PDA

View Full Version : Failor Threatened/Failor Not Threatened

Pedrique
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Thought I'd create a brief post to separate from the muddle of the WHO radio program thread.

It is perfectly reasonable to assume that threatening phone calls were made to some people. If a thousand people are involved in calling and emailing, and 1 percent did something bad - that's 10 threatening phone calls! Not unlikely, especially in the biz of politics as SeaMaiden said from experience.

But really this isn't the point of the thread. The point is this - it is going to happen, and probably has even before this fiasco. People get mad and say things they shouldn't. Oh well. No use trying to defend it or feel guilty about it. Just move on as Josh said to more important matters.

My goodness when McCain himself was questioned on the immigration bill he told a fellow congressman "Fuck you! I know more about this than anyone!"

Was he being rude? Sure.
Did people get their panties in a wad? A little bit.
Did people move on? You bet.

Let's stop the debate of whether harrassment by RP supporters is appropriate. 99% agree it's not, but I don't feel guilty that it happened either. You don't think preacher boy Mike Huckabee's followers would make similar calls if he had been excluded? If not then you've never visited Arkansas my friend.

Stay positive. Keep up the pressure and the good work. Momentum continues to build.

ChristopherJ
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
If not then you've never visited Arkansas my friend.

Mr McCain? Is that you? :) :eek: :D

Original_Intent
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Mr McCain? Is that you? :) :eek: :D

lol @ "my friend"

I was wondering how many times McCain could say that in one debate.