PDA

View Full Version : Million Dollar Weekly Money Bomb!

Highstreet
11-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Not sure if anyone has posted this up here,yet.

http://ronpaulmoneybomb.com/

To find 40,000 solid volunteers to step up to the plate and donate $25 once per week, every week, to Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign fund. 'Bombs Away' times and date will be provided to your email and posted on this website. Congressman Paul will be given a million dollar boost every single week. We are growing rapidly.

========

They currently have 2300 donors. Keep the money rolling.

This effort is above and beyond the Boston Tea Party event.

Go Ron!!

Highstreet
11-16-2007, 10:38 AM
^^

Brennon
11-16-2007, 10:44 AM
I think 'weekly' type things won't work out as well. If we organize specific days it seems like a bigger deal to most people. If it's a weekly thing, it becomes too routine and people often neglect it.

Edward
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
The neat thing about the original money bomb is that the idea is to get supporters to contribute $1 million in one hour. Since November 5th, support for this seems to have waned as some have encourage others to only support the Tea Party.

Jmaths117
11-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Not sure if anyone has posted this up here,yet.

http://ronpaulmoneybomb.com/

To find 40,000 solid volunteers to step up to the plate and donate $25 once per week, every week, to Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign fund. 'Bombs Away' times and date will be provided to your email and posted on this website. Congressman Paul will be given a million dollar boost every single week. We are growing rapidly.

========

They currently have 2300 donors. Keep the money rolling.

This effort is above and beyond the Boston Tea Party event.

Go Ron!!

I think you guys are overdoing the money bomb things. If you try to do too many they will all fail, and take away from the real money bomb on the 16th

Edward
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I think you guys are overdoing the money bomb things. If you try to do too many they will all fail, and take away from the real money bomb on the 16thAs I've said elsewhere, if you cannot afford to support the weekly money bombs, then don't.... just save your money for the 16th. I think there are plenty of us who can chip in $25 each week to make the original money bomb work.

Highstreet
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
This is for those who want and can donate more.

This is on top of the 16th. Not instead of, or to take away from.

Every donation is a success. This is just a way for those who can to keep that meter going on his site. Some people also need reminders, or like to make plans.

Highstreet
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
As I've said elsewhere, if you cannot afford to support the weekly money bombs, then don't.... just save your money for the 16th. I think there are plenty of us who can chip in $25 each week to make the original money bomb work.

exactly!!

hawkeyenick
11-16-2007, 10:55 AM
As I've said elsewhere, if you cannot afford to support the weekly money bombs, then don't.... just save your money for the 16th. I think there are plenty of us who can chip in $25 each week to make the original money bomb work.

You're forgetting the whole point of the 16th, to set the record

Edward
11-16-2007, 11:15 AM
You're forgetting the whole point of the 16th, to set the recordI haven't forgotten. If we could get together on the original money bomb idea, $1 million in one hour would be another record.

Tenbatsu
11-16-2007, 11:17 AM
This is the original money bomb, the same people do it every week, it raises about 30k in an hour time frame. This isn't a big bomb it's just a little something to move the chains each week.

fourameuphoria
11-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I am totally against this, more against this than Tancredo is against Amnesty. If one person has some extra money, then they should make an extra large donation on the 16th. I hear all the talking points about how if you can afford it, you can donate extra to this to, etc. but whatever we make before December 16th is, as Ron would say, "TOTALLY IRRELEVANT!". Seriously: What looks better? 4 Million over the next month, and 6 Million on 12/16, or 0 dollars over the next month, and 10 million on 12/16?

Edward
11-16-2007, 11:39 AM
This is the original money bomb, the same people do it every week, it raises about 30k in an hour time frame. This isn't a big bomb it's just a little something to move the chains each week.Actually, November 5th, November 11th, and the Tea Party can all credit their origins to the original money bomb. If people got behind the original concept (i.e. 40,000 X $25 in an hour), it would be much more than something to move the chains. I believe that if the grassroots effort were to generate $1 million in one hour tomorrow, the publicity and excitement that it would generate would easily "pay for itself" on December 16th.

I am totally against this, more against this than Tancredo is against Amnesty. If one person has some extra money, then they should make an extra large donation on the 16th. I hear all the talking points about how if you can afford it, you can donate extra to this to, etc. but whatever we make before December 16th is, as Ron would say, "TOTALLY IRRELEVANT!". Seriously: What looks better? 4 Million over the next month, and 6 Million on 12/16, or 0 dollars over the next month, and 10 million on 12/16?If my points are "totally irrelevant" to you, then I guess we're done with each other.

Exarel
11-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Keep it all focused for the 16th.

InTheoryTV
11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
There is always a balancing act.

Records are great and get attention. We in America love records. I love to see records beat by people or teams I support.

I support Ron Paul and want to see a big Tea Party. I also want to see him win, and money he gets now, helps him plan and buy ads NOW. Ron Paul sent out a message this past week asking for people to donate now to help pay for all the expensive radio ads.

We could almost all give more than we have. I mean some of us could give up going out to lunch during the week and instead make it at home and donate the savings. That is my next goal. So finding ways to encourage is good.

Good luck! I'll concider joining this cause with my "Lunch Money".

Also make sure to get out from behind the computers and organize with your meetup group. Last night we had 15 people show up for our meeting and we completed 500 letters to be mailed out today to Libertarians in our county. The letter was written and paid for my a local fellow who changed from the Libertarian party to the Republican party for Ron Paul. We also included the change your voting registration form. My point is to get more active. Do it!

jpinkerton
11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
I just wonder what would happen if those 30k donations each week for the next 4 weeks were all put towards the 16th, what would happen. Make the 16th the final BIG one and then have everyone do weekly after that....

Edward
11-16-2007, 12:30 PM
I just wonder what would happen if those 30k donations each week for the next 4 weeks were all put towards the 16th, what would happen. Make the 16th the final BIG one and then have everyone do weekly after that....The campaign stated that the publicity garnered by November 5th was probably worth more than the $4.3 million that was raised. I can't help but wonder how raising a million dollars in an hour would not be beneficial to raising awareness of the Tea Party. Perhaps I'm the only one who sees the original money bomb as being beneficial to the Tea Party cause.

Naraku
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah plus getting more money sooner is very important. I'm tired of this BS "focus on the Tea Party" thing that has actually been sucking money away from regular donations. There wasn't this kind of talk before November 5th about sticking to one day, but it ended up beating records without nearly as much exposure or time as the Tea Party.

The Tea Party already has nearly 15,000 subscribers with nearly 30 days left. It's going to hit it out of the park no matter what happens in between so telling people to just not donate is ludicrous.

BrazilLuLa
11-16-2007, 03:23 PM
You are 100% correct.

Tea party will be successful.
But donations now are equally important.

Records don't matter. Cash Flow does.

Ron Paul Fan
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
We need to focus on December 16th. I can't believe anyone would even suggest otherwise after the monumental success of November 5th. Do they not want to break $10 million on this historic day? It's going to hit it out of the park only if we keep focusing on it and promoting it. Shifting money bombs around, taking in $30,000 more on Thanksgiving, reducing by $5 million on Dec. 16th, TOTALLY IRRELEVANT! We need a new money bomb policy that says we oughta focus on the tea party, raise $10 million, and make the impact of the day as BIG as possible!!!!!!!!!!!! BYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ClayTrainor
11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I know im gonna find a way to give every last cent possible on teh 16th... not too concerned about any other money bombs... no offence... 16th is the one that really matters and we should focus on getting more support for it.

Edward
11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
We need to focus on December 16th. I can't believe anyone would even suggest otherwise after the monumental success of November 5th. Do they not want to break $10 million on this historic day? It's going to hit it out of the park only if we keep focusing on it and promoting it. Shifting money bombs around, taking in $30,000 more on Thanksgiving, reducing by $5 million on Dec. 16th, TOTALLY IRRELEVANT! We need a new money bomb policy that says we oughta focus on the tea party, raise $10 million, and make the impact of the day as BIG as possible!!!!!!!!!!!! BYAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!First of all, none of us are going to forget about the Tea Party as it is mentioned everywhere. Secondly, I do not agree that is "totally irrelevant" to consider what the original money bomb idea could do if everyone were to get behind that... 40,000 people each contributing $25 in an hour would be fantastic publicity for the campaign AND for the Tea Party. In this sense, it's not about "shifting money". Also, given that there is a drought of positive publicity for Ron Paul right now, it would be nice if the campaign could soon report that they raised $10 million for the quarter.

Ron Paul Fan
11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
First of all, none of us are going to forget about the Tea Party as it is mentioned everywhere. Secondly, I do not agree that is "totally irrelevant" to consider what the original money bomb idea could do if everyone were to get behind that... 40,000 people each contributing $25 in an hour would be fantastic publicity for the campaign AND for the Tea Party. In this sense, it's not about "shifting money". Also, given that there is a drought of positive publicity for Ron Paul right now, it would be nice if the campaign could soon report that they raised $10 million for the quarter.

$10 million in a quarter? We can raise $10 million in ONE DAY if we focus on December 16th! That'll give us a LANDSLIDE of POSITIVE PUBLICITY! Just remember what happened after November 5th and DOUBLE IT! The pundits and press will be all over the story of the obscure libertarian candidate who raised $10 million in one day. They will no longer be able to write us off! The money raised on November 5th will be chicken feed compared to what the 16th brings in. And we can only do it if we all UNITE IN THIS COMMON GOAL!!!!!!! Sample Headline- RON PAUL: FROM PAUPER TO PRINCE!!!!!!

Edward
11-16-2007, 03:53 PM
$10 million in a quarter? We can raise $10 million in ONE DAY if we focus on December 16th! That'll give us a LANDSLIDE of POSITIVE PUBLICITY! Just remember what happened after November 5th and DOUBLE IT! The pundits and press will be all over the story of the obscure libertarian candidate who raised $10 million in one day. They will no longer be able to write us off! The money raised on November 5th will be chicken feed compared to what the 16th brings in. And we can only do it if we all UNITE IN THIS COMMON GOAL!!!!!!! Sample Headline- RON PAUL: FROM PAUPER TO PRINCE!!!!!!You're shouting.

December 16th is an entire month away. What do you plan to do to get Ron Paul's name in the headlines before then? Others have suggested ideas: 1) Raise $1 million in an hour. 2) Get to the $10 million for the quarter mark. These goals could be reached in a manner that would actually help the Tea Party to be MORE successful. A lot of you seem to view this as "shifting money". In my opinion, raising awareness of the campaign and the grassroots efforts in the next week or two could make the Tea Party even more successful. That should be a common goal.

frasu
11-16-2007, 04:02 PM
First of all, none of us are going to forget about the Tea Party as it is mentioned everywhere. Secondly, I do not agree that is "totally irrelevant" to consider what the original money bomb idea could do if everyone were to get behind that... 40,000 people each contributing $25 in an hour would be fantastic publicity for the campaign AND for the Tea Party. In this sense, it's not about "shifting money". Also, given that there is a drought of positive publicity for Ron Paul right now, it would be nice if the campaign could soon report that they raised $10 million for the quarter.

I totally agree... It is very disheartening to see the way the cash flows in now... Probably we are going to end up having one of the worst weeks money wise... I know it doesn't matter but huckabee won every day this week... I mean $25 a week seems reasonable to me, or even $5, but to wait until the Tea Party is kinda long... we could end up just killing the lead that we built in nov the 5th... all we did this week is 200k... and we are suposed to have new people... they need to help out and they need to be part of this smaller goal bombs...

Naraku
11-16-2007, 08:24 PM
I still agree with the idea of just getting behind one of the hour the weekly money bomb chooses so at least one time they meet their goal.

After all they coined the term money bomb and have contributed to ALL the donation drives. They're donating tomorrow and donated twice last week for November 5th and November 11th.

It's only fair the grassroots should get behind them for a change, even if just once.

$1 million in an hour, even if it comes out of the Tea Party, which it probably will not, will get lots of coverage and any money lost could easily be made up for in new donors. Also, it's likely that's the only way the counter's going to get close to $12 million before the Tea Party. Now which is better, getting $10 million in a day and making it $20 million up to that point, meeting the goal by morning or getting $10 million in a day, making it $22 million and meeting the goal in the first hour?

Of course, it will probably be more than $10 million in one day. The point isn't to get as much money as possible all at once, but to shatter all previous records and get amazing coverage. That will happen no matter what and no one could EVER change that. However, it certainly wouldn't help if it was set for a blowout and the server crashed in the first hour of December 16th.