PDA

View Full Version : Only 64% of people think that government collects too much private information about them.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2012, 10:20 PM
From a larger Pew poll on the growing "partisan divide" in Amerika.

http://www.people-press.org/2012/06/04/section-5-values-about-business-wall-street-and-labor/6-4-12-v-72/

http://www.people-press.org/files/2012/06/6-4-12-V-72.png

The Goat
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Wonder if the 6% of democrats that changed their mind are smart enough to realize when a Republican retakes the white house that info will still be avalible. XD

brushfire
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
"Dont be google"

wrestlingwes_8
06-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Kind of ridiculous how Republicans didn't think their privacy mattered during Bush's reign, but as soon as a Democrat took office they started to care. Same goes for the Democrats; they cared more when Bush was in office than they do now with Obama. Plus, like the thread title says, only 64% are concerned with the government having too much of their personal information. I have less and less faith in this country every single day...

donnay
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Our jobs are to wake them up out of the false left/right paradigm!!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-05-2012, 05:55 AM
"Dont be google"

lol.

I suspect most people have no idea regarding the level of data government is collecting on them, or that number would rise. That number might also rise if they knew that businesses were often collecting most of their information on behalf of government.

ghengis86
06-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Lol. There's a massive building in Utah being built to store every text, e-mail, phone call, and keystroke for every person in the US. No, not gathering too much at all.

We're so screwed. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

John F Kennedy III
06-05-2012, 07:30 AM
The other 36% were too busy updating their facebook to answer the poll.

donnay
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
The other 36% were too busy updating their facebook to answer the poll.

Sad but soooooo true! Facebook is the antithesis of why so much of peoples privacy is being eroded. :(

libertygrl
06-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Our jobs are to wake them up out of the false left/right paradigm!!

That is IT in a nutshell. I'm continually running into problems where conservatives believe all will be well once a Republican gets into office. Many have short term memories about the first bank bailout under Bush, how he increased spending and tried to shove amnesty of illegals down our throats. It' the freakin' media that divides us - between MSNBC, CNN, Faux News and the press. They play liberals and conservatives off of one another to divide us. Once this campaign is over, I'd really like to see the Ron Paul revolution go after the media. Maybe even create our own media in the process.

oyarde
06-05-2012, 09:45 AM
I actually find it heartening that the number is that high , I would have guessed 50 %

Pericles
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
The other 36% are hoping to get more government benefits.

heavenlyboy34
06-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Sad but soooooo true! Facebook is the antithesis of why so much of peoples privacy is being eroded. :(
That, and there never was a right to privacy to begin with. People voluntarily give up their personal info as if they were celebrities or something, and now it's cool/normal. It seems to be a desire to become a "web-lebrity" and get "attention". It's just not my thing, and I don't get it.