PDA

View Full Version : H. R. 5882 Legislative Branch appropriations for FY 2013

ClydeCoulter
06-03-2012, 08:05 PM
I just went to look up S. 202: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011 on GovTrack and the page had black marks all over it, then a pop up over the main window showed a warning

This is what GovTrack could look like
if H.R. 5882 passes.

I did a search on DuckDuckGo for HR 5882 and did not find any specific info.

Anyone else see this or know what amendment within the bill that would prevent GovTrack from being able to show bills and their status?

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
I know nothing about it, but I intend to find out.

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Here is what the Sunlight Foundation wrote about how it would erode governmental transparency. Also govtrack says it could come up as early as Wednesday under suspension so we need to write our Reps about it.

http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2012/05/30/appropriators-may-undercut-legislative-transparency/

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 08:15 PM
I sent this:

HR 5882 constitutes a huge step backwards for governmental transparency since its impact would be to severely limit the ease of availability of legislative material to the public, on the internet.

Below is a report by the Sunlight Foundation discussing this problem.
http://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2012/05/30/appropriators-may-undercut-legislative-transparency/

Please vote AGAINST HR 5882.

Thank you.

GeorgiaAvenger
06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
This is what GovTrack could look like
if H.R. 5882 passes.

The American public can’t be trusted with records about what Congress is doing, at least according to H.R. 5882. The bill may come to the floor this week with a provision that rolls back the clock on transparency.

You are already an upstanding citizen for researching bills in Congress. Now step up to the next challenge and write your representative to fix the bill.
Write a Letter

Speaker Boehner and House Majority Leader Cantor have supported bulk legislative data over the last year. Rep. Honda has supported bulk data for many years. We need to show that the public cares about this issue too before the bill comes to a vote.

Read information for legislative staff about H.R. 5882.

Close

ClydeCoulter
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Okay, good find sailing, I'm going to use PopVox to write congressman and vote against...