, not only for everyday struggle with capitalists, but also to carry on production when capitalism shall have been overthrown. By organizing industrially we are forming the structure of the new society within the shell of the old.

Kluge
06-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Ending all public sector unions would be a good start. Another good start would be to get rid of their healthcare/pension benefits--and that goes for the politicians too.

HOLLYWOOD
06-05-2012, 09:32 PM
When people watch TV and the internet coverage at how ridiculous these government unions sound, their self absorbed, self serving delusional ideologies compounded how bad they screw the taxpayers with their authoritative control and the sucking machine for more money for themselves @ YOUR expense... time to kill the JFKennedy disastrous policies. It's bad enough Americans have to deal with government fraud, waste, and inefficiencies.

The line has been drawn.

PS: Notice the huge push by Libtard media calling this close/tied/leading in the polls for the Unions/WI? Yeah more propaganda and lies of government and their fasco-corporate feinds @ MSM. Nice try sh!theads... you lose again.

Danke
06-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Ending all public sector unions would be a good start. Another good start would be to get rid of their healthcare/pension benefits--and that goes for the politicians too.

You make good points angelatc, er Kluge.

Bastiat's The Law
06-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Pure gold tonight. The democrats initiated a recall because someone stopped letting them suck off the taxpayers teat anymore. Now that they lost they are all over the media crying that they got outspent and democracy is over because they got sat down by said taxpayers. The special interests LOST tonight. Deal with it.

Bastiat's The Law
06-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Basically what happened to the DNC tonight:

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/watermelonp1.gif

Kluge
06-05-2012, 09:39 PM

I just don't see a good reason for them. The TSA needs to unionize? Why? To make sure they can be supreme assholes to us without ever getting fired?

Cowlesy
06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
In the words of Terry Tate, Office Linebacker: "WOO BABY YEAH!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHb_KaWmNs

John F Kennedy III
06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
LOL. Epic fail from the union scum. LOVE IT!

EBounding
06-05-2012, 09:48 PM

http://www.filibustercartoons.com/comics/20110226.gif

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Remember when recalling Walker was going to be a "slam dunk"?

heavenlyboy34
06-05-2012, 09:58 PM
In the words of Terry Tate, Office Linebacker: "WOO BABY YEAH!!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfHb_KaWmNs
LMAO! Classic! :D

jkob
06-05-2012, 10:01 PM
oh the butthurt is amazing

John F Kennedy III
06-05-2012, 10:03 PM
I bet his opponent ran a lax campaign thinking he had it in the bag :D

angelatc
06-05-2012, 10:04 PM

She's the funny, pretty one. I'm the friend. Bring your best wingman.

Henry Rogue
06-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Poll results http://www.wkow.com/category/232231/primary-election-results

angelatc
06-05-2012, 10:06 PM
I just don't see a good reason for them. The TSA needs to unionize? Why? To make sure they can be supreme assholes to us without ever getting fired?

They have to be unionized so the unions can collect tax dollars to donate to Democrats who will vote to raise wages. It's the circle of life.

Kluge
06-05-2012, 10:06 PM
She's the funny, pretty one. I'm the friend.

Pfft!

Good things to celebrate this evening, even if it was a crappy day. :D

angelatc
06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Pfft!

Good things to celebrate this evening, even if it was a crappy day. :D

Yes. I don't especially like Republicans, but I do find myself cheering for them in circumstances like this.

However, our governor is about to do an end run around the legislature, and build that stupid bridge even though they told him no. I'll sign the recall petition if he does that.

Kluge
06-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Yes. I don't especially like Republicans, but I do find myself cheering for them in circumstances like this.

However, our governor is about to do an end run around the legislature, and build that stupid bridge even though they told him no. I'll sign the recall petition if he does that.

Same here, as you probably know. These are one of the few circumstances where I'm glad to be GOP.

I've been seeing the commercials about this bridge, what's the synopsis on that?

Danke
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
She's the funny, pretty one. I'm the friend. Bring your best wingman.

haha, no. It is you or nothing.

Tod
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM

What bridge would that be?

angelatc
06-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Same here, as you probably know. These are one of the few circumstances where I'm glad to be GOP.

I've been seeing the commercials about this bridge, what's the synopsis on that?

Long story short - the company that owns the bridge does a fine job with it. They'd like to build another one, using no tax dollars, subsidized by tolls. The Democrats and the governor want to build it with public money, and so they won't let the Ambassador Co. build a bridge.

The Republican legislature voted the bridge down hard, so now the governor has discovered a way to bypass the legislature. http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/06/report_snyder_to_bypass_state.html

A (http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/06/report_snyder_to_bypass_state.html)nd if that's not enough, the GOP legislature, which ran lots of ads mocking the Democrats for the failure of the film industry subsidies, just introduced a bill creating a $100 million film subsidy.

Henry Rogue
I think some of the people aren't voting for him because of the union issue. I think some people think a governor election happens every 4 years and should happen every 4 years. Perhaps if a governor breaks a bunch of laws or something, there should be a recall. Of course, Walker didn't do that so this recall is just a political stunt. The whole thing is BS.

BTW, 2 states do have governor elections every 2 years, NH and VT.

You have a point there. People in Wisconsin are just tired of the continuous elections, Todays' are not the first recall elections Wisconsin has had. I also would like to point out that the unions bargaining powers where not taken away in total. An important reform allows school districts to take competing bids on health insurance, something union bargaining agreements did not allow for. School districts had to pay to the unions own insurance fund and they where raping the Tax Payers,that's one example.

angelatc
What bridge would that be?

A second bridge to Canada.

Kluge
06-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Long story short - the company that owns the bridge does a fine job with it. They'd like to build another one, using no tax dollars, subsidized by tolls. The Democrats and the governor want to build it with public money, and so they won't let the Ambassador Co. build a bridge.

The Republican legislature voted the bridge down hard, so now the governor has discovered a way to bypass the legislature. http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/06/report_snyder_to_bypass_state.html

A (http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/06/report_snyder_to_bypass_state.html)nd if that's not enough, the GOP legislature, which ran lots of ads mocking the Democrats for the failure of the film industry subsidies, just introduced a bill creating a $100 million film subsidy.

Thanks for the link, they aren't really reporting much on it.

The GOP legislature introduced a bill using tax money to subsidize the film industry? WTF? Did I read that right?

Maybe I should move to Idaho. :(

angelatc
06-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the link, they aren't really reporting much on it.

The GOP legislature introduced a bill using tax money to subsidize the film industry? WTF? Did I read that right?

Maybe I should move to Idaho. :(

The best part about being a GOP delegate (or, in my case - an alternate) is that we get to hang out in the same Facebook group as our local elected representatives. We gave them quite an earful, and it ended up getting capped at $25 million.

If you want to move to Howell - he's a Ron Paul mayor. :)

Kluge
06-05-2012, 10:44 PM
The best part about being a GOP delegate (or, in my case - an alternate) is that we get to hang out in the same Facebook group as our local elected representatives. We gave them quite an earful, and it ended up getting capped at $25 million.

If you want to move to Howell - he's a Ron Paul mayor. :)

I will check it out...of course Amash's district is always appealing too.

oyarde
06-05-2012, 10:48 PM

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/watermelonp1.gif I like it

ONUV
06-05-2012, 11:14 PM
i wish we could recall romney and go through the primary process with paul vs romney only.

angelatc
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I will check it out...of course Amash's district is always appealing too.

Yeah, I'd stick with Amash. Howell isn't exactly rural.

Flugel89
06-06-2012, 02:28 AM

I just sprayed beer on my phone. Thanks.

Demigod
06-06-2012, 04:40 AM
When you say public unions that only includes teachers,police and army ?

Luciconsort
06-06-2012, 04:50 AM

LMAO!!!! that's gonna leave a mark