PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobb is hinting that he will run for President!

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Whoa! I don't know how I feel about this. Lou Dobb supports many of the same positions as Dr. Paul. His entry into the race may hurt Ron Paul's chances. No wonder he has avoided talking about Paul.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/11/16/lou-dobbs-to-enter-race/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

"Dobbs posted a commentary on his Web site last week predicting a surprise new candidate in 2008. The mystery candidate is an "independent populist . . . who understands the genius of this country lies in the hearts and minds of its people and not in the prerogatives and power of its elites."

steph3n
11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd never vote for Dobbs, he supports national id, and unfree trade, universal healthcare I believe too. Basically a strong borders protectionist democrat

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't think he was thinking of running himself.

stevedasbach
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Whoa! I don't know how I feel about this. Lou Dobb supports many of the same positions as Dr. Paul. His entry into the race may hurt Ron Paul's chances. No wonder he has avoided talking about Paul.

http://news.aol.com/political-machine/2007/11/16/lou-dobbs-to-enter-race/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

"Dobbs posted a commentary on his Web site last week predicting a surprise new candidate in 2008. The mystery candidate is an "independent populist . . . who understands the genius of this country lies in the hearts and minds of its people and not in the prerogatives and power of its elites."

If he runs, it will be as an independent, which won't affect Ron Paul in the primaries.

Adamsa
11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
What a waste...

jake
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM
not good.

Highstreet
11-16-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't think he was thinking of running himself.

Vote no at the bottom of the article.

werdd
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
nader.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 11:06 AM
If he runs, it will be as an independent, which won't affect Ron Paul in the primaries.

It depends on when he makes his anouncement. Many independents who may be inclined to support Ron Paul may move over to Dobbs. I think just his starting rumors is bad news.

LibertyEagle
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Oh geez!!!!

JMann
11-16-2007, 11:17 AM
The huge outcry for a Dobb's run is ear shattering.

curtisag
11-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Dobbs is a constitutionalist, but he's also a welfare state supporter. He is much closer to Mike Gravel or Kucinich than Ron Paul. The only difference being, he wants to protect our borders and national sovereignty. The far left wants open borders and more illegal immigration.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
The huge outcry for a Dobb's run is ear shattering.

Yeah, they are going crazy over Lou Dobbs on the posts. They sound like us when we promote Ron Paul. I really think Lou Dobbs could steal some of Ron Paul's thunder and distract from Dr. Paul's message since on the surface they sound very similar.

Grandson of Liberty
11-16-2007, 11:37 AM
let's look at the glass half-full. . .

he runs. . .has the name recognition to garner a good chunk of support, but not enough to win. . .so after getting an excited group of supporters, he drops out and endorses Ron Paul! :)

Mister Grieves
11-16-2007, 11:45 AM
I have little to no respect for Lou Dobbs.

He's had plenty of times to follow up his tirades over how messed up things are and pointing out that Ron Paul is the only one saying anything about those issues. Instead, he says things like "No one has the courage to address these things," etc.

Lou Dobbs is just another gutless coward, playing the role of the lone voice of reason in a safe little spot in the corner of a cable news show.

paulitics
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I have little to no respect for Lou Dobbs.

He's had plenty of times to follow up his tirades over how messed up things are and pointing out that Ron Paul is the only one saying anything about those issues. Instead, he says things like "No one has the courage to address these things," etc.

Lou Dobbs is just another gutless coward, playing the role of the lone voice of reason in a safe little spot in the corner of a cable news show.

I disagree. If it wasn't for Dobbs, the amnesty Bill would have probably passed. He is one of the sanest voices on TV. So he's not in lockstep with a libertarians economic viewpoint. That doesn't make him a coward. Actually he has balls of steel. I could see him endorsing a Pat buchanan, or similar populaist.

The difference between him and guys like Bill O'reilly who does incredible damage to our freedoms in this country is like night and day. And he is not endorsing anyone, but he said the only guys running with integrity are RP and John Edwards.

aksmith
11-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Lou Dobbs is yet one more egomaniacal, bloviating, moronic turd. He has created this populist buffoon character and has played it to the hilt. And now, he's buying into his own manufactured BS.

And to anyone on this board who thinks he shares anything in common with Dr. Paul, you really need to stop watching TV and go outside. Get some sun on those brittle bones you're developing. Eat some fish. I hear it's brain food.

Lou Dobbs is basically a bloated, less wealthy Ross Perot. He was never going to support Ron Paul because Dobbs is a moron and in it completely for himself. He's no better than Glen Beck. And we all know just what that means. When I see either of them on the tube, I hear clown music on a calliope and someone off camera hollering, "Dance, monkey, Dance!"

fletcher
11-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Dobbs is a constitutionalist, but he's also a welfare state supporter.

You can't be both.

curtisag
11-16-2007, 12:03 PM
You can't be both.

That's true. What I really meant to say was, Lou Dobbs wants to restore civil liberties, protect the borders, and our sovereignty, but he supports welfare just like any liberal. He's not a true constitutionalist like Ron, but he has many pro-constitution positions.

hillertexas
11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Maybe he could be a good vice president

RevolutionSD
11-16-2007, 12:05 PM

That's wrong. I saw him speak LIVE last week at UCSD and he said he won't run, and even if he wanted to his wife wouldn't let him. I wouldn't worry about Dobbs much.

Thom1776
11-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Lou Dobbs is going nowhere. Don't worry about it.

Cindy
11-16-2007, 12:15 PM
If Paul gets the Republican nomination, Dobbs running as an Independent won't steal from him. Dobb's has toooo many Nanny government positions. He would however, be a spoiler, stealing a ton of votes from the Democrat nominee, giving Paul the win in 2008!!!

Thomas Paine
11-16-2007, 12:26 PM
He won't run.

Delaware
11-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I think we all know who he's talking about, a Republican mayor of a liberal city who recently changed to Independant, Bloomberg (throws up)

saahmed
11-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe he will run only if he sees that Ron Paul does not win the Republican nomination. He did say he likes Paul didnt he?

BrazilLuLa
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
People.

Stop being so reactionary! Collectively, we get a little overanxious insignificant developments.

me3
11-16-2007, 03:21 PM
People.

Stop being so reactionary! Collectively, we get a little overanxious insignificant developments.
Quote for truth.

Also, this is just another tactic to take away from Dr. Paul.

Stay focused on getting voters, delegates and ballot petitions complete.

Cali4RonPaul
11-16-2007, 03:29 PM
He won't run.

Lets Hope So. A Dobbs Run would be bad for us.

Proemio
11-16-2007, 03:38 PM
I think we all know who he's talking about, a Republican mayor of a liberal city who recently changed to Independant, Bloomberg (throws up)

Yes - we all know...

And if that 'independent' doesn't fly, they'll likely 'draft' Dobbs in desperation.
It's another trial-balloon for both contingencies.

Ron Paul in 2008
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM

I will lose all respect for him if he runs. Why is he doing this with Ron Paul in the race and so late? Dobbs will take away a lot of potential RP voters and take a lot of our thunder away.

dsentell
11-16-2007, 03:45 PM
That's wrong. I saw him speak LIVE last week at UCSD and he said he won't run, and even if he wanted to his wife wouldn't let him. I wouldn't worry about Dobbs much.

I SURE hope you are right -- he has quite a following . . .

TheNewYorker
11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
I will lose all respect for him if he runs. Why is he doing this with Ron Paul in the race and so late? Dobbs will take away a lot of potential RP voters and take a lot of our thunder away.

I think he's talking about bloomberg

Ron Paul in 2008
11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
I SURE hope you are right -- he has quite a following . . .

Me too. He might be a good VP for Ron Paul though.