PDA

View Full Version : Getting Sick of the Social Security System

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-03-2012, 10:32 AM
It seems everything I want to do now requires my SSN, which I don't give out, btw. Just to sell a trinket online, now I have to produce my SSN because of some overbearing legislation passed in favor of the IRS. I.E. I used a payment service similar to paypal, which I've been using for a while since they don't ask for all my personal information, now with the law they tell me I need to produce it (though technically, the law states $20,000 a year or 200 transactions) but they want to force me to give them my "tax information" anyway. Doesn't this fall under 42 USC 408, because they are threatening to terminate my account if I don't give them my SSN? So annoying. I wouldn't have a problem with it if everything on the internet wasn't hacked constantly.

With my luck, the site will get hacked the month after I give them the information, though I guess some will say it doesn't matter, because the SS office itself has been hacked http://www.cringely.com/2012/03/30/the-30-billion-hack/ which begs the question, how do I opt out from the social security system, period? This country is unforgiving with identity theft. I have to give out my SSN for every G** damn thing, but if it's stolen without it being of my own fault, it's my responsibility?

Ronulus
06-03-2012, 10:40 AM
You can't opt out of the system. The only way to get out of the system would be to stop using US Currency period. But even then they may be able to get you on other counties currency, yet if you don't convert it, maybe not. However it will be tough to find a store that will accept another currency.

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Welcome to serfdom!

Victor Grey
06-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Funny how your security doesn't matter much isn't it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Funny how your security doesn't matter much isn't it.Yes, I guess that's ironic LOL

Pauls' Revere
06-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Hell, your drivers license get scanned/swiped when you try to buy cold medicine thesedays due to a runny nose.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Hell, your drivers license get scanned/swiped when you try to buy cold medicine thesedays due to a runny nose.I never had that happen to me, but my first job, when I was a clerk, I was threatened with a fine or jail time if I allowed someone to buy more than 2 cold products. I quit my job and got a job in writing.

Anti Federalist
06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Hell, your drivers license get scanned/swiped when you try to buy cold medicine thesedays due to a runny nose.

Link or concrete proof of that, please.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Funny how your security doesn't matter much isn't it.

Only when they're scaring you regarding it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I believe it, there's retailers now that give a 3rd party company your drivers license number to track your returns/exchanges, even if you have a receipt. Most notable: Bestbuy.
My response: Don't buy anything there, ever.

Sola_Fide
06-03-2012, 04:12 PM

They do that here in Kentucky. You must show ID to buy certain cold products...I'm sure of it.

paulbot24
06-03-2012, 04:34 PM
I know of a camera shop owner that sells types of lithium batteries used in clandestine drug manufacturing. If somebody even buys ONE of them, he has been told by the local police to not only ask for identification but to try to get the license plate numbers off their car as they drive away.

Noble Savage
06-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I call it the social slave number...I feel like a number (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYwO8nR8oUA)