PDA

View Full Version : GOP Unity Talkers Listen Up: Romney EQUALLY as bad as Obama!

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:32 PM
The official campaign is talking about the GOP unifying together to defeat Obama. This is total non-sense, and is the opposite message that should be made. The real message that needs to be spread is that the GOP needs to wake up, smell the coffee, and realize that Romney is every bit as bad (pro-government, pro-spending, pro-war, and anti-freedom) as Obama.

If Romney obtains the nomination we will be just as screwed as if Obama wins. We will end up four years from now with more of our rights being violated, a few more trillion dollars in debt, soldiers still in a hundred nations around the world, the FED still printing money like crazy, and a bigger government. Basically, it comes down to this:

Obama = Big government, liberal style (tax, spend, and go to war).
Romney = Big government, neocon style (tax, spend, and go to war in the name of Jesus).

Ron Paul = Much less government, much less spending, an end to the wars, lower taxes, more freedom, and an economic recovery.

The blunt truth that the campaign should be saying is that the GOP needs to realize that Romney is every bit as bad as Obama. He may talk about cutting government spending from time to time, but he will expand government just like Bush did.

If we want to live in a country four years from now that is any better than it is today, we must condemn Romney as a big government politician, and support Ron Paul.

The campaign needs to stop pandering to Romney. They need to cancel any deals they have made, and officially condemn his campaign.

thatpeculiarcat
06-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't think there is anybody in favor of "unity" around here unless it is unity around Paul.

I still hold onto the belief that threats to Paul and his family or members of the campaign were made and this is why Paul has been so friendly.

erowe1
06-02-2012, 04:38 PM
A big part of me is inclined to agree with all of this. In fact, the way Romney is clearly itching to go to war with Iran, he could be worse than Obama.

But another part of me wants to wait and see what the deal is. They can't change the fact that either Obama or Romney will be president for the next 4 years. But they might have the opportunity to do something that makes a difference for the better.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't think there is anybody in favor of "unity" around here unless it is unity around Paul.

I still hold onto the belief that threats to Paul and his family or members of the campaign were made and this is why Paul has been so friendly.

Oh Please! Ron Paul is not a pussy

erowe1

The official campaign just put out a statement that included this sentence:

However, we also wish to highlight and applaud the fact that the convention ended on a high note reflective of the cooperation all Republicans wish to see toward the mutual aim of defeating President Obama in the November general election.

nasonex
Something is going on. I do not know what. The fact is the campaign has not lifted a finger to expose the fact that Romney is just as bad as Obama. Also, they are talking about "unity" and getting rid of Obama far too much. I do not know if they were threatened or if they made a deal. I do not think Ron Paul would back down to a threat, so I guess the only possibility is the campaign made some kind of deal with Romney. The problem is there is no deal worth making. Party platform changes will be ignored, a speech will accomplish nothing, and Rand as VP would be a total sellout of the liberty movement.

mport1
06-02-2012, 04:40 PM
I have no idea what the campaign is doing. Why go against everything we have been building since 2007? Romney has practically the same policies as Obama, and may in fact be even worse. If this is a strategy to get Rand elected in 2016, it will not work. As we've seen the GOP establishment will do everything in their power to stop the rise of pro-liberty candidates.

trey4sports
06-02-2012, 04:42 PM
this is being done to advance RAND'S chances in '16.

It is what it is.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:42 PM
The problem is that there is nothing short of Ron Paul obtaining the nomination that would change anything for the better in the next four years. Platform changes will be ignored, a speech will not accomplish anything, and if Rand Paul became VP it would be a total sellout of the liberty movement. If he will sell his soul to the devil to be VP, then he would sell out our nation.

ninepointfive
06-02-2012, 04:43 PM
The official campaign just put out a statement that included this sentence:

exactly - and this is after Alex Helwig had his fingers broken, and another gentleman with a dislocated hip.

Total Bull crap nonsense from the campaign. I can't stand them. We don't deserve this.
Where do we go after Ron Paul? Obviously we cannot depend on any of the current leadership in the RP campaign.

thatpeculiarcat
06-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Oh Please! Ron Paul is not a pussy

I didn't say he was.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
I would not vote for Rand in a million years.

If this is a ploy to make it easier for Rand in 2016 then it is not worth it.

FSP-Rebel
The campaign is just putting out fluff for cover to the stooges in the msm while it holds its real cards close to the vest.
Texas style
http://i48.tinypic.com/wkmxlg.jpg

erowe1
I would not vote for Rand in a million years.

That may be where you are. But it's not where I am. And it's probably not where most of us are.

bb23
06-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Romney also sounds quite fine with outsourcing jobs

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:46 PM
exactly - and this is after Alex Helwig had his fingers broken, and another gentleman with a dislocated hip.

Total Bull crap nonsense from the campaign. I can't stand them. We don't deserve this.
Where do we go after Ron Paul? Obviously we cannot depend on any of the current leadership in the RP campaign.

If the campaign is not doing this to get Ron Paul as nominee then the RP campaign is dead, and the liberty movement has died. We no longer have any principled leadership. Anyone who would talk about unifying the GOP to defeat Obama while ignoring the fact Romney is just as bad is obviously an enemy of freedom.

erowe1
06-02-2012, 04:47 PM
If the campaign is not doing this to get Ron Paul as nominee then the RP campaign is dead, and the liberty movement has died. We no longer have any principled leadership. Anyone who would talk about unifying the GOP to defeat Obama while ignoring the fact Romney is just as bad is obviously an enemy of freedom.

The campaign is definitely not trying to get Ron Paul as the nominee and hasn't been for a long time.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:48 PM
That may be where you are. But it's not where I am. And it's probably not where most of us are.

Rand is not 1/10th as principled as his father. He is in this for his career and not to bring freedom back to this nation.

ninepointfive
06-02-2012, 04:49 PM

no doubt about it.

seems like anyone who gets paid by the campaign is a sellout - and those who do the majority of the heavy lifting are broke and spirited - and continue to push forward.
It's good to know this now, than find out later.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
The campaign is definitely not trying to get Ron Paul as the nominee and hasn't been for a long time.

Then what are they trying to do?

I see two possibilities.

First, they are trying to get Rand Paul as the VP. Of course I think this would be a sellout of the liberty movement. Romney is every bit as bad as Obama and trying to get people to vote for him would be flat out wrong.

Second, they are trying to organize something that would get Ron Paul as the nominee, but they have to do it secretly.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
They certainly aren't maximizing delegations to Tampa just to waste our money. Some people just can't stand that the campaign isn't giving out the full scoop to the supporters as in complete transparency. In a sensitive position like we're in, I fully trust they're doing what's necessary to play the chess game. Whether Paul gets the nom or not, we're still supposed to be reclaiming the GOP into our image and I'm doing my part.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-02-2012, 04:52 PM
If the campaign is not doing this to get Ron Paul as nominee then the RP campaign is dead, and the liberty movement has died.

It's more alive than it's been in 40 years. Sounds like your perspective is short sighted.

erowe1
06-02-2012, 04:54 PM
They certainly aren't maximizing delegations to Tampa just to waste our money.

Right. But they're not doing it to win the nomination for Ron Paul either. And I don't want to see this forum be a place where those kind of delusions are spread.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Reclaiming the GOP in our image cannot include supporting Romney. Remember, Rand has already endorsed him. This is like promoting Christianity by endorsing a serial killer to be a pastor.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:56 PM
It's more alive than it's been in 40 years. Sounds like your perspective is short sighted.

Doing anything to promote Romney is absolutely wrong. I do not care if opposing him hurts the campaign or not.

trey4sports
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Reclaiming the GOP in our image cannot include supporting Romney. Remember, Rand has already endorsed him. This is like promoting Christianity by endorsing a serial killer to be a pastor.

Regardless of whether we like it or not, (full disclosure, i get sick to my stomach watching that interview of Rand endorsing Romney) endorsing the party nominee is going to help Rand in '16. At the least, if he refused to support Romney (which would be the principled stance) it will hurt his chances in '16 and possibly by quite a bit.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Supporting Romney to get rid of Obama is like kicking the fox out of your chicken coop while putting in a coyote.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Right. But they're not doing it to win the nomination for Ron Paul either.
They're doing the most with what they have or will have. Anything is still possible so absolutes are premature atm. But, I see your point, in that some small % of active supporters are holding too much hope on getting the nom and can't see any other beneficial outcome longer term.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Regardless of whether we like it or not, (full disclosure, i get sick to my stomach watching that interview of Rand endorsing Romney) endorsing the party nominee is going to help Rand in '16. At the least, if he refused to support Romney (which would be the principled stance) it will hurt his chances in '16 and possibly by quite a bit.

You do not compromise to support evil. You just do not do it. The reason Ron Paul is worth voting for is because he opposes big government and speaks the truth even when it hurts him or causes him to lose votes. The fact Rand Paul has endorsed Romney is absolutely disgusting, and proves he is an absolute sell out. He is willing to compromise his values to advance his career.

erowe1
06-02-2012, 05:03 PM

IMHO, staying neutral in the presidential race and not doing anything either to help or to hurt Romney, and just focusing on other races and projects in 2012 is the way to go.

If Romney gets elected president, and I think he probably will, then our hopes for the near future depend on the GOP turning on him. If that happens, Rand will be in the best shape if he is seen as someone who was never part of the Romney camp, but he comported himself with class. If it doesn't happen, then it won't matter because Romney will just get the nomination again in 2016 anyway.

airborne373
06-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I am continually shocked at the total lack of sophistication of the commenters on this board.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 05:04 PM
By endorsing Romney, Rand Paul has endorsed....

1) Big spending.
2) Wars around the world.
3) The continuation of the Patriot Act, and the war on terror.
4) The printing of money by the FED.
5) The continuation of the war on drugs.
6) High taxation.

The fact is that if you endorse a monster you ARE a monster.

nasonex
06-02-2012, 05:08 PM
A lack of sophistication?

The fact is that unlike Rand Paul who is a total sellout, some of us refuse to compromise on our principles. I'm willing to be called unsophisticated by many if a few end up calling me principled.

Some people on this board seem to think that the end justifies the means, but it does not. If we let our principles go to obtain political gain we do not deserve that gain in the first place. My hope is that Rand Paul is voted out of the senate now that he has totally sold out.

trey4sports
06-02-2012, 05:11 PM
IMHO, staying neutral in the presidential race and not doing anything either to help or to hurt Romney, and just focusing on other races and projects in 2012 is the way to go.

If Romney gets elected president, and I think he probably will, then our hopes for the near future depend on the GOP turning on him. If that happens, Rand will be in the best shape if he is seen as someone who was never part of the Romney camp, but he comported himself with class. If it doesn't happen, then it won't matter because Romney will just get the nomination again in 2016 anyway.

staying neutral will hurt him either way IMO. He would be relentlessly hammered in '16 for "not supporting the republican against obama," and i believe it would be a pretty big problem to tell you the truth. As it stands he can really grab a chunk of the old-guard GOP in '16 if he plays his cards right. (sells out, that is)

If Romney wins then there is no chance of a GOP candidate primarying him simply because he will govern within the politically acceptable box and do what it takes to keep us at bay. Including passing some of our legislation if we have enough power.

By endorsing Romney, Rand Paul has endorsed....

1) Big spending.
2) Wars around the world.
3) The continuation of the Patriot Act, and the war on terror.
4) The printing of money by the FED.
5) The continuation of the war on drugs.
6) High taxation.

The fact is that if you endorse a monster you ARE a monster.

don't really know what to say. You're right.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-02-2012, 05:12 PM
A lack of sophistication?

Interesting you assume airborne was talking about you. Why?