PDA

View Full Version : Any Iowans here?

MsDoodahs
11-16-2007, 10:53 AM
How are Iowans feeling now that Mitt Romney has been used to eliminate the debate?

Is there any anger/upset over this?

Are they fine with it?

Psyclone
11-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm disappointed, but sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Ron Paul Fan
11-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Romney pulls out of the debate like a chicken hawk! It sucks because the other debate scheduled to take place here in Cedar Falls on November 6th was postponed for "scheduling conflicts." A makeup date has not been announced, nor do I anticipate there being one. We've still got the debate on PBS on December 12th though.

adpierce
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I have a suspicion that he doesn't want the debate because he's afraid of getting upstaged by Huckabee. Huckabee is getting serious traction here in Iowa. Ron Paul is getting more notoriety as well, but I really think this was a strategic maneuver on the Romney campaign. If you're on top of the mountain you don't want any opportunity for somebody to knock you off.

adpierce
11-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Romney pulls out of the debate like a chicken hawk! It sucks because the other debate scheduled to take place here in Cedar Falls on November 6th was postponed for "scheduling conflicts." A makeup date has not been announced, nor do I anticipate there being one. We've still got the debate on PBS on December 12th though.

Scheduling conflicts! That's idiotic! This is a freakin' presidential debate what is more important than getting your ideas out there. That is unless you lack any real substance to your campaign.

RockEnds
11-16-2007, 11:28 AM
This isn't about the debate, but it is about Romney. Des Moines Register article today:

"Iowa, N.H. voters get calls slamming Romney"

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071116/NEWS/71116004