PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Citizen Denied Entry to the Country from Mexico

donnay
06-05-2012, 12:46 PM
U.S. Citizen Denied Entry to the Country from Mexico

BROWNSVILLE, Texas - A 20-year-old native Texan says she's barred from re-entering the country after she denied, under grilling by the U.S. Border Patrol, that she was a U.S. citizen. Weslaco, Texas, native Brenda Vazquez made the false statement in a signed statement Feb. 19 after seven hours of intimidation by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer, according to a federal court petition filed by her attorney, Jaime Diez, of Brownsville. The officer then confiscated the Texas driver's license and U.S. birth certificate she presented upon her return from a visit to the Mexican border city of Matamoros, according to the petition. Vazques remains stranded in Matamoros, barred from the United States, Diez told The Brownsville Herald for a story in Sunday's edition.

http://www.kztv10.com/news/u-s-citizen-denied-entry-to-the-country-from-mexico/

LibertyEagle
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Why did she deny that she was a U.S. citizen?

jkr
06-05-2012, 12:58 PM
did they get teh drugzzzz?

phill4paul
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Why did she deny that she was a U.S. citizen?

after seven hours of intimidation by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer

Wasn't the smartest move. I'd have informed him I would be suing for a million dollars per hour. And every hour on the hour I would shout the total. ONE MILLION! TWO MILLION. THREE......