PDA

View Full Version : We (Ron Paul supporters) need a thicker skin

Sematary
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I see people getting all upset over hit pieces, out and out mis and dis information, etc.... etc.... etc...

Don't let it get to you. It's only just begun. We just have to make ourselves LOUDER with our support. One way to make that noise and drown out the din of the naysayers and liars is to support and donate on the 16th of December.

Micahyah
11-16-2007, 11:11 AM
I agree. We also have to remember that things bringing up Ron Paul's name only helps us at this point, because we still need his name recognition way up.

DealzOnWheelz
COMPLETELY AGREE

as Jay Z would say

"you gotta get that dirt off ya shoulders"

The negative ads and failures in some aspect will make the end victory all the sweeter

RonPaulStreetTeam
agree, I so ignore all the attacks and do not waste my time writing 50 emails to random inboxes that will never get read.

I spread the good word instead.

JerzieJennie
11-16-2007, 11:18 AM
We need to remember to keep our response comments to negative articles to be polite facts. We need to represent Ron Paul the best way that we can, and remember that we are making impressions on people that may otherwise not know Ron Paul. Our attitude while being defensive is very critical.

Before you post any angry responses to authors/bloggers that are not supportive of Ron Paul, consider, what would Ron Paul do?

Before you get invovled angry retaliatory posts on news sites ask yourself:

Does my response HELP the campaign? If not - dont write it.

Remember - losing your temper and name calling only lessens your credibility. :)

Chin up, everyone! :) We're making a real difference!

me3
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure we need to be louder, we need to be bigger.

And to do that, we have to keep growing the campaign. Donors, voters, delegates etc. Tangible growth of the tangible support.

If/when we show well in Iowa and New Hampshire, the campaign momentum will take off. But if we don't show well there, none of the fighting back against hit pieces, Glenn Beck, Fox News etc. will matter.

Everything hinges on NH and IA. And we need real, offline voting support to show the country that this is for real, and it is a real alternative to the other candidates in both parties.

curtisag
11-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I am all for being polite and making substantive points, but I will continue to bombard these naysayers with the truth when they promote lies or disinformation. A few Ron Paul appearances on CNN and other broadcasts were only possible because of our email bombardments in support of Ron. One newscaster asked if Ron would tell us to stop emailing her, but Ron said, "No, I think you should enjoy every one of them." I'm with Ron, he knows we get things done on the internet. If that's called spam, then so be it. Being quiet will not wake people up from their brainwashing, you have to yell the truth from the mountain tops to be heard. We should be intensifying our email campaigns to get Ron on various TV shows and radio programs. Remember this, the squeaky wheel always gets grease first.

Ozwest
11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
By politely exposing these "hit pieces" for what they are, writers are exercising their rights to free speech. If a bi-product of this is making the media aware of their journalistic integrity, so much the better.

stevedasbach
11-16-2007, 12:34 PM
If we choose to respond to a hit piece, it needs to be with a positive statement of what Ron Paul stands for. If we simply refute the points in the hit piece, a person casually reading it will only remember the topic of the controversy, not the specific points. If our rebuttal restates the hit piece (in order to refute it) it actually serves to reinforce the hit piece, at least for the casual reader.

JustBcuz
11-16-2007, 12:48 PM
If we choose to respond to a hit piece, it needs to be with a positive statement of what Ron Paul stands for. If we simply refute the points in the hit piece, a person casually reading it will only remember the topic of the controversy, not the specific points. If our rebuttal restates the hit piece (in order to refute it) it actually serves to reinforce the hit piece, at least for the casual reader.

Exactly!!! :)

Keep it positive. Keep it on message.

Watch Dr. Paul in the debates again to see how he always puts the topic back on message. Do the same thing.

:D

Bradley in DC
11-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Please keep that in mind with exchanges. A lot of people, unfortunately, believe the falsehoods put out about him and us. Calm, polite, rational discourse is the best way to dispell misperceptions that we're all angy conspiracy nuts and get people to take a second look at Dr. Paul.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
yes... I got very angry this morning. Name recognition..yes, I just hope the first thing people see isn't "ron paul: neo nazis love him" and crap like that.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 01:11 PM
I am all for being polite and making substantive points, but I will continue to bombard these naysayers with the truth when they promote lies or disinformation. A few Ron Paul appearances on CNN and other broadcasts were only possible because of our email bombardments in support of Ron. One newscaster asked if Ron would tell us to stop emailing her, but Ron said, "No, I think you should enjoy every one of them." I'm with Ron, he knows we get things done on the internet. If that's called spam, then so be it. Being quiet will not wake people up from their brainwashing, you have to yell the truth from the mountain tops to be heard. We should be intensifying our email campaigns to get Ron on various TV shows and radio programs. Remember this, the squeaky wheel always gets grease first.

I'm not asking anyone to "be quiet". We should be polite, however, and correct obvious errors/lies.

Energy
11-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Right on. And then move on -- while the others try to knock us down with petty polls and smears, we stay focused on our campaign for every inch to get RP into the White House:

It's the inches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7923/img288vs8.jpg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs)

VoteRonPaul2008
11-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Agree being polite goes along way..

everything seems to be getting so insane though.. there are so many paul bashers and now this fbi raid? wtf is going on

Sematary
11-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Agree being polite goes along way..

everything seems to be getting so insane though.. there are so many paul bashers and now this fbi raid? wtf is going on

This is only the beginning. Wait till he wins the nomination.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-16-2007, 02:20 PM
This is only the beginning. Wait till he wins the nomination.

thats what scares me though.. we need to clarify these misconceptions, because right now people have the wrong ideas.. he can't win without us making an effort to clear these things up..