PDA

View Full Version : Just finished voting in NorCal...

06-05-2012, 08:30 AM
....and even though you are supposed to be registered Republican to vote for their candidates, I was asked which
ballot I wanted (Dem, Rep, Ind, etc) Not sure if they just made a mistake in asking, but hopefully this means some non Republicans will vote Paul! :)

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-05-2012, 08:32 AM
independent republican

Paul4Prez
06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
I just voted in SoCal, and got the right ballot. California has "top two" primaries for the non-presidential offices now, so all the candidates from all of the parties are listed. The Dems had multiple candidates in most races, but the Repubs mostly had one. I thought about voting Libertarian for US Senate, but went with Rick Williams (Repub liberty candidate).

I was the 14th voter at my precinct, at 8:15 AM. I was the only voter there at the time, but a few people showed up as I was leaving. The poll worker said I was the second voter from my street.

Turnout is light, but a lot of people vote by mail here.

PolicyReader
06-05-2012, 12:03 PM
I just voted in SoCal, and got the right ballot. California has "top two" primaries for the non-presidential offices now, so all the candidates from all of the parties are listed. The Dems had multiple candidates in most races, but the Repubs mostly had one. I thought about voting Libertarian for US Senate, but went with Rick Williams (Repub liberty candidate).

I was the 14th voter at my precinct, at 8:15 AM. I was the only voter there at the time, but a few people showed up as I was leaving. The poll worker said I was the second voter from my street.

Thanks for the update & for supporting Rick (who has been a great liberty advocate :) ) +rep

sailingaway
06-05-2012, 12:06 PM

I'm glad you went with Rick, he was one percent below the second place guy in the last Survey USA poll, and the top two (Feinstein and someone) go to the general. I hope it is Rick.

I voted by mail but I just got back from taking some other folks to the poll. They checked registration at sign in and just gave them the right ballot, I guess.

luctor-et-emergo
06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
....and even though you are supposed to be registered Republican to vote for their candidates, I was asked which
ballot I wanted (Dem, Rep, Ind, etc) Not sure if they just made a mistake in asking, but hopefully this means some non Republicans will vote Paul! :)

Well that's when you count on government (or government volunteers) not making any mistakes...
Which is why we want smaller government, so you have less regulations people don't understand because they aren't based on common sense.
Anyways, I don't know if it matters, but it probably doesn't. Dead people get away with voting too.

dannno
06-05-2012, 12:18 PM
My house (socal) will be delivering at least 3 votes for Ron Paul and Rick Williams today. I'm going to go on my lunch break I think.

sailingaway
06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
My house (socal) will be delivering at least 3 votes for Ron Paul and Rick Williams today. I'm going to go on my lunch break I think.

make sure you vote for your central committee members!

check here for your district number and who your central committee members to vote for are, only vote for those on the list, even if you are allowed to vote for more, or you dilute the vote: http://www.voteliberty.info/