PDA

View Full Version : What I thought was a crazy idea...

teshuah
11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
On November 2nd I woke up with the idea in the middle of the night and couldn't shake it. When I woke up I posted it to the few meetup groups I am a part of and received very encouraging feedback to pursue the idea. And so I did, I finished it and now I want to pass it out to any Ron Paul supporter who could use it.

Here is the gist of what was posted on November 2nd: We should organize a little skit to go along with handing out the Slim Jims when doing so in places of large crowds coming and going like shopping malls, Walmart Parking Lots, Standing outside events, etc.

This is the idea:

The characters: Thomas Jefferson (TJ) and an Uneducated Citizen (UC)
Scene: The Street or wherever we are handing out slim jims - mall, etc; everyday America

Background: Thomas Jefferson has just been handed a Slim Jim and is reading it while walking -thus not watching where he is going. The Uneducated Citizen has also received one from one of the other someone else from an opposite direction and is doing the same. They bump into each other. The UC looks up and recognizes who he is and starts telling him he's confused as to who he should be supporting as a candidate! He is torn between what to believe about the War, the economy, trade. He is being told so many different things, but doesn't know what direction to head in!

TJ's response is filled with quotes that apply - things he, himself said a couple hundred years ago - that are pasted together to form the conversation.

UC wants to go with what the Founding Fathers said for our country because he/she knows that the principles our country were established on are for all time and are what will work best for us. So, who should he vote for?

TJ looks down at the Slim Jim and says something like, "I think I have your answer RIGHT HERE! THIS is the man that is your Hope, and everyone's Hope for America! Help Save the Constitution - the the document that I hold so dearly! Vote for Ron Paul and do everything you can to see him on your Party's Ticket!"

You can view the file on the Minnesota Meetup at: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/55/files/
(http://ronpaul.meetup.com/55/files/)

If it is too long - shorten it. I just couldn't figure out what to leave out. Youtube it and let's see it in action!

zebov
11-16-2007, 11:06 AM
On November 2nd I woke up with the idea in the middle of the night and couldn't shake it. When I woke up I posted it to the few meetup groups I am a part of and received very encouraging feedback to pursue the idea. And so I did, I finished it and now I want to pass it out to any Ron Paul supporter who could use it.

Here is the gist of what was posted on November 2nd: We should organize a little skit to go along with handing out the Slim Jims when doing so in places of large crowds coming and going like shopping malls, Walmart Parking Lots, Standing outside events, etc.

This is the idea:

The characters: Thomas Jefferson (TJ) and an Uneducated Citizen (UC)
Scene: The Street or wherever we are handing out slim jims - mall, etc; everyday America

Background: Thomas Jefferson has just been handed a Slim Jim and is reading it while walking -thus not watching where he is going. The Uneducated Citizen has also received one from one of the other someone else from an opposite direction and is doing the same. They bump into each other. The UC looks up and recognizes who he is and starts telling him he's confused as to who he should be supporting as a candidate! He is torn between what to believe about the War, the economy, trade. He is being told so many different things, but doesn't know what direction to head in!

TJ's response is filled with quotes that apply - things he, himself said a couple hundred years ago - that are pasted together to form the conversation.

UC wants to go with what the Founding Fathers said for our country because he/she knows that the principles our country were established on are for all time and are what will work best for us. So, who should he vote for?

TJ looks down at the Slim Jim and says something like, "I think I have your answer RIGHT HERE! THIS is the man that is your Hope, and everyone's Hope for America! Help Save the Constitution - the the document that I hold so dearly! Vote for Ron Paul and do everything you can to see him on your Party's Ticket!"

You can view the file on the Minnesota Meetup at: http://ronpaul.meetup.com/55/files/
(http://ronpaul.meetup.com/55/files/)

If it is too long - shorten it. I just couldn't figure out what to leave out. Youtube it and let's see it in action!

Have you tried this? Does it have a good impact?

I was a member of a shortform improv comedy troupe for a few years and from my experience, it's pretty hard to get people's attention via a performance if they aren't there specifically to see you. It all depends on the presentation though. How has this worked out so far? I'd love to see it in action :)

DealzOnWheelz
11-16-2007, 11:14 AM
a great way to suck people in is live music

have a couple guys there dressed in old school revolutionary war time clothes who are playing guitars and other instruments to get the people interested and then you can move right into the skit once you have them hooked

teshuah
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
No I haven't tried it. I just posted it today.

I'm just the deliverer ---- y'all do with it what you see fit if it appeals to you.

Reject it if ya want LOL.... I'm just the deliverer

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
as a canvasser for the ACLU againt the Military Commsions ACT I would get people to stop by saying things like,

"HEY! You look like you love freedom!"
if someone is wearing yellow, "yellow! the color of freedom"
"Help stop the Bush regime"
"save the wold from Bush"
etc etc

and I would joke, smile, laugh, point out nice shirt whatever if it was.
just be fun personable and ready to speak your message from the heart.

or in this case because you're not fund raising and do not need them to stick around,
say "hey, I know your busy and so am I cause I got to get these out to thousands of people. So I wont tell you much now, just go home get on the site and check it out! You'll thank me later"

you did NOT take their time and you let them know how important their time was and sent them on their way with the message. booo yeah