PDA

View Full Version : Possible Speech to the Several State's Conventions

Father_Abraham85
06-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Please Read

In the mist of all the conflict happening between the grassroots and the establishment lately, I had started to reflect on the greatest conflict in our history. The Civil War. How it started, how it ended, and who had a say in it. I stumbled upon this little gem...."The 1860 Republican Convention Proceedings". In it I found some surprising details about the mind set of the very young party and how Abraham Lincoln became the nominee. And for some reason i wanted to read the Gettysburg Address just one more time (i think i have read it about a billion times) and in the mist of reading it i had some words pop into my head and saw an opportunity for Ron Paul Delegates to connect with the old and new establishment. Bring our cause into the mindset of those who may not "get it". I would like to speak this at my states Convention on June 21, but i need some feed back. I wanted to also help those that my not know what to say to get the Neo-Cons' attention. I don't know if it would but it couldn't hurt. please comment.......

"Seven Score and Twelve years ago Abraham Lincoln brought forth in this country, a new party, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil debate testing whether that party or any party so conceived and so dedicated can long endure.
We are met here at a great convention of that debate. We have come here to dedicate a portion of that debate, as a first attempt to convince all who may listen that our constitution and our nation are in jeopardy. It is altogether necessary and vital that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not deliberate – we can not con•cil•i•ate – we can not heal – our indifference without agreeing: why we are able to do what we are doing right now. The brave men and women who have struggled to articulate the ideas of liberty within this party, have now con•cret•ed it far above the poor power of the statues quo to add or detract. The average citizen will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but they will soon not forget what we did here. It is for us, the delegates of this great state, rather, to dedicate our deliberations to the unfinished work of bringing our constitutional crisis to an end. It is rather up to the new generation to accomplish this great task remaining before us – that from these efforts the old generation will take increase devotion to this cause for which we are giving our sweat, our tears and our financial future! --That we here highly resolve that our constitutional republic shall not vanish in silence – that this party, under god, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."