PDA

View Full Version : Bilderberg 2012: protesters hail their hero, Alex Jones

donnay
06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Bilderberg 2012: protesters hail their hero, Alex Jones

Radio host from Austin rallies demonstrators with full-throated denunciation of the global elite

Ryan Devereaux (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/03/bilderberg-2012-protesters-alex-jones)
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 3 June 2012 18.03 EDT

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/6/3/1338760944494/Protesters-at-the-Bilderb-008.jpg
Protesters at the annual Bilderberg conference, which has been held at the Westfields Marriott hotel in Chantilly, Virginia. Photograph: Rex Features

As the demonstrations targeting the Bilderberg conference of international leaders in Chantilly, Virginia, drew to a close on Sunday, dozens of protesters gathered around one man, hoping for a picture or an autograph.

"Alex, what's next?" one protester repeatedly yelled.

"God bless you, Alex," said a number of others, as they stood outside a service entrance to a heavily guarded Marriott.

The object of their adoration was Alex Jones, an Austin, Texas-based radio host and counter-culture icon. A stout man with close-cropped hair, Jones was dressed in denim, his temples soaked with sweat.

Throughout the morning black sedans and SUVs would leave the property amid jeers from the crowd. The passengers, the demonstrators believed, were members of an international elite intent on establishing a "new world order".

Police had confined the protesters to patches of grass on either side of the entrance, and at one point prevented anyone from crossing one side to the other. Then Jones arrived.

"Get 'em, Alex," said one woman, as Jones made a beeline for the police. Surrounded by his media crew – who live-streamed every moment with their cell phones – Jones spoke to the officers. Moments later he managed to cross the street, with dozens of his supporters behind him.

The protesters saw the achievement as a victory, cheering, chanting and pumping their fists in the air.

Jones quickly took control of the situation, using his unmistakable voice– amplified by a megaphone – to launch into a full-throated denunciation of the global elite, the erosion of rights and liberty, and the establishment of federal "reeducation camps".

"The best bullhorner there is," one protester said of Jones's oratory skills. When Jones began describing how he likes to use multiple megaphones end to end, a demonstrator called him "the people's L-Rad", a reference to a sonic weapon police departments sometimes use against protesters.

Without Jones's radio show and website it is difficult to estimate how many demonstrators would have turned out to protest against the off-the-record Bilderberg meeting over the past three days. T-shirts bearing the name of his programme and references to his work were staple elements throughout the rally. Demonstrators would repeat a tag line from his show: "What's the answer to 1984? 1776!"

"Alex has been, more than anyone by far, instrumental in waking people up to what's going on in the world today; the Bilderbergs, the destruction of our constitution and our rights, mass poisoning, mass vaccinations," said John Kopel. "He's done it all."

"Even if you don't like his style, what he's done for the freedom movement in America is immense," Kopel said. "That's why I'm here. I look at his website every day. He's an inspiration."

"He's incredible," said Carmine Diiorio, who travelled from Baltimore to protest at Bilderberg. Diiorio carried an elaborate hand-drawn sign that his 15-year-old daughter made.

The sign caught Jones's eye. As the radio host approached to get a closer look, Diiorio yelled, "Death to the new world order, Alex!" Jones delighted in the artwork, had his crew take photos, and later signed it.

"He's only one person but it really gives you a testament of what one person can achieve," Diiorio said.

Jones is not without his critics, who say he uses his influence to promote paranoia and conspiracy theories, based on incomplete or self-serving research. His focus on secret societies with ties to devil worship and mass eugenics programs, controversial 9/11 theories and the power of the Illuminati, have been ridiculed and dismissed by figures on both sides of the political aisle as well as journalists and independent observers.

With respect to this year's Bilderberg protests – the most well-attended ever, by most accounts – Jones said his show was "central to kicking it off".

With a network of supporters that often relies on Jones for their news, the radio host says he does face challenges.

"You do get off balance when you're trying to talk to sources, get reports out, take photos, shoot video, sign autographs. It's like a balancing act," Jones said. "It does tend to fracture the thought process. Very stressful."

Elwar
06-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Great job Alex Jones. He paves the way for demonstrating how to deal with the global elite.

If he were around during WWII he would have showed the Allies that instead of attacking Germany, you should just stand outside of Hitler's building and yell into a bullhorn and boy will that show him.

If I ever want to do something underhanded and am afraid that if the masses found out that I would be over-run and destroyed, I would hire Alex Jones to demonstrate to the people just how to handle me, as I sit relaxed and safe inside my building listening to the bullhorn like music in my ears.

donnay
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Great job Alex Jones. He paves the way for demonstrating how to deal with the global elite.

If he were around during WWII he would have showed the Allies that instead of attacking Germany, you should just stand outside of Hitler's building and yell into a bullhorn and boy will that show him.

If I ever want to do something underhanded and am afraid that if the masses found out that I would be over-run and destroyed, I would hire Alex Jones to demonstrate to the people just how to handle me, as I sit relaxed and safe inside my building listening to the bullhorn like music in my ears.

Yes he did a good job being a thorn in the side of people who want to control our life. The same scum who have influenced and hijacked many governments along with ours.

CaptUSA
06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
The good and bad of Alex Jones?

Good - He brings thousands of people into the liberty movement.

Bad - He further isolates even more people.

His style is vitriolic but he asks the right questions. Unfortunately, he provides answers to those questions that may or may not be true. His research does not seem to be very thorough.

I'm of mixed minds on Alex Jones, personally. However, I appreciate that he is on the right side - even if I disagree with some of his methods.

donnay
06-04-2012, 10:41 AM
The good and bad of Alex Jones?

Good - He brings thousands of people into the liberty movement.

Bad - He further isolates even more people.

His style is vitriolic but he asks the right questions. Unfortunately, he provides answers to those questions that may or may not be true. His research does not seem to be very thorough.

I'm of mixed minds on Alex Jones, personally. However, I appreciate that he is on the right side - even if I disagree with some of his methods.

Good for you. There is no reason to believe everything Alex says, he even tells you to check it out yourself. He is a messenger--nothing more. People have got to think for themselves and use discernment.

Alex Jones IMHO is sincere. He has three small children and he does what he does for their future, as I do for my children.

WarNoMore
06-04-2012, 11:01 AM

If Ron Paul were around(oh wait technically he was lulz) he'd say to stay out of Germany's business. Boy would that of showed those nazi's.

If I ever want to do something underhanded and am afraid that if the masses found out that I would be over-run and destroyed, I would hire Ron Paul to demonstrate to the people just how to handle me, as I sit relaxed and safe inside my building watching the corporate media ignore Ron Paul's quixotic run for the presidency.

moostraks
06-04-2012, 01:33 PM

Conscientious Objectors in World War II

War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector
enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today.
--John F. Kennedy

A very strong pacifist movement existed in the United States between World Wars I and II. The horror and devastation resulting from World War I was strongly felt in both Europe and the United States. In 1936, an estimated 12 million Americans considered themselves pacifists, and Congress passed the 1940 draft only after an intense and lengthy public debate.

The Selective Service Act of 1940 also established an alternative noncombatant service for those who, “by reason of religious training and belief, [are] conscientiously opposed to participation in war in any form.” It also provided for the man who, “if he is found to be conscientiously opposed to participation in such noncombatant service in lieu of such induction, be assigned to work of national importance under civilian direction.” Of the estimated 43,000 World War II objectors, 25,000 served in the military as non-combatants, 6,000 went to prison, and 12,000 were inducted into Civilian Public Service camps. The three historic peace churches--the Quakers, the Brethren, and the Mennonites–concerned because of the abysmal treatment of conscientious objectors during World War I, worked with the government to ensure humane treatment of internees.

Opponents to World War II grew beyond members of the peace churches to include men who opposed war for ethical, philosophical and political reasons. Those who were sent to CPS camps were not always passive to the treatment they received, but many resisted in various ways the system that they viewed as punishing them for their beliefs and severely limiting their civil liberties. The influence of the World War II objectors on those who resisted the draft during the Vietnam War was significant.

http://www.lib.uci.edu/about/publications/exhibits/warwithin/index.php?page=section_5

John F Kennedy III
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Bilderberg 2012: protesters hail their hero, Alex Jones

Radio host from Austin rallies demonstrators with full-throated denunciation of the global elite

Ryan Devereaux (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/03/bilderberg-2012-protesters-alex-jones)
guardian.co.uk, Sunday 3 June 2012 18.03 EDT

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/6/3/1338760944494/Protesters-at-the-Bilderb-008.jpg
Protesters at the annual Bilderberg conference, which has been held at the Westfields Marriott hotel in Chantilly, Virginia. Photograph: Rex Features

As the demonstrations targeting the Bilderberg conference of international leaders in Chantilly, Virginia, drew to a close on Sunday, dozens of protesters gathered around one man, hoping for a picture or an autograph.

"Alex, what's next?" one protester repeatedly yelled.

"God bless you, Alex," said a number of others, as they stood outside a service entrance to a heavily guarded Marriott.

The object of their adoration was Alex Jones, an Austin, Texas-based radio host and counter-culture icon. A stout man with close-cropped hair, Jones was dressed in denim, his temples soaked with sweat.

Throughout the morning black sedans and SUVs would leave the property amid jeers from the crowd. The passengers, the demonstrators believed, were members of an international elite intent on establishing a "new world order".

Police had confined the protesters to patches of grass on either side of the entrance, and at one point prevented anyone from crossing one side to the other. Then Jones arrived.

"Get 'em, Alex," said one woman, as Jones made a beeline for the police. Surrounded by his media crew – who live-streamed every moment with their cell phones – Jones spoke to the officers. Moments later he managed to cross the street, with dozens of his supporters behind him.

The protesters saw the achievement as a victory, cheering, chanting and pumping their fists in the air.

Jones quickly took control of the situation, using his unmistakable voice– amplified by a megaphone – to launch into a full-throated denunciation of the global elite, the erosion of rights and liberty, and the establishment of federal "reeducation camps".

"The best bullhorner there is," one protester said of Jones's oratory skills. When Jones began describing how he likes to use multiple megaphones end to end, a demonstrator called him "the people's L-Rad", a reference to a sonic weapon police departments sometimes use against protesters.

Without Jones's radio show and website it is difficult to estimate how many demonstrators would have turned out to protest against the off-the-record Bilderberg meeting over the past three days. T-shirts bearing the name of his programme and references to his work were staple elements throughout the rally. Demonstrators would repeat a tag line from his show: "What's the answer to 1984? 1776!"

"Alex has been, more than anyone by far, instrumental in waking people up to what's going on in the world today; the Bilderbergs, the destruction of our constitution and our rights, mass poisoning, mass vaccinations," said John Kopel. "He's done it all."

"Even if you don't like his style, what he's done for the freedom movement in America is immense," Kopel said. "That's why I'm here. I look at his website every day. He's an inspiration."

"He's incredible," said Carmine Diiorio, who travelled from Baltimore to protest at Bilderberg. Diiorio carried an elaborate hand-drawn sign that his 15-year-old daughter made.

The sign caught Jones's eye. As the radio host approached to get a closer look, Diiorio yelled, "Death to the new world order, Alex!" Jones delighted in the artwork, had his crew take photos, and later signed it.

"He's only one person but it really gives you a testament of what one person can achieve," Diiorio said.

Jones is not without his critics, who say he uses his influence to promote paranoia and conspiracy theories, based on incomplete or self-serving research. His focus on secret societies with ties to devil worship and mass eugenics programs, controversial 9/11 theories and the power of the Illuminati, have been ridiculed and dismissed by figures on both sides of the political aisle as well as journalists and independent observers.

With respect to this year's Bilderberg protests – the most well-attended ever, by most accounts – Jones said his show was "central to kicking it off".

With a network of supporters that often relies on Jones for their news, the radio host says he does face challenges.

"You do get off balance when you're trying to talk to sources, get reports out, take photos, shoot video, sign autographs. It's like a balancing act," Jones said. "It does tend to fracture the thought process. Very stressful."

Great article. Thank you for posting!

Alex Jones has done alot for the liberty movement in our fight against the globalists. He is truly a great inspiration. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do Alex.

liberalnurse
06-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Alex was on coast to coast last night for the first hour. Very good. George just lets him talk. He always has the info to back up what he's saying. Like above poster said he's the messenger and encourages you to research what he says.

NewRightLibertarian
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM

What is wrong with organizing, protesting, hosting a radio show and making documentary films? Why is rallying people to the side of freedom a bad thing? You probably have similar feelings about Ron Paul and his fruitless Presidential efforts too. Shame on you.

Zippyjuan
06-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Alex was on coast to coast last night for the first hour. Very good. George just lets him talk. He always has the info to back up what he's saying. Like above poster said he's the messenger and encourages you to research what he says.

But he hopes you won't dig too much. He does use facts which of course can be verified but he presents them in misleading ways often.

NewRightLibertarian
06-04-2012, 11:29 PM
But he hopes you won't dig too much. He does use facts which of course can be verified but he presents them in misleading ways often.

He goes off on wild tangents, but covers a wide array of topics that are critically important that the mainstream doesn't touch. IMO, his sensationalism is good at getting attention on these important topics. He's not the perfect messenger, but overall he does a great job and does fantastic interviews with many of the leaders of the freedom movement on a regular basis.

donnay
06-04-2012, 11:37 PM

That's because some of the intel he gets is actually worse than he can even believe. Nevertheless, I have researched and dug deep and found things far worse than what he is reporting.