PDA

View Full Version : Mayor of Italian town to residents: "Dying is prohibited".

Anti Federalist
06-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Bloomy in NYC could take a lesson from this.

Why bother banning foods and smokes and driving and god knows what else?

Just pass an ordinance that prohibits death.

Mayor of small Italian town orders residents not to die

http://www.news.com.au/world/mayor-of-small-italian-town-orders-residents-not-to-die/story-e6frfkyi-1226298727987

THE mayor of a small town in southern Italy has forbidden residents to die, because there is no cemetery for them to be buried in.

Giulio Cesare Fava, the mayor of Falciano del Massico, located about 30 miles (50km) north of Naples, southern Italy, issued the order earlier this month stating, "it is forbidden for residents ... to go beyond the boundaries of earthly life, to go into the afterlife."

So far only two residents have disobeyed the edict, La Stampa daily reported, with two recorded deaths since March 5.

The unusual order follows a dispute with a neighbouring town, which has owned the old cemetery since local boundaries were redrawn in 1964. The two communities disagree about a planned expansion of the site, so Fava pulled out of the project and decided to build a new cemetery for Falciano del Massico's living 4000 residents.

But until he gains the right permits and builds the new final resting place, the townsfolk have been ordered to keep on living.

heavenlyboy34
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
lolz :D Our ever-increasingly statist world provides seemingly endless theater of the absurd.

sailingaway
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
I wonder how they plan to enforce it?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Is there capital punishment for breaking this law?

Anti Federalist
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM

By seizing the assets of or imprisoning the surviving family members.

That would be my guess.

luctor-et-emergo
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
I guess this is the most effective way to keep a graveyard from filling up, as anyone that dies is probably evidence in a crime.
I wonder if they have enough freezer space to stack all those criminals!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't care if I died. SUE ME! *

*I do care about not dying, this is in no way shape or form a reason to send a predator drone over my head. Thanks.

oyarde
06-04-2012, 11:22 PM
I have given this order before , seemed reasonable at the time , but , I was not the Mayor .....

farreri
06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Sweet, that's all we had to do all this time to get eternal life, just prohibit death?!

donnay
06-04-2012, 11:27 PM

They make them sleep with the fishes!

paulbot24
06-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Sweet, that's all we had to do all this time to get eternal life, just prohibit death?!

Prohibit death and tell them all the tax-collectors are waiting for them in the afterlife. Should do the trick.

John F Kennedy III
06-05-2012, 01:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXT47A1O9R0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

John F Kennedy III
06-05-2012, 01:10 AM
There'll be no illegal dying. The only people who die in my town are those I shoot or hang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Bean

PaulConventionWV
06-05-2012, 07:26 AM

It's like laws against suicide, except even worse than that...