PDA

View Full Version : How one WA National Delegate Candidate used his 30 second "Elect Me" speech

jemuf
06-03-2012, 10:48 PM
If you need inspiration; this is the epitome of "Never quit".

http://youtu.be/_LnjP-OKXhI

"Hi, my name is Graham Nayler and I am a delegate from the 34th District. I would just like to say that I am appalled by the unscrupulous actions taken by leadership in King County. For those of you who are unaware, bubble ballot sheets and scanner machines were withheld in the 36th district by Lisa Shinn and in the 37th the caucus was forced to conduct the meeting outside after the King County Chairwoman Lori Sotelo prevented the business of the assembly from being completed inside the facility. If the Republican Party wants to win elections we need to welcome newcomers with open arms rather than attempting to exclude people with divisive tactics."

I attended the Washington State Convention as an alternate. It was clear from the beginning the Ron Paul supporters were outnumbered. The Romney supporters were very well organized. Romney signs dominated. For some reason the handful of Ron Paul signs present were handmade. Several dozen Romney supporters also wore prison orange T-shirts and flashed neon colored Yes or No signs prior to a vote.

The convention played a one minute video where Santorum specifically addressed the Washingtion Convention and told the delegates to support Romney.

Three very curious situations were:

1) the fact that it took several hours to complete the Delegate Credentials Report

2) later arrivals were allowed (about one hour late)

3) about 30 alternates from King County were promoted to Delegate.

There were a few inspirational moments like Graham's speech. Another moment occurred on the first day. Even though Ron Paul supporters were outnumbered they overcame a very thunderous "ROMNEY" chant with an even louder "RON PAUL" chant.

Origanalist
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
And they commenced right back into their blah, blah. There is only ONE force advocating liberty in this country.