PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead: War Breaks Out in GOP

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 09:20 AM
http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/war-breaks-out-in-gop/

“In yet another instance, Ron Paul supporter Alex Helwig, Chairman of the Rules Committee who made the motion to remove the chair, was arrested by Shreveport police and released. During his brief detainment, some of his fingers were broken and when he returned to the event he was walking with aid of a cane.”

Join the discussion at Doug Wead

This report from inside the Ron Paul campaign gives you a glimpse of the resistance from establishment Republican Party operatives as they seek to hold power. Meanwhile, the GOP continues to experience its transformation. Ron Paul supporters are enduring false arrests, detainment, broken bones and slander as they simply exercise their constitutional rights of voting and participating in party politics. Keep in mind, the final outcome, as explained to me, was a good one. And in spite of brutal tactics from some in the establishment who are trying to cling to power, the Republicans of Louisiana will be represented in Tampa. Most of them will be supporters of Ron Paul, cheering on the GOP nominee.

Here is the report:

more at link

ATXRevolutionary
06-03-2012, 09:21 AM
This report from inside the Ron Paul campaign gives you a glimpse of the resistance from establishment Republican Party operatives as they seek to hold power. Meanwhile, the GOP continues to experience its transformation. Ron Paul supporters are enduring false arrests, detainment, broken bones and slander as they simply exercise their constitutional rights of voting and participating in party politics. Keep in mind, the final outcome, as explained to me, was a good one. And in spite of brutal tactics from some in the establishment who are trying to cling to power, the Republicans of Louisiana will be represented in Tampa. Most of them will be supporters of Ron Paul, cheering on the GOP nominee.

That last sentence of the paragraph I quoted above strikes me as highly curious. You're going to have a really hard time convincing me that Wead honestly thinks we'll be cheering for any GOP nominee besides Ron Paul. He's done the Q&A sessions with us - he knows how passionate we are for Ron Paul and how much we despise Romney. The leads me to believe only one conclusion... what Wead is actually saying is that Ron Paul WILL BE THE NOMINEE.

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I can't believe he thinks our guys, after having prosthetic hips snapped and fingers broken will be cheering Romney. I thought the same thing. Then went...... nah....

???

Chester Copperpot
06-03-2012, 09:25 AM
lets hope youre right.. i like to think it sounds that way to me as well..

which it does.. but im prejudiced. lol

Peace&Freedom
06-03-2012, 09:55 AM
At the very least, Tampa looks like it will be a changing of the guard moment for the GOP, where Romney may prevail but only in a publicly bumpy fashion, or Paul will emerge as the out and out winner. Either way the weakness of the current establishment will be exposed in a manner where there will be nowhere for the major media to run from covering it, or to disguise their defeat. Each time you hear thunderous applause or chants for Ron Paul on national television at the con, and the massive support he has always had is thereby laid bare for the world to see, the bell will be tolling for the old order.

specsaregood
06-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I can't believe he thinks our guys, after having prosthetic hips snapped and fingers broken will be cheering Romney. I thought the same thing. Then went...... nah....
???

If we keep telling the GOP that we will support the eventual nominee, they have no reason to exclude our delegates. They lie to us all the time.

trey4sports
06-03-2012, 10:19 AM
i don't think it is some weirdly coded secret message. Doug is just trying to nudge us toward supporting the nominee. Nominally, if nothing else.

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 10:21 AM
i don't think it is some weirdly coded secret message. Doug is just trying to nudge us toward supporting the nominee. Nominally, if nothing else.

that was the other idea I had, but I don't like that one.

MozoVote
06-03-2012, 10:44 AM
At the very least, Tampa looks like it will be a changing of the guard moment for the GOP, where Romney may prevail but only in a publicly bumpy fashion, or Paul will emerge as the out and out winner.
Yes, those "in the know" can see the undercurrents in the party. No news organization will explain to their audience how many RP people are quiety mixed into the delegate pool.

Ekrub
06-03-2012, 10:59 AM
And in spite of brutal tactics from some in the establishment who are trying to cling to power, the Republicans of Louisiana will be represented in Tampa. Most of them will be supporters of Ron Paul, cheering on the GOP nominee.

He's trying to say they will cheer on Ron. He knows it's highly unlikely but just trying to keep morale high. I imagine they've got a ton of negatived feedback after the Benton fiasco so they are trying to still give us hope.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Warning: The following Youtubes have been taken down continually in the last few hours. If you are able, copy them yourself and circulate them.

When I clicked the youtube link to the 2nd video Wead posted, it showed a copy of that same video in the side bar with 44,463 views; however, when I clicked that video from the side bar to view, and was actually viewing that video, the views were only 21,199.

Is this common for youtube, or does it mean it is it being manipulated? I took the screen shots, but as far as I know, I'm not able to post them here.

talkingpointes
06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
When I clicked the youtube link to the 2nd video Wead posted, it showed a copy of that same video in the side bar with 44,463 views; however, when I clicked that video from the side bar to view, and was actually viewing that video, the views were only 21,199.

Is this common for youtube, or does is it being manipulated? I took the screen shots, but as far as I know, I'm not able to post them here.

Yes, youtube updates views and such later. When videos have many people viewing at once usually it gets stuck at 301 views like clockwork.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Yes, youtube updates views and such later. When videos have many people viewing at once usually it gets stuck at 301 views like clockwork.

I'm familiar with that lag on youtube; in this case, however, that was not the issue. It had been updated to 44,463 in the sidebar...but then when you actually go into the video, the views are 21,199 -- they actually went down.

RabbitMan
06-03-2012, 11:53 AM
How much of an influence do you guys think we'd have at the convention, and I mean of Paul supporters, not Paul voters. 20 from ME, 20 NV, 5 WA, 17 VA, 35~ LA, 35~ MN, 8 MI, 3 NH, 20~ IA, (MAYBE) 40 OK, 20~ CO, ?? AZ, 1 WY, 6 AK, 20~ MA, 2 ND, 3 VI, 3 HI, 3 RI, 4~ VT = 225 + (40 from OK)?

These are guaranteed Paul backers. Is that enough to make much of a stir at the convention? How many more do you think we'll pick up in the coming Conventions? We seem to be getting a lot more shut-outs lately than the victories we had early on.

surf
06-03-2012, 12:00 PM
i like the thought of Ron Paul chants echoing in the Arena. any chance we can get a bunch of seats in the stands?

JustinL
06-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm familiar with that lag on youtube; in this case, however, that was not the issue. It had been updated to 44,463 in the sidebar...but then when you actually go into the video, the views are 21,199 -- they actually went down.
Do you people REALLY think Google or some operative is messing with the view numbers on videos?? It's surely a different thing when a whole youtube channel gets banned or something, but messing with views... but showing them in one place...really? Sounds like one place just updates before the other, why would some stealth and dagger operative have the know how to mess with one of the numbers, but not the other? Sounds too far fetched for me and not worth the risk of getting caught as it would be messing with a private company's data to simply lower the views 20k... give it a day or two and if things are still off instead of touting some conspiracy theory report it to Google as a bug and see if it isn't fixed and they will look into it! Unless you think the message will be intercepted or they have a Google operative to 'handle' it... haha. I understand there are conspiracies going on, but let's not get overzealous things and make ourselves look like fools. Constantly seeing people cry 'only 301 views, conspiracy!!!' on Youtube gets old quick.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Do you people REALLY think Google or some operative is messing with the view numbers on videos?? It's surely a different thing when a whole youtube channel gets banned or something, but messing with views... but showing them in one place...really? Sounds like one place just updates before the other, why would some stealth and dagger operative have the know how to mess with one of the numbers, but not the other? Sounds too far fetched for me and not worth the risk of getting caught as it would be messing with a private company's data to simply lower the views 20k... give it a day or two and if things are still off instead of touting some conspiracy theory report it to Google as a bug and see if it isn't fixed and they will look into it! Unless you think the message will be intercepted or they have a Google operative to 'handle' it... haha. I understand there are conspiracies going on, but let's not get overzealous things and make ourselves look like fools. Constantly seeing people cry 'only 301 views, conspiracy!!!' on Youtube gets old quick.

"You people?" You mean Ron Paul supporters? Or just us "overzealous fools."

First, I didn't say that, I asked if it was normal because Doug Weed said the videos were being pulled down. I also acknowledged the lag that happens at about 301, or whatever. Don't get your panties all in a bundle over this.

crashingsux
06-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Doug Weed is really an enormous Value for the campaign. War Brakes out-let's make it a Revolution!

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 01:37 PM
How much of an influence do you guys think we'd have at the convention, and I mean of Paul supporters, not Paul voters. 20 from ME, 20 NV, 5 WA, 17 VA, 35~ LA, 35~ MN, 8 MI, 3 NH, 20~ IA, (MAYBE) 40 OK, 20~ CO, ?? AZ, 1 WY, 6 AK, 20~ MA, 2 ND, 3 VI, 3 HI, 3 RI, 4~ VT = 225 + (40 from OK)?

These are guaranteed Paul backers. Is that enough to make much of a stir at the convention? How many more do you think we'll pick up in the coming Conventions? We seem to be getting a lot more shut-outs lately than the victories we had early on.

We don't know how many stealth we have, won't and shouldn't know until we get there.

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 01:38 PM
i like the thought of Ron Paul chants echoing in the Arena. any chance we can get a bunch of seats in the stands?

I don't think we should chant for Ron except when he is speaking or before / after, when we nominate him. Unless they do something to provoke it. It is better than booing.

thatpeculiarcat
06-03-2012, 01:58 PM

I read somewhere that we had 200+ RP Supporters at the '08 Convention.
We didn't (couldn't) make much of a difference then.

Let's hope it is different this time.

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Is this common for youtube, or does it mean it is it being manipulated? I took the screen shots, but as far as I know, I'm not able to post them here.

this one was pulled and the youtube account terminated. It was close to the front from the preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXEB-AfJovs

so is this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuzLaPA-KaE

anyone who has the ability to, make mirrors of the ones we still have...

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I read somewhere that we had 200+ RP Supporters at the '08 Convention.
We didn't (couldn't) make much of a difference then.

Let's hope it is different this time.

The issue is if we control states. If we control 6 states we can make and second motions and conduct business generally. The same number not delivering states won't give us that option.

JudgeNapFan
06-03-2012, 02:06 PM
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/234/8/b/What_Do_You_Mean_You_People_by_EncasedxInxPorcelai n.jpg

Carson
06-03-2012, 02:13 PM
WOLVERINES!! !!!

and possums ?

Carson
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
this one was pulled and the youtube account terminated. It was close to the front from the preview:

[v deo=youtube;PXEB-AfJovs]ht p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXEB-AfJovs[/video]

so is this one.

[v deo=youtube;MuzLaPA-KaE]h tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuzLaPA-KaE[/video]

anyone who has the ability to, make mirrors of the ones we still have...

Here is a link that works if this is the same video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mUoMqnTRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yoKvCDJ6o&feature=related

Tod
06-03-2012, 02:30 PM

Could it be that both Paul and Wead are just trying to appear to be above the fray, with Wead trying to convey the message - not to us, but to the establishment - that [since we will support the nominee] we expect you (the establishment) to reciprocate should Paul emerge victorious?

MozoVote
06-03-2012, 02:38 PM
The national campaign will normally speak softly about the dirty deeds in each state, otherwise they'd be spending all their time in fire brigade mode, one-by-one. For example they didn't get too involved with the Nevada rump convention stuff in 2008... when something is oily and ugly, a national campaign will not want to get soiled with it either.

But I agree they will find a way to express their displeasure through underlings. It is kind of like how the US president relies on his cabinet and vice president to carry the attack-dog and big-stick messages.

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 03:03 PM
LAGOP is basically saying their 20 people or so elected 30 of the 46 delegates by themselves and they left 13 unfilled 'to allow discussions with the Paul supporters who refused to participate' instead that all but a few (their few) ousted their chair appointed a new one and elected delegates.

Southerner
06-03-2012, 03:07 PM
The GOP and state GOP parties are only hurting their cause. Their caucus rules, were MADE to be GAMED! Frankly, I have always thought caucus's were bullstuff, and delegates should be chosen by proportional vote in all states and territories, all the time.

Butchie
06-03-2012, 03:11 PM
"You people?" You mean Ron Paul supporters? Or just us "overzealous fools."

First, I didn't say that, I asked if it was normal because Doug Weed said the videos were being pulled down. I also acknowledged the lag that happens at about 301, or whatever. Don't get your panties all in a bundle over this.

I'd say the point he's making, and this isn't directed at you personally, is that alot of us are really tired of having to fight off this "conspiracy nut" stigma which results from many in the RP camp screaming CONSPIRACY at every turn. It becomes really frustrating when there is actual video evidence like what we saw in the videos Doug posted but who listens to us anymore? So many have cried wolf so many times we have zero credibility. Frankly we'd be much better off if the whole "Alex Jones" wing of the movement would take a hike, or at the very least learn to keep their mouths shut.

BenMuldowney
06-03-2012, 03:21 PM
I'd say the point he's making, and this isn't directed at you personally, is that alot of us are really tired of having to fight off this "conspiracy nut" stigma which results from many in the RP camp screaming CONSPIRACY at every turn. It's becomes really frustrating when there is actual video evidence like what we saw in the videos Doug posted but who listens to us anymore? So many have cried wolf so many times we have zero credibility. Frankly we'd be much better off if the whole "Alex Jones" wing of the movement would take a hike, or at the very least learn to keep their mouths shut.

no fan of alex jones here but i wish you ninnies in the movement would take a hike. these state delegates need all the support they can get. they are the ones fighting the criminal neocon pnac filth at these conventions and they deserve our appreciation. you kill the morale and your "nice nice" tactics don't work.

Butchie
06-03-2012, 03:48 PM
no fan of alex jones here but i wish you ninnies in the movement would take a hike. these state delegates need all the support they can get. they are the ones fighting the criminal neocon pnac filth at these conventions and they deserve our appreciation. you kill the morale and your "nice nice" tactics don't work.

Come again? Because I don't believe in conspiracy theories I'm a ninnie and I kill morale?

BenMuldowney
06-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Come again? Because I don't believe in conspiracy theories I'm a ninnie and I kill morale?

people that question fraud? you agree with the mainstream that they are conspiracy nuts? and you don't want them supporting ron paul? you also are criticizing someone on here that just wants the truth about google/youtube tampering with the view counts? i can tell you for a fact that google has been fighting this movement ever since they bought out youtube and they will do anything in their power to hurt freedom lovers.

do you know why they tamper with the view counts?

we have enough on our plate fighting these organized criminals without you criticizing us. stop helping the oligarchs.

please oh great butchie... tell us which "crying wolf conspiracy" has damaged us the most?

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 03:59 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWpk0eFt-WZqhvIuQBHJBqNcfbsdbOF74mKsX3BKc8U87Yfcrcc8tUNDFs

Revolution9
06-03-2012, 04:08 PM

Nah.. Just a non thinker. You cannot even define what a conspiracy theory is. It is a mere buzzword of discreditation to you coupled to a knee jerk reaction. Cognitive dissonance is your friend. It breaks programming.

Rev9

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd say the point he's making, and this isn't directed at you personally, is that alot of us are really tired of having to fight off this "conspiracy nut" stigma which results from many in the RP camp screaming CONSPIRACY at every turn. It becomes really frustrating when there is actual video evidence like what we saw in the videos Doug posted but who listens to us anymore? So many have cried wolf so many times we have zero credibility. Frankly we'd be much better off if the whole "Alex Jones" wing of the movement would take a hike, or at the very least learn to keep their mouths shut.

Geez, it's not like I mentioned Bilderberg or anything ... which may I add, turned out not to be a "conspiracy theory" after all. I've also pointed out before, on this formum, that Google is one of RP's top 5 contributing organizations.

Do you think maybe you are directing your frustration in the wrong direction on this? It has led this thread down-hill, but I'm not going to just remain quiet as I'm being accused of being a "conspiracy theorist" for my simple question, which was based on D.W.'s statement. By the way, calling people conspiracy theorists is just playing into the propaganda. There are probably a large number of Alex Jones listeners that support Ron Paul, you don't need to insult them.

This is just my opinion.

BenMuldowney
06-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Geez, it's not like I mentioned Bilderberg or anything ... which may I add, turned out not to be a "conspiracy theory" after all. I've also pointed out before, on this form, that Google is one of RP's top 5 contributing organizations.

Do you think maybe you are directing your frustration in the wrong direction on this? It has led this thread down-hill, but I'm not going to just remain quiet as I'm being accused of being a "conspiracy theorist" for my simple question, which was based on D.W.'s statement. By the way, calling people conspiracy theorists is just playing into the propaganda. There are probably a large number of Alex Jones listeners that support Ron Paul, you don't need to insult them.

This is just my opinion.

umm.. why did you quote me? your criticisms are with butchie... you seem confused.

Eisenhower
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Yet ANOTHER little "hint" that pushes the same, "Ron Paul supporters will unite behind the party and support Romney" envelope.

It's not happening AND NEVER WILL.

Lightweis
06-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Yet ANOTHER little "hint" that pushes the same, "Ron Paul supporters will unite behind the party and support Romney" envelope.

It's not happening AND NEVER WILL.

You are not being a good republican. :eek:

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
umm.. why did you quote me? your criticisms are with butchie... you seem confused.

Oopsies, my mistake! Sorry about that! I corrected that in my post.

georgiaboy
06-03-2012, 05:02 PM
The GOP and state GOP parties are only hurting their cause. Their caucus rules, were MADE to be GAMED! Frankly, I have always thought caucus's were bullstuff, and delegates should be chosen by proportional vote in all states and territories, all the time.

I used to think that, too, until I witnessed first hand what the mainstream media machine can do to a candidate when they put their effort toward it. I now realize why the republican process is better than a strictly democratic one.

For instance, Ron was asked these same questions over and over again at every single interview by the mediasphere, even after nearly winning Iowa:

1. Will you support the eventual nominee?
2. When are you dropping out?
3. Will you run third party?

Sickening, and only the tip of the iceberg.

Butchie
06-03-2012, 05:22 PM
people that question fraud? you agree with the mainstream that they are conspiracy nuts? and you don't want them supporting ron paul? you also are criticizing someone on here that just wants the truth about google/youtube tampering with the view counts? i can tell you for a fact that google has been fighting this movement ever since they bought out youtube and they will do anything in their power to hurt freedom lovers.

do you know why they tamper with the view counts?

we have enough on our plate fighting these organized criminals without you criticizing us. stop helping the oligarchs.

please oh great butchie... tell us which "crying wolf conspiracy" has damaged us the most?

Uh gee, maybe 9/11, NWO, Zionist Bankers, Illuminati, I could go on. But, since you obviously misunderstood my post let me try to make it a little clearer to you: I never said pointing out fraud was wrong and I clearly stated my post was not directed at the particular individual, my statement was directed at people like yourself who make all kind of wild claims based on theory and nothing more ie: "i can tell you for a fact that google has been fighting this movement ever since they bought out youtube and they will do anything in their power to hurt freedom lovers."

So, if YOU say it's fact, well, guess that's enough proof for me, call the cops, hang those guys. You come back here and show me absolute proof where you've caught some google CEO tampering with view counts and I'll believe you. If people have proof of something by all means share it, but 90% of the stuff I see is just a bunch of nonsense conspiracy theories, and yes I will criticize it because it puts a bad stigma on the rest of us which we have to combat constantly.

Butchie
06-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Geez, it's not like I mentioned Bilderberg or anything ... which may I add, turned out not to be a "conspiracy theory" after all. I've also pointed out before, on this formum, that Google is one of RP's top 5 contributing organizations.

This is just my opinion.

You may have missed where I was very clear to state I wasn't refering to you personally, so let me say it again: My statement was not directed at you, if you misread it and thought I was attacking you I apologize. Also, and others have said this as well, Alex Jones listeners likely cost us 10 votes for every 1, most Americans are not interested in cospiracy theories, especially Republicans, bring up 9/11 and they'll stone you, so EVEN IF any of that is true, I'd say it's best to keep it to yourself for now wouldn't you agree?

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2012, 05:47 PM
I used to think that, too, until I witnessed first hand what the mainstream media machine can do to a candidate when they put their effort toward it. I now realize why the republican process is better than a strictly democratic one.
Yup

trey4sports
06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Uh gee, maybe 9/11, NWO, Zionist Bankers, Illuminati, I could go on. But, since you obviously misunderstood my post let me try to make it a little clearer to you: I never said pointing out fraud was wrong and I clearly stated my post was not directed at the particular individual, my statement was directed at people like yourself who make all kind of wild claims based on theory and nothing more ie: "i can tell you for a fact that google has been fighting this movement ever since they bought out youtube and they will do anything in their power to hurt freedom lovers."

So, if YOU say it's fact, well, guess that's enough proof for me, call the cops, hang those guys. You come back here and show me absolute proof where you've caught some google CEO tampering with view counts and I'll believe you. If people have proof of something by all means share it, but 90% of the stuff I see is just a bunch of nonsense conspiracy theories, and yes I will criticize it because it puts a bad stigma on the rest of us which we have to combat constantly.

Obviously you're not awake like me n kitty.

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg

sailingaway
06-03-2012, 06:00 PM
Obviously you're not awake like me n kitty.

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg

that cat realizes it should be tin foil, not aluminum foil. You can tell.

TruckinMike
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
that cat realizes it should be tin foil, not aluminum foil. You can tell.No, aluminum is fine the problem is that there is no path to ground. Without a path to ground the waves will imply bounce around in your skull -- Its obvious that kitty knows better.

Heel grounding strap:
http://productimages.grainger.com/is/image/Grainger/3XJZ2_AS01?$productdetail$

BenMuldowney
06-03-2012, 08:23 PM

it wasnt that long ago i had to argue with douche bags about the federal reserve being a private bank... i was called every name in the book. the most frequent smear was that i was an anti-semite. let's see... how far back does this go? ohhh... back to the late 80's. i'm sure you were on the other side of this argument most of your life.

Butchie
06-03-2012, 09:33 PM
it wasnt that long ago i had to argue with douche bags about the federal reserve being a private bank... i was called every name in the book. the most frequent smear was that i was an anti-semite. let's see... how far back does this go? ohhh... back to the late 80's. i'm sure you were on the other side of this argument most of your life.

Actually, I never gave a rats ass about politics till about a year ago, so no, I haven't been on any "side", I also didn't call you any names and are you implying I'm now the new "douche bag" because I don't buy into conspiracies?

Look, are there rich people trying to get richer in life, sure, are there powerful people trying for more power, ofcourse, that's life as it has always been since the dawn of man, is that a secret or a conspriacy, is there some group of super-villain geniuses hiding in a fotress of doom somewhere secretly pulling the worlds strings with flawless perfection and only people like you who are even more of a super genius than the super genius villain can figure out their dastardly plots - NO.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
You may have missed where I was very clear to state I wasn't refering to you personally, so let me say it again: My statement was not directed at you, if you misread it and thought I was attacking you I apologize. Also, and others have said this as well, Alex Jones listeners likely cost us 10 votes for every 1, most Americans are not interested in cospiracy theories, especially Republicans, bring up 9/11 and they'll stone you, so EVEN IF any of that is true, I'd say it's best to keep it to yourself for now wouldn't you agree?

No problem, it was really the original post that I felt was misdirected at me. I understand what you are saying, but I also think Alex Jones gets a bad rap when I think he deserves a heck of a lot of credit for waking people up. If not for him, many of his followers very well may have not come to support Ron Paul. Sure, Alex Jones is over the top, but I still think he deserves credit too. A whole lot of credit. In some ways it has hurt, and in some ways it has helped.

I just have to add to this, the people that have hurt our movement the most, are not the ones that listen to Alex Jones or the ones that question everything, it is the brainwashed followers that listen to the MSM and believe everything they hear! Those are the people that have hurt the movement.

ClydeCoulter
06-03-2012, 09:40 PM
con·spir·a·cy   /kənˈspɪrəsi/ [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
noun, plural con·spir·a·cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 09:45 PM
con·spir·a·cy   /kənˈspɪrəsi/ [kuhn-spir-uh-see]
noun, plural con·spir·a·cies.
1. the act of conspiring.
2. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
3. a combination of persons for a secret, unlawful, or evil purpose: He joined the conspiracy to overthrow the government.
4. Law . an agreement by two or more persons to commit a crime, fraud, or other wrongful act.
5. any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

oh no, that never happens ... not in our world. :p

J_White
06-03-2012, 09:57 PM
:mad:

was recording not allowed ?

Here is a link that works if this is the same video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7mUoMqnTRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7yoKvCDJ6o&feature=related

patriot2008
06-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Alex Jones is not a bad guy at all! Lots of us came to Ron and liberty through links, vids, other websites, whatever connected to him. How long you been on the internet?
Well, 10-15+ years ago the only information/communication available on Ron Paul, and many of his Ideas, most of what we stand for, and fight against went through practically all the same link and video connections as Alex Jones Period! He's like a Hyper Cheerleeder. So what that he makes some money on his websites that get tons of traffic. Any websites that get tons of traffic generate income. Glenn Beck is the Crook and Phoney! I've never seen anything real bad about Alex in all my years.
Alex is just Alex. Look at some of his earliest stuff in Austin, he's a good guy with a good heart.
Don't blindly believe anything anyone tells you! I still look into stuff first reported by Alex, he's quick, almost too quick, but I also look for lots of other sources on the same info as the information evolves. I do the same for almost every info link posted in this forum or even on MSM.

....and as far as view counts/censorship on youtube, I've personally seen this many times against alex jones videos posted there. I still like youtube better than any MSM, but just saying.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Alex Jones is not a bad guy at all! Lots of us came to Ron and liberty through links, vids, other websites, whatever connected to him. How long you been on the internet?

Case in point:

Ron Paul (to Alex): "You know me well enough that probably the last 30 years, especially the last 10 years since we've know each other ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfFSS1vLcXA

Eisenhower
06-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Are you saying Alex Jones has only known him since the last 10 years? I didn't check the date of that video, but Alex Jones has talked about RP since the 90s....

patriot2008
06-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Are you saying Alex Jones has only known him since the last 10 years? I didn't check the date of that video, but Alex Jones has talked about RP since the 90s....

You are right about him talking about Ron. I'm thinking 10 years or so is when they've personally started talking to each other or have done personal interviews.

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM

That was a direct quote from RP. The video is January 19, 2012....so not old. It really is an interesting interview, you should listen to it!!!

ryanmkeisling
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah, so I think Doug Wead is saying Ron Paul will be the nominee!:):toady:

ClydeCoulter
06-03-2012, 11:21 PM

That's the impression I got :D

patriot2008
06-03-2012, 11:26 PM
I think denying Romney that magic number is still possible??? After that, it would I think most definitely all unravel for Mittens.

Any good threads on the current numbers trend and possibilities of this, if not lets get a good thread going!

My mind only says, "Ron Paul will be the President!"
Hope I'm OK.:rolleyes:

No1butPaul
06-04-2012, 01:23 AM
Well, 10-15+ years ago the only information/communication available on Ron Paul, and many of his Ideas, most of what we stand for, and fight against went through practically all the same link and video connections as Alex Jones Period! He's like a Hyper Cheerleeder. So what that he makes some money on his websites that get tons of traffic. Any websites that get tons of traffic generate income. Glenn Beck is the Crook and Phoney! I've never seen anything real bad about Alex in all my years.
Alex is just Alex. Look at some of his earliest stuff in Austin, he's a good guy with a good heart.
Don't blindly believe anything anyone tells you! I still look into stuff first reported by Alex, he's quick, almost too quick, but I also look for lots of other sources on the same info as the information evolves. I do the same for almost every info link posted in this forum or even on MSM.

....and as far as view counts/censorship on youtube, I've personally seen this many times against alex jones videos posted there. I still like youtube better than any MSM, but just saying.I really don't mean to further hijack, but speak of the devil...front page Drudge now!

affa
06-04-2012, 01:46 AM

You're the one spreading the 'Ron Paul supporters are conspiracy nuts' in your very post. You're the one doing it. Not other people. YOU. So don't hide behind having to 'fight off' others saying it, because you are actively taking part in spreading that very meme. Phffffpppt. You're completely transparent.

Anyone who doesn't research/investigate and even believe in at least some conspiracy theories is the true 'nut' ... the word 'conspire' exists for a reason, because people do it. Often for far smaller stakes than billions or trillions of dollars. It's completely natural to suspect and/or theorize about potential conspiracies. Rejecting anything out of hand except for the mainstream narrative is the truly clueless option.

Butchie
06-04-2012, 03:08 AM
You're the one spreading the 'Ron Paul supporters are conspiracy nuts' in your very post. You're the one doing it. Not other people. YOU. So don't hide behind having to 'fight off' others saying it, because you are actively taking part in spreading that very meme. Phffffpppt. You're completely transparent.

Anyone who doesn't research/investigate and even believe in at least some conspiracy theories is the true 'nut' ... the word 'conspire' exists for a reason, because people do it. Often for far smaller stakes than billions or trillions of dollars. It's completely natural to suspect and/or theorize about potential conspiracies. Rejecting anything out of hand except for the mainstream narrative is the truly clueless option.

You are way off friend, not sure how you got any of that out of my post, and for the record I wasn't "hiding" behind anything, I'll come right out and say it, alot of people in the Ron Paul movement are conspiracy nuts, and the vast majority of us who aren't, such as myself, get branded with that label and when there are legitimate shenanigans (which you are correct, sometimes there are) the moment we even try to mention it we get the "tin foil hat" accussation thrown at us.

dancjm
06-04-2012, 07:48 AM
You are way off friend, not sure how you got any of that out of my post, and for the record I wasn't "hiding" behind anything, I'll come right out and say it, alot of people in the Ron Paul movement are conspiracy nuts, and the vast majority of us who aren't, such as myself, get branded with that label and when there are legitimate shenanigans (which you are correct, sometimes there are) the moment we even try to mention it we get the "tin foil hat" accussation thrown at us.

People who believe in freedom and respect for their fellow man, tend not to use labels like "nuts" against other people because of what they believe.

If someone accuses you of being "nuts", or wants to generalize about Ron Paul supporters, why don't you point out to them that this movement is about individual liberty, rather than collectivism.

porchdog
06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Ron Paul has my vote., However he nor anyone else can direct my vote..............

BenMuldowney
06-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Actually, I never gave a rats ass about politics till about a year ago, so no, I haven't been on any "side", I also didn't call you any names and are you implying I'm now the new "douche bag" because I don't buy into conspiracies?

Look, are there rich people trying to get richer in life, sure, are there powerful people trying for more power, ofcourse, that's life as it has always been since the dawn of man, is that a secret or a conspriacy, is there some group of super-villain geniuses hiding in a fotress of doom somewhere secretly pulling the worlds strings with flawless perfection and only people like you who are even more of a super genius than the super genius villain can figure out their dastardly plots - NO.

so you have about a year of experience? well i am glad you support ron paul ...i hope you continue learning.